Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake Setting Missing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, anyone else having this problem with their Ionic where the Screen Wake setting is missing? I noticed something was wrong  when my watch suddenly stopped waking when I turned my wrist up to look at the time.  I went into settings and the screen wake setting was gone.  I also soft reset the device and still no fix.  Your help would be greatly appreciated hoping not to have to hard reset.

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114

I can't swipe right. I've tried and nothing happens. I have the latest update and wondering if that's why.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finnaly, thanks.

Holding down the left button shows the PayPass/credit card option, but...

swiping then finally gives me the “screen Awake” option.

I wanted mine off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once at wallet, then swipe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine Is doing the same.. my settings app had an update last night.. And this morning the same thing is happening  Very frustrating.. My settings version is 32.10.14. c

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may have figured this out or no longer have the problem, but swiping right for me does not work on my Ionic.  I had to press and hold the button on the left (the single button side).  Then it gave me the wake option.  

Best Answer

Yes, thank you for the follow up. 

Love my Iconic Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you- works 🙂
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

You, sir, are the GOAT

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I was going nuts reading all these solutions that say swipe to the right, but the settings would not appear!

Best Answer

Note that on the new operating system, the swipe to the right does not work anymore.  Hold down the left button for about 2 seconds in order for the display settings to appear.

Best Answer

Thank you so much. My versa stopped waking automatically. Fitbit support had no idea how to get to that screen. They’re sending me a brand new one. Today my gym bag inadvertently activated that menu and I reset it to auto. Now it works and now I know how to get to tiat menu. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also only had to hold the left button. No swipe necessary 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks - finally a solution that worked.

fit bit really aren't good at communicating how access mechanisms change! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jacksonzim wrote:

thanks - finally a solution that worked.

fit bit really aren't good at communicating how access mechanisms change! 🙂

Page 19 in the User Manual wasn't enough?

wake.JPG

Best Answer

Hi there,

My Ionic doesn't allow a swipe right from the home screen.  It just 'bounces' the clock face back.  Do you need to have a specific clock face to make this work, in which case, which one?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Instead of swiping right, click and hold the left middle button for a few seconds - screen wake and notifications will appear. Mine was set to manual, when I set it back to auto the wrist activated wake up worked again.  Phew - really annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured that out accidentally when leaving the gym one day my yoga bag strap pressed and held that button and that screen was up when I put the bag down. I had googled unsuccessfully only days prior to that and found nothing but tried googling again and found the solution and then was able to duplicate it and problem solved. Fitbit support had not been able to help me and their solution was to send me a new device. I would think that they should have known how to set manual vs automatic screen view. It’s been handy to set manual when I don’t want it constantly popping on at night.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea. I have a versa and apparently since the screen functions differ between the blaze and versa I wouldn’t be surprised if they vary between the versa and ionic too. I’d check the community board posts periodically for new info.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So this is how I solved this:

press left button until menu pops up, for my settings I have my credit card in the middle, music controls to the left and to the right the DARN Screen Wake option!  Why is it here!?  Gosh only those engeneers know.

good luck ppl!

Best Answer
0 Votes