Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Options: Always Connected + Keep-Alive Widget = no sync

Anyone else had this problem? Worked perfect efter i unselected these two options again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Peter76! Below are the causes of syncing issues:

• The Bluetooth setting on your phone is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • Your software on your phone is up to date. To check, tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • You have location services turned on and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. For more information see, Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?
  • If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. 
  • Your phone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app for Android interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.
  • The firmware on your Fitbit device is up to date. 

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If those steps don't work, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Ionic by following these steps
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention i did all of those steps and nothing worked until i Unchecked these options: Always Connected + Keep-Alive Widget = no sync.

Efter that everything worked Good, but, apperently i cannot idé those options för done respons.

I have a samsung s8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again. I also never needed to do this:

5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And, telephone spelling, should be:

After that everything worked good, but, apperently i cannot use those options for some reasons.

Best Answer
0 Votes