Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to factory reset my ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

a few days ago my ionic was having battery trouble (8 hour battery life). Then it went down to only 3 hours battery life. I read something that said I should try a factory reset if a normal reset didnt work. So I did. Now it is saying I need to sync and try again. I already unpaired it from my Bluetooth and fitbit app. Please Help Me!!!

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

There was no reason to remove the ionic from your Fitbit account, the factory reset would do this. 

Now if you have done a factory reset, you will need to setup the tracker as a new device to your Fitbit account. 

However I'm curious as to what you where trying to do, was it on the ionic or the fitbit app, when when you where asked to try again and sync. 

For me the factory reset brought my battery life from 8 hours back up to 3.5 days. 

Best Answer

15304481496171190416132.jpg

It was on the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would try again, this is simply telling you that the ionic did not properly do a factory reset. Press the left button to close this screen. 

If this fails. then try the hardware version. 

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer

My heart rate, and step sensors aren't turning on. The calibration didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried these steps several times and every time it comes up with same screen saying "Data not cleared, Sync & try again" I have tried restarting my phone as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a sync, then a reset?

I'm not sure why a sync is needed, but it might be worth a shot.

Best Answer

I followed this exactly and now the fitbit logo is just flashing on and off and won’t let me do anything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to here this @Thrower89, I'm not sure what the problem was our why a factory reset was needed?

However after a factory reset the tracker will need to be setup? Are you able to do this? If not what wrapped do you see?

Best Answer

Same problem here 

Best Answer

Hello @Nakika with no mention of any problem in this thread, I'm unaware of what the same problem may be. 

Could more details be given? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had it all working.  It is on and the Fitbit  sign is on the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not knowing what the issue is, I'm not really able to tell you what you need to do. A factory reset often will only add more problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic was not syncing and did not gave the right time anymore. I tried all the mentioned steps. Finale I tried to put it back to factory settings 3 times but keep getting data not cleared sync and try again. But it does not sync. It says in the app i must charge. But it is charged and on the charge cable. 

Best Answer
I have had my watch on charger and it still does not turn on. It was two days ago that it was working. It is fully charged!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If the ionic has had a factory reset then you will need to do an add device and set it up as if it is new to you. 

Yes I saw the data not clear but no mention of what it is in relation to. 

Not knowing the issue or the phone I was not able to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did factory reset on fitbit ionic but now it showing logo only I tried to start by watching videos but unable to start please help me how to start.

Whenever I tried it it shows logo only.

Please help me to start it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried a factory reset after my watch mall functioned. Now i also have only the logo. It wont sync any more. I think a will throw it in the bin and save for an Apple watch. So much better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes