Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275
I’ve been using it for 4 months now with no problems. Really useful and seems to work everywhere (contactless). Also like the app set up. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tripiwrote:
I’ve been using it for 4 months now with no problems. Really useful and seems to work everywhere (contactless). Also like the app set up. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

The issue with contactless (NFC) is that it doesn’t utilize MST. Please vote for MST here: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I wasn’t able to add a link to my post because the browser box (Dolphin X browser for iPhone X) moves my cursor automatically when trying to paste a link, so I’m not able to paste the link. Here’s the link:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637#M156...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

@soccersnapswrote:

I opened a starling account yesterday so just waiting for the card to arrive so i can use my ionic. Have to say opening the starling account was easy and the app looks good to use. if it allows me to use my watch to pay for items, then it is worth it.

If you're impressed with that, wait until you see the packaging the card comes in. Very unique indeed. I know Starling isn't very well known, but so far I've been pretty impressed with them. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

ha yes, very impressive packaging, the whole Starling experience has been exceptionally good

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually have an android and am baffled to where I find the device lock link after I go to device image, so I can UNlock my Ionic watch until you get my bank, Chase, on the bank list for USA. How do I remove my passcode? I emailed support, but they were of no help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! 

Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update. Fitbit Pay is now available for Windows 10 users!

So if you are currently using a Windows 10 device and have a card that is supported on the Fitbit Pay bank list, feel free to set up your wallet. 

Please note: Windows 10 users will only be able to set up one card at this time. 

For more information on Fitbit Pay, check out this article. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks, Matt! That's awesome to hear! I saw the app update when I was out and about, and was hoping it was that time!

Best Answer

Matt,

That's a step in the right direction, but is the issue with BOA cards resolved?  If I couldn't setup my BOA card on my iPad, it probably won't work on W10 either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, good news... I was able to setup and verify my BOA card and it looks like it should work.  I'll report back after my first payment.  

The Fitbit app updated on the 12th and while I'm really glad to see Wallet functional now, I'm amazed FitBit didn't fix the data entry problem that keeps you from entering any data for any app.  (Weather locations, stocks, etc...).  The app just crashes with the first character entry.

Best Answer
I actually have an android and am baffled to where I find the device lock
link after I go to device image, so I can UNlock my Ionic watch until you
get my bank, Chase, on the bank list for USA..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, dacarter, that one's survived like two or three Windows app updates now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did add Wells Fargo

I wish they would add 

First National Bank of Omaha

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it was one of my reasons for choosing the ionic, that and being able to send a quick response to messages a feature I also do not have, wallet is there to pay but my bank is not among the selections

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there going to be any new banks added to the United Kingdom please?  I do NOT want to have to have a new current account purely so I can pay using my Ionic.  Starling Bank only offers a current account, and having spoken to Danske Bank this morning, they will now not allow customers outside of Northern Ireland to apply for a credit card, unless they have a current account with them!

I purchased an Ionic on the day it was released, with one of the selling point being the opportunity to pay using it - almost six months later, and there's only two choices, which aren't mainstream banks, both of which you have to have a current account with?  That's really quite poor.

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
Yes this was a selling point for me as well and sadly my bank is not there either, very disappointing in your specs when you list the ability to have fit pay it should also say limited banks, you really need to move at a much faster pace of adding new banks, out also says ionic notifications and quick responses but you don't have quick responses unless maybe that feature works with droid phones and not Apple in which case it should also say because people purchased according to abilities as well as looks and price ranges, I bought this over Apple I should have stuck to Apple having an apple phone ugh!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I made my first NCF payment today and it worked perfectly.  Lumia 950/W10 Mobile/BOA CC.  This is going to be really handy.  I had NFC payments on the 950, but they became so unreliable I stopped using it.  Great to have it back in an even more convenient package.  I love that I don't have to unlock the watch every time since it's smart enough to know if the watch has been taken off since the last unlock or not.  Got to give credit to FB where it's due, they got this feature working well. 

Best Answer

I have the same microsoft 950 is not working on my payments. The wallet application is still used in the configuration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to enter and verify a credit card?  In my case, I got an email from BOA telling me it was ready to go.

Best Answer

I do not even have the ability to add a credit card in my Fitbit phone application. During the week, the app has been upgraded 2 times, Ionic updated today (by the way, I had to reset it because it stopped working and did not mess with the phone). I still do not understand that there are enormous differences in functionality between countries where I sell this toy.

Best Answer
0 Votes