Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpO2 clock face displays "Couldn't read SpO2" - Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was finally able to install the SpO2 clock face on my Ionic after days of failed installs. Now after two full nights of sleep, I am getting this error on my clock face. My sleep settings does show my SpO2 variance graph for recorded sleep. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update - resolved!! After posting this last night, I decided to remove the SpO2 clock face and reinstall it.

1. Selected other clock face in My Ionic

2. Clicked on Sp02 clock face and selected "Remove clock face"

3. Went to gallery and reinstalled SpO2 Signature  

4. SpO2 clock face was then selected.

Went to sleep last night and woke up.  Waited for "Recording SpO2" message to go away and viola! I now have my last night's range present!!

Not sure what happened on the first install, but glad to see it now working.  I hope this is helpful for anyone else with this error message.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rooksie A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just wanted to clarify that SpO2 clock face is available in certain regions, if it's not available in Fitbit App Gallery then it means it's not available for your country. 

It seems that I'm unable to see the screenshot attached, please follow these instructions to attach one to your next reply. 

To make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values, keep the following in mind:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • You must get at least 3 hours of quality sleep. Data is only collected when you’re still. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get SpO2 data.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning.

Learn more about it by checking this article

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that I'm unable to see the screenshot attached

Working fine here. Perhaps try on another device.

Here is the full URL.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNw0uYC5ERqKCYahHmlqjmpuP3YkZxayMwX64m-pPRPrruK4RPxTQsJ5Zjsz5e7...

Best Answer

SpO2 is available in the Fitbit gallery to me. See screenshot in the gallery link below. I am in the United States, South Carolina.

I got 8 hours and 20 minutes of registered sleep last night and 7 hours and 57 minutes the night before, as shown in a screenshot. The SpO2 clock face was installed Monday before Monday night's sleep. 

Gallery of screenshots below 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/media/v4/gallerypage/user-id/7273953/album-id/275156

Best Answer

Same thing is happening with me too....Displaying Couldn't read spO2 for the second night in a row.  Finally just said its not worth the battery drain if i cannot at least read the results.  So I switched back and will just not have the feature.  Have had nothing but problems with Fitbit.  Its as glitchy as you can get for a watch on everything that can possibly be wrong.  I am seriously thinking about giving up on this watch and going with something that is much stabler like an Apple watch.  Im also tired of the Fitbit update schedule.  It always appears like I receive updates like 3 months after it is reported to be released for the Fitbit on the internet.  Apple updates everyone the day of an update release.  Its amazing!!!

Best Answer

Update - resolved!! After posting this last night, I decided to remove the SpO2 clock face and reinstall it.

1. Selected other clock face in My Ionic

2. Clicked on Sp02 clock face and selected "Remove clock face"

3. Went to gallery and reinstalled SpO2 Signature  

4. SpO2 clock face was then selected.

Went to sleep last night and woke up.  Waited for "Recording SpO2" message to go away and viola! I now have my last night's range present!!

Not sure what happened on the first install, but glad to see it now working.  I hope this is helpful for anyone else with this error message.

Best Answer

After installing the watch, I found switching to today and back to the clockface again refreshes it and others.

It seems to be working.

Best Answer

I agree.  The versa 2 is my third Fitbit watch and my last.  The SpO2 has worked only once.  Why?  I’ve done everything that was suggested but still nothing.  I am not a restless sleeper, and I make sure it’s charged.  It seems none of the problems ever get fixed.  Apple here I come.  My husband has an Apple Watch and it does everything it’s suppose to without excuses.

Best Answer

My versa 2 was reading the spo2 just fine for the 2 months I had it. Now it hasn't read in three nights. I deleted the clock face as suggested, firmware up to date, and now the clock face doesnt show for me to download again. What happened???

Best Answer
0 Votes

This work around resolved the issue on my Sense for two days then the same issue.  You can do this repeatedly but it seems Fitbit is pushing their engineering issue onto the user community.  Fitbit buggy software will drive long term users to other devices.

Best Answer

You are exactly correct, I joined fitbit in January 2012 (checked my dashboard) and I switched away last year to an android smart watch.  Doesn't have the website flash, but it works and I don't have these silly issues to deal with any longer. I still use my aria so haven't severed all ties YET.

Best Answer

SpO2 has not been showing on the app for a couple of weeks. Have tried restarting, updating the app, cleaning the watch. Everything else shows under metrics a d the watch face displays a value for SpO2 with a message saying last night’s range. Plus the value shown in the centre of the clock has changed over the last week, so it does appear to be measuring it, just not displaying in the app. If I uninstall and reinstall the clock face will I lose historical data? Can I download data, if so how? Sorry for all the questions!

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my versa. The SpO2 face fails to read 30% of the time. What is sad is that watches costing 1/5th the cost work smoothly and are feature rich. Not just that. The interface is very no intuitive and badly designed. One has to search for quite some time till a required functionality is traced. Fitbit needs to pull up its socks and learn to get its devices to work at least as well as the competition. It cannot sail for long on it's brand image. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Having the same issue(s) with my new Sense. Fighting it for two days to get the SPO2 to work correctly. Thinking seriously of returning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes