Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join Fitbit Heart Study

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I am trying to sign up for the new heart trial that can detect things like afib. I get to the "Get Started" button in the trial, but then it always asks me to get the software on my device up to date, even though it already is and doesn't give me the option to upgrade.  Does anyone else have this problem.  Already tried updating the app and restarting the phone and Ionic.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-heart-study/ 

This is the link im using to attempt to join the study. Its not working. Please assist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I bought a Fitbit Inspire HR specifically so I could join the heart study.  I have set up my Fitbit in my account.  When I try to sign up through https://healthsolutions.fitbit.com/heartstudy-info/, I get to the next page where there is a "Get Started" button that is grayed out and unclickable. I am over 22 and I am in the U.S. Please help - this is the entire reason I bought a Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Da049r @Sekhmet Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for letting me know that you're trying to sign up using the online Dashboard. 

I appreciate your interest in joining this study. In order to enroll this Fitbit Heart Study, you need to go to your Fitbit app and join from there, please do the following: 

In the Fitbit app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone:

1. Tap the Discover tab.
  2. Under Assessments & Reports, tap Heart Study Clinical Trial.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up.

Learn more about it by checking this article: What should I know about the Fitbit Heart Study? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the reply.  I followed these steps, but unfortunately under Assessments & Reports, I do not have an option for the Heart Study.  There are only 2 options displayed (Wellness Reports and Fitbit COVID-19 Study).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sekhmet Thank you for getting back.

I appreciate that you double checked if you had the option to join the Heart Study. Thank you for your feedback and for your interest in joining this study, whenever there's a new research it will be posted in the Fitbit Blog or the app. You can find more information and create a Field Testing account at beta.fitbit.com.  

Best Answer

Are you saying I cannot join the heart study?  This was the reason I purchased a Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having some issues joining the study.  Every time I attempt to join, the Getting Started button is grayed out. I am a premium, charge 3, using software 3.27 (984) on an IOS.

Your help is appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sekhmet Thank you for getting back. 

@Tourmalene Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

At the moment it's not possible to join the Fitbit Heart Study. Whenever there's a new research it will be announced in the Fitbit Blog or you could create a Field Testing account at beta.fitbit.com.  

As a side note, you could check the Fitbit Warranty here.

Best Answer

I got the email 1 hour ago asking me to join the study and the button is grayed out for me also...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having the same issue and learned they paused enrollment for participants 61 years and younger. Not sure why you couldn't get a direct answer on this.

-Jeff

Best Answer
**ahem** I got kinda excited about it too! Thank you for letting me know. It
seemed like pulling teeth to get a straight awnser. That is really bad
design to give zero reason in the dialog.
Best Answer

Thank you, JKanaovicz!!  Finally an explanation.

Yes, this was an extremely poor customer experience all around.  

First, I had carefully read the terms of the study to ensure I would qualify, then read up on the supported devices, and finally purchased a Fitbit just for this study. (I suspect I have A-Fib - yes I know I should just see a cardiologist, but that is easier said than done these days).  

Then, I couldn't join, but of course I thought it was some technical issue because the website isn't smart enough to tell me that I'm too young.  This cost me a lot of wasted time  - trying in different browsers, trying in the app, and trying to get a clear answer from Fitbit here on this forum.  

Lastly, the customer service experience on this forum has been pretty ridiculous... Definitely like pulling teeth.

My daughter is now enjoying her new, gently used Fitbit.  Too much trouble to ship it back now.  I can't say I'll be buying another one for myself.

Best Answer

As others have stated,  the study was a big part of my decision to purchase the fitbit. Very disappointing to have to spend hours trying to get an answer to why I was not able to sign up. Extremely frustrating 😑   

Best Answer
0 Votes