Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Ionic with your Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my watch wont let me in. It keeps saying "unlock with your phone" on the screen when I tap screen.

Ive tried resetting and turning it on and off.

When I go to tap on device lock it says change pin but when I press on change then it says its block  and another screen comes up with device authentication failed.

I'm losing patience.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Hey Mate 

Had the exact same problem. What you need to do is deactivate fitpay on the website, Then go back to the app and unlock the fitbit from the app by creating a new pin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the forums @xaj588! I noticed that you contacted our Customer Support Team and your issue is now solved. I'm glad to hear you're back on track! Man Happy 

Thanks for jumping in here @02SunsetRunner0! Also, thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided. Nice way to go! 

Did you try what @Roxy156 and @Nkanyiso are suggesting? 

To unlock your watch with your phone:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

If the steps above don't work, please turn off everything that is Bluetooth enabled.  Tablets, PC, other phones. Wireless headphones hanging around - power off.  You don't want any stray 'signals' effecting this process.  Then, remove your Ionic from your phone.

• Go to the phone's Bluetooth settings and remove your Ionic from there
  • Then, open up the Fitbit app on your phone.
  • Select the 'account' icon in top right corner of screen.
  • This shows "your account", which should have your Ionic under 'Devices'.
  • Select "+ set up a device".
  • Replace Ionic. You will need to agree that you are indeed replacing your Ionic on next screen.
  • Continue through all instructions.  You are basically pretending to add a 'new' watch to this app.  Follow all instructions.  You will get a 4-digit code to input during the process (this is not the 'unlock' code).  

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all suggestions but my ionic is still saying “unlock with your phone”.

Ive tried resetting my pin which won’t work, I’ve tried to remove my ionic from the app and add as though it’s a new one - neither will unlock the phone. Help

Best Answer

Hi 

I ended up deleting the Fitbit app from my phone And reinstalled it Didnt loose any information as all works now 

Deleted credit card from Fitbit as that seems to be the problem 

(security side of things) 

All Good now Hope this works for you 

Best Answer

Thanks, just tried this but unsuccessful. Still locked.

Doing my head in, it’s only a few months old. Might be time to get an Apple Watch 👎

Best Answer

Hi,

Just had same problem. "unlock with phone" very frustrating but I managed to sort it by using an old android phone that's never been connected to Fitbit app. Enabled bluetooth on the phone, Downloaded Fitbit app. Searched and paired ionic using phones bluetooth. then went through Fitbit suggested process of unlocking by phone.

Best Answer

Hello @Bernie18@02SunsetRunner0@Davepebs, thank you for all the information you've provided so far, I can see that you have already tried several troubleshooting options mentioned previously, including deletion and reinstalling the app. 

Could you please confirm if you have also performed the steps mentioned here to complete a factory reset on your Ionic watch? Make sure you have synced your watch first so you don't loose activity data recorded during the day. 

Also, thank yo for sharing this solution you found @02SunsetRunner0Smiley Happy

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Easiest way is to use desktop app - go to the wallet app and it will pop up with a message saying you've hit the wrong pin no. 10 times and need to do a factory reset... it asks for a new pin no.- do that and you're all done and you don't lose any stats on your device - it only changes your PIN.. go figure...

Best Answer
Great! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help with this @Bogchops, and welcome to the forums. 

Keep us posted if this works for you as well @AndyDavidSmiley Happy

Best Answer

I received the following message on my device: "unlock with your phone". Yes I saw the steps in the "community", however when I tried those steps, I received the following message: "Error registering Ionic with fitbit wallet. Error connecting to ionic. Make sure it is close by and turned on"

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have my wallet set up yet. Troubleshooting device unlock by removing wallet info didnt work either.

Ionic owner.

Thank you so much, this worked on my ionic.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SLY72, thank you for your inquiry. Also, thank you for confirming the steps worked for you @EbzP

Could you please provide more details about what you experienced? Were you trying to set up Fitbit Pay as well? 

With the steps mentioned in the Community, are you referring to these steps to unlock your device from using the phone? 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

agreed don’t waste time unlocking with iphone by trying out all mentioned solutions. Just go straight to pc, download windows apps, perform a factory reset and data not lost and phone unlocked with new pin that you choose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @wohg128. Thank you for your suggestion! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I now have this issue having turned on wallet a few days ago. None of the recommended fixes have worked ( I may have not done them correct as they are complex in practice).i should need an it degree Ron operate a watch.

how long am I supposed to devote to fixing this expensive device after it spontaneuoulsy  failed?

when will fitbit acknowledge its pay app has a fatal flaw, make it known to users (perhaps) and really fix it?

extrmely frustrated. My fitness regime relies on this device but having been sucked into this silly wallet app has left me  high and dry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Redstain, thank you for your reply and welcome to the Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with your Ionic watch. Could you please provide some more details about what you've been experiencing? What is the exact error message that you're getting? Also, let us know which are the steps you mentioned that were not successful, so we can look for other options; have you tried all the suggestions mentioned here earlier? 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Error Messages just like everyone else on this forum.
Fixed by doing factory reset. That seems a lot more straightforward than what you suggest.
Won’t be using your wallet again
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @Redstain, it's good to know you were able to resolve with the factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the above & getting a message Sorry, there was a problem changing your device lock Pin.

@SantiR wrote:

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for performing those troubleshooting steps to sort this out, it is always good to perform a restart on your Ionic whenever this kind of situations happen.

What kind/model of mobile device do you have? 

Please try the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit App.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit App.

Try to unlock with your phone once again:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click "Device Lock".
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes