Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to factory reset my ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

a few days ago my ionic was having battery trouble (8 hour battery life). Then it went down to only 3 hours battery life. I read something that said I should try a factory reset if a normal reset didnt work. So I did. Now it is saying I need to sync and try again. I already unpaired it from my Bluetooth and fitbit app. Please Help Me!!!

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Do you see the message www.fitbit.com/setup?

Was the factory reset down through the settings menu on the ionic or performed by using the 3 button method. 

Also once a factory reset is performed the user has to do the Add Device to setup the Ionic again. A factory reset removes the tracker from the Fitbit account without telling Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both methods. Removed the app and the device in the app, but i can not reconnect. . 

It keep saying data not cleared, can not sync and also not reset again. Hopeless device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did this by setting option. But from last 5 days onwards it showing logo
only. Tell me what to do. I am very disappointed with the service and
quality of watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nakika you may want to contact Fitbit support. Contact.fitbit.com

@Princy2019 

Have you done an add device to connect the tracker to your account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I removed the device, than the app. Installed the app again and tried to ad the device. It does not see the device so I can not connect/sync.

the watch says data not cleared, sync. This does not work. Resetting again is also not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you contacted fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I contact them. I could only find this forum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

http://Contact.fitbit.com

I am on my FOURTH Ionic for this same issue, this starts and then they eventually get stuck in a reboot loop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me never again Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nakika tap on your photo in the top right, then tap contact Fitbit. 

Or tap on the help link below or the help in the Fitbit app. Contact info will be found in all three places. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a solution. Use the FitBit app on iPhone after factory reset. Connect iPhone and Ionic to same Wireless 2 G network. Update. If the update fails, switch to Bluetooth and continue to update with Bluetooth, as the iPhone app requests you to do. Android app does not update Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

so I tried to reset my ionic and now it's not doing anything, nothing lighting up, not even after leaving to to charge for hours, pressing or holding buttons does nothing..any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear sir
Kindly see three golden dots behind the watch. May be any dots could be
missing from charging point.
Best Answer
Need to reset my phone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes