Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Set Up Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just received my fitbit Ionic. I went to the app , and selected set up new device, selected Ionic, and it directed me to download the mobile app. OK. I went to my phone, opened up the app (I have the latest version of the Fitbit app), and started the process of adding a new device. I selected Set UP Your Fibit Ionic, which led me to the Accept Terms screen, I selected "I agree" , and nothing ......screen does nothing .. OK - what am I missing here ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I have had a zip, charge, blaze and decided to buy the ionic.  Even bought the 2 year warranty for a total of $360.  It will not download the update so we cannnot use it.  We went to a sisters house with Wi-Fi and spent an hour with customer service and it still will not work.  We were told someone would contact us in 48 hours to resolve the issue.  After a week no one called so we called customer service back.  We were told to go find Wi-Fi with the right megahertz, like we are going to go knock on peoples doors to ask if we can borrow their wifi.  We decided to ask for our 360 back.  We will see if that happens, sounds like now there is a bunch of emails and hoops to follow and jump thru to get our money back.  We are very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue was my phone and the iPad were both trying to connect to the
Fitbit. I shut off the iPad and restarted the phone and it finally
worked. Still have issues with the iPad and phone conflicting though
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im returning mine tomorrow. Spent all night on it and got absolutely nowhere. I cant even get the app to download for a laptop and it doesnt stay connected to my phone. I am very very disapointed with fitbit for putting out such a crappy product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. I have spent 2 full days trying to set up new ionic. I contacted help desk 4 times and they were no help at all. I was told that i have to connect to wi-fi, of which i dont have at home. I went to the local library this morning and connected to wi-fi,  guess what!!!! I still couldn't set up my ionic. The help desk told me that my Samsung s2 is too old. So i came home and tried to connect to my brand new Samsung a8. Again it will o ly let me connect through wi-fi. Really wish i hadn't purchased a new ionic. Should have chosen something more user friendly. What a waste of time the help desk is

Best Answer

Mine died at month 13, one month after the warrantee.  It basically is a useless brick.  They offered 1/4th off a new one.  I guess that means every 13 months spending $250 on a new watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, you are right.  Having a product that dies 1 month after the warrantee is a pain.  Then to offer 1/4th off is an insult.  They are basically saying buy a new watch for $250 every year and a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would have been nice of them to state that there are compatible device
requirements and that you need a computer with windows 10 etc to get music
loaded onto it. That's all I wanted it for is to eliminate having to carry
a device just to play music while I work out running etc... All of the
other features I use I get on my Pulse 2. I sent mine back this morning and
doudt that I will purchase another fitbit for a long time due to the fact
that I think some of the problems they know about and they are being
d\deceptive about it in order to sell products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community Forums @Rosemary1213 @Unhappyionicown and @JerrryD let me give a hand with this concern. 

I would like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our customer's Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive because this information help us to evaluate our procedures for future cases. For any inquiry regarding our warranty policies I'd recommend to check Return Policy and Warranty for more information and details. 

@Unhappyionicown I was informed by our Support team that they're already assisting you with your concern. Keep an eye to your email inbox for any update from them.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No one is helping me!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up after several hours, put it back in the back and returned it the
next day.
They obviously dont have it together with the software and the interface.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Thanks for your replies and updates @Unhappyionicown @Rosemary1213, I'm happy to continue providing assistance. 

@Unhappyionicown I was notified by Support that you received an email from them with some instructions to resolve your concern. If such instructions didn't resolve this matter or you have additional questions regarding the steps that were provided, I recommend you to reply their email to receive further assistance. Don't hesitate to ask me any additional inquiries you may have.

@Rosemary1213 Thanks for your comments and sharing your experience with us, your feedback is appreciated. We will be waiting for you if you decide to come back to our Fitbit family.

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes