Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Set Up Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just received my fitbit Ionic. I went to the app , and selected set up new device, selected Ionic, and it directed me to download the mobile app. OK. I went to my phone, opened up the app (I have the latest version of the Fitbit app), and started the process of adding a new device. I selected Set UP Your Fibit Ionic, which led me to the Accept Terms screen, I selected "I agree" , and nothing ......screen does nothing .. OK - what am I missing here ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Yikes, a communication issue @BIGSTARXXX

Switch on/off Bluetooth, then click I agree, sometimes it works.

It is an odd issue, I use an iPhone 6+ and had no glitch.

If flipping the bluetooth on and off doesn't work for you may be affected by a known problem for some people fitbit is working on. Keep an eye on the following thread that has the latest updates from fitbit:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Can-t-set-up-device-unable-to-accept-Terms-of-Service-on-iOS...

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used my Ipad Pro, and was able to get past the I Agree screen - now next problem, it won't connect via Bluetooth - multiple on/off on bluetooth, and rest Fitbit 3x -- nothing .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opened the fitbit App and hit the + sign at the bottom of the list to add the tracker, that paired it instantly.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, failed on Iphone 6s on iOS 11 - I went to to my Iphone 6  on iOS 10.3, and it found the Ionic - it paired, and I was able to set up wifi, and it's currently doing a firmware update

Hopefully I can complete set up .. but if it's not working with my iPhone 6s on iOS 11 then that's a problem ... 

Thanks for the help - I'll post results once I am done -- hopefully the iOS 11 issues are ironed out 

Odd that I can't set up from my desktop (which has the latest Fitbit Connect app, and has bluetooth)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same issue. Here's what worked for me. 

1) Kill the Fitbit app

2) turn off bluetooth

3) Start Fitbit app

4) Go to the "I agree" screen, click "I agree" and then immediately turn on Bluetooth using the control center (Swipe up)

5) The Fitbit app instantly recognized that Bluetooth was on and I was able to accept the terms of use

Best Answer

I am having the same problem on my Note 8....I AM TEADY TO SEND IT BACK!!!

Best Answer

I am going to try that I hope it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go the Chat help.  Its complicated but after an hour they finally got mine to work.  Had to unpaid turn off all Bluetooth devices restart phone and fitbit and then replace the existing IONIC.  Brutal but it worked

Best Answer

Thank you... I got it to work .. it took about an hour

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make that unpair not unpaid

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been trying to get my Ionic setup for the last 3 hours.  Have reset my iPad Pro, my FitBit Ionic, my FitBit app, my Bluetooth, nothing - can't find my WiFi even though every other device in the house has no issue - and I have the device sitting on the router.  tried turning every bluetooth device in house off except my ipad and ionic.  This is sooooo frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chat was just totally useless.  Had me repeat all the same troubleshooting setup stuff I've already done myself 3 times.  what a waste of time.  still can't set up my ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

After an hour of repeating the same sequence I gave up on the chat help.  How many times can you turn off BT?  How many times can you hold in the left button and bottom right?  8 was enough for me.  I don't think this is the phone for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck yet? Running into the same issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Customer service was helpful but what makes the most difference is
restarting the item you want to link to and then shutting off all blue
tooth items in the immediate vicinity except for the one you want to
synchronize. Once you do sync everything can be turned back on and no
problems from then on. There was a huge problem for me between my iPad and
my phone. Once I shut off bt for iPad it synced fine

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

never got it to work, chat was useless, finally used my husband's phone to get it initialized, fitbit ionic watch is working but can't sync it with any of my own devices - what a pain in the a...

Best Answer
Yes it is a bear to sync the first time. Online chat with Fitbit was
helpful for me though
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been trying to set up PayPass for 12 hours  4 hours with Fitbit couple of hours with 2 banks 4 trips to the shops to test and it still doesn’t work re loaded everything got verification from both banks and nothing 

an Apple Watch is looking pretty good at present if I haddent paid $400 for it it would go in the draw never to see daylight again a waste of a day and no results apart from less hair 

Best Answer

Hey I was having numerous setup issues as many others after the third day I asked my girlfriend if I could use her iphone and I opened her fitbit and logged into my account and it worked logged out of my account and reopened on my phone and has been issue free since

Best Answer
0 Votes