Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake Setting Missing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, anyone else having this problem with their Ionic where the Screen Wake setting is missing? I noticed something was wrong  when my watch suddenly stopped waking when I turned my wrist up to look at the time.  I went into settings and the screen wake setting was gone.  I also soft reset the device and still no fix.  Your help would be greatly appreciated hoping not to have to hard reset.

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114
Agreed! Like when one of the recent iPhone updates changed how you activate airdrop. I had to google that when I couldn’t do it the way I had been. Totally non intuitive now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the problem.  Thanks for a concise solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic won't swipe right. What to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not supposed to.

Best Answer

Try this:

Press the left button and hold until a menu comes up.

on this menu swipe if needed to get to the setting “Screen Awake”

there change it to Manual.

hope that helps!

Best Answer
Holding the left button worked. Many thanks
Best Answer
My yoga bag inadvertently did that for me and that’s how I discovered how to access that menu.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

^^^^^^^HOLDING THE LEFT BUTTON FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Long press Left key to get Screen settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Long press left key to get screen wake settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That one did the trick on finding the screen awake setting. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Yes it was under wallet. God knows who moved it there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!! Thank you! I didn't have the wake option either by swiping right. I held the left button and voila!! It worked! Thank you! 😀

Best Answer

You welcome!!  I know it can be frustrating!  🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

The hold left button for two seconds did bring up the screen awake setting so I could change it. My husband was tired of my Fitbit shining in his eyes in the middle of the night.  I have changed it to manual. Will turn it off if it still turns on too much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes thank you this worked great holding down the left button for 2 seconds. Notifications came up too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All

I have a Charge 3 and same issue came up.

From the time home screen lightly press side button until the wake screen light bulb comes up ... may be very pale to look at ... touch to high light and exit.

This worked for me

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayCo12 wrote:

Hello, anyone else having this problem with their Ionic where the Screen Wake setting is missing? I noticed something was wrong  when my watch suddenly stopped waking when I turned my wrist up to look at the time.  I went into settings and the screen wake setting was gone.  I also soft reset the device and still no fix.  Your help would be greatly appreciated hoping not to have to hard reset.

Hi All

I have a Charge 3 and same issue came up.

From the time home screen lightly press side button until the wake screen light bulb comes up ... may be very pale to look at ... touch to high light and exit.

This worked for me

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally!  Thank u @imeson79 Man Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes