Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timezone did not change automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I found another problem: the timezone does not change automatically. I travel often and I noticed that. Last travel was from Italy to Ukraine - there is one hour of difference. (Ukraine +1) When I arrived to Kiev, Ionic does not recognize the new timezone and the same when I came back to Italy. The only way to force the hour change is to connect to web panel and sync the clock. This watch uses latest techologies like GPS, like other things and it's not able to change automatically the hours? 🙂 Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Sure.  My clock face displays the local timezone right below the time.  Both Dual Time and The Traveler have this function.The timezone is more likely to update than the time.  The exception is the 1:3 times I have to shut them both down to get the phone (Moto X4, Verizon) and Ionic to talk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @FlyFrosty, would it be possible as well if you could provide a picture of how you're looking at the time or the timezone with the clock face you have selected? 

Usually your tracker, after syncing, will update the time and date of the place you're currently in as long as your phone (or device that's currently syncing) is already in the correct timezone. However, if you have synced already and the time and date is not updating, a restart of your Fitbit device could be of help. 

If after restarting and syncing your tracker the timezone hasn't changed automatically, you can change it manually by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Advance Settings. Then disable Set Automatically and select your current timezone manually. Sync your tracker and when the time corrects itself, go back and enable Set Automatically once again. This has been useful for other people as well. 

I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am just back from another week of traveling.  I updated my clock face from the developer version of Dual Time to the latest release of The Traveler.  What I have found is that I have to manually force the Fitbit app to sync after my phone comes out of airplane mode.  I am able to do this 3 out of 4 times.  The last 1 out of 4 times, I have to shut down all the way both my phone and Ionic then restart them to get them to talk.  Without forcing the sync, twice the timezone updated but not the time.  Using JonFitbit's idea, I use a function to ping the phone every 15 minutes (900,000 msecs) to get the timezone from the phone.  I have to do this because the Date function used by Fitbit removes the timezone information.

For what it's worth, my co-pilot's Garmin's time just updated by itself.  I want my Ionic to do the same.  

If it helps, here are the pics you wanted...

TravelersClockface-screenshot (14).pngTravelersClockface-screenshot (6).pngDual-Time-screenshot copy.png

You can see the Eastern Standard Time (EST) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) underneath the primary (top) time. 

Best Answer

Thanks a million for taking the time to troubleshoot your Ionic and for attaching those pictures @FlyFrosty.

You have a good point in your comment, although I was checking compatibility information for your phone and the Moto X4 is not in the list of tested devices. We can try to do a couple of steps to try to fix this issues but since it is not fully tested with this specific model of phone we can't assure it will work flawless.

I'd suggest to checking that your phone and Fitbit app are up to date. Make sure your phone permissions and leave location is on. You can change to a different clock face with same features to see if it is not a clock face issue, if that's the case we will have to check with the developer.

Thanks for your time and please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YojanaFitbit,

Thank you for working with me.  I verified my phone has no available updates.  I am using Fitbit app version 2.83 and my Ionic is using Firmaware version 27.32.12.19.

I believe I have all of my permissions properly set with automatic time zone selected on and Automatic location set to on.  Also, I verified Fitbit gets unlimited data usage and all the notifications are enabled.  My Ionic is also a Trusted device in my Smart lock.  Am I missing anything?

I will try a different clock face this week and see if that works.

Thanks again.

Best Answer

Wow! Actually you have done a terrific job by troubleshooting your Ionic @FlyFrosty. I think that's a good idea, you can try a different clock face and see how it goes. Hopefully it will work but if not please let me know so I can escalate this for you.

Thanks for the hard work! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used two different clocks and can confirm that the only way to get the time to sync when coming off of airplane mode is to force a sync from the app. 

Is there a way pragramtically to force the time to sync?  Both of my clock faces update the tie zone succesfully on schedule, but this means they have no anchor to the actual time shown.  In this picture, the timezone is correct but the ime is wrong.  I had to sync the Fitbit app to get the time to correct.

Correct timezone, wrong time.Correct timezone, wrong time.

Best Answer

Hi @FlyFrosty, thanks for getting back and testing this clock face. I was doing some research and it looks like it happens with other apps too. I'll take pass the information to our team to see if this can be modify in the future. I was using other apps on my phone too and it looks like I have to refresh them after using airplane mode but I hope this can be changed in a near future.

Thanks again for your patience while we're working on this, let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 years later I still have the exact same issue on my fitbit Ionic. Gfs Sense worked as it should though. Phones time was correct, the auto timezone tab in the app was correct but Ionic didnt update even after manual syncs and watch restarts. I managed to get the time right when I changed it in my online web dashboard, hidden under settings/profile, which had an incorrect value. Would be nice to have my watch update the timezone correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes