Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275
That's where the problem lies .... I go to where it says "wifi", go under
where it says "device lock" and then under "device lock" it says "enabled".
I click where it says "device lock", then it wants me to put in the same
passcode that's on my Ionic I'm guessing, but it repeatedly tells me to
"try again"!!??
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pedersen1941wrote:
That's where the problem lies .... I go to where it says "wifi", go under
where it says "device lock" and then under "device lock" it says "enabled".
I click where it says "device lock", then it wants me to put in the same
passcode that's on my Ionic I'm guessing, but it repeatedly tells me to
"try again"!!??

Try going to “Remove This Ionic” and adding it again - let us know the turnout!

32C7E73F-66D9-421E-85BE-F07763D5AAC5.png

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh mine didn't do that or maybe it did and I don't remember out might wasn't the four digit code to confirm it's you making the change

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Out may be asking for the point again to assure out is you making the change

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kitnpawz704wrote:
Oh mine didn't do that or maybe it did and I don't remember out might wasn't the four digit code to confirm it's you making the change

Sent from my iPhone

Can you please explain/elaborate? I am not in full understanding of your post - my apologies. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kitnpawz704wrote:

Out may be asking for the point again to assure out is you making the change

With regards to this as well; can you please explain/elaborate? I am not in full understanding of your post - my apologies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you click on device lock is  it asking you for you 4 digit pin? 

If so it is just making sure it is you trying to make the changes, so once you put it the option should show to deactivate it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kitnpawz704wrote:

When you click on device lock is  it asking you for you 4 digit pin? 

If so it is just making sure it is you trying to make the changes, so once you put it the option should show to deactivate it...

When I choose “Device Lock”, I do not automatically get prompted to input my 4-digit pin. This is what the “Device Lock” option page shows:

5A77B7A8-6AAA-4394-994D-EA9C0B2F88E5.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
What choices does out give you?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kitnpawz704wrote:
What choices does out give you?

Sent from my iPhone

Do you mean to ask “What choices does that give you?”? If so, what specific choices are you referring to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see you are using a HP elite x3 how were you able to get the wifi to update on the windows phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@burnout_454wrote:

I see you are using a HP elite x3 how were you able to get the wifi to update on the windows phone.

I never really had an issue getting the Ionic to connect to my WiFi at home through the Fitbit app in Windows, whether it's thru my Elite X3 or Surface Pro.

The trick is, the WiFi antenna in the Ionic is very small so you have to get close to the WiFi access point to get a good signal. The Ionic can only connect to 2.4Ghz band so make sure you're using 802.11G/N. In the app, you need to go to the Ionic, scroll down to WiFi Setup and connect to your WiFi.

Once this step is successful, you should be able to update the Ionic to the latest firmware.

Before starting to update the firmware, you may want to restart your Ionic and Fitbit app, get close to the WiFi Access Point and make sure both are plugged into a battery to ensure the fastest update. Mine completed in less than 15 minutes on the second try.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I’m hoping there will be more banks added here in Ireland. I currently bank with AIB, I only realized that my bank wasn’t supported when I was setting up my wallet... a little disappointed 

please please please try add more banks other than KBC (MasterCard)

Here’s hoping,

Paul. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain out was one of the features why I bought ionic then after setting it up buying a lot of other bands and cover protectors then I find my bank is not in there either I am very very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

All you have for Canada is RBC, when is Fibit going to add Scotiabank? I'm not changing banks just so I can use Fitbit pay 😥

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 04/10/2018

Hi all! Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update. 

I am excited to announce that Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

For complete instructions on how to set up Fitbit Pay, please check out our initial post, here

If your bank has not yet been added to Fitbit Pay, I recommend casting adding your bank or casting a vote in our Feature Suggestions forum. You can find the full list of Fitbit Pay compatible banks, by following this link

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Can confirm that I was able to successfully add my Chase VISA to Fitbit Pay.  Very cool!

Best Answer

Yeah finally got to add a card to fitbit pay chase just got added

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confused. I have a Versa and all set up but... The manual says to just aim the watch face at a terminal, the watch itself says "Press the left button from any screen and then aim the face at the terminal". So which one is it? Do I just aim the watch and it *should* work or do I press the button like the watch says. And if so, do I keep the button pressed while the watch face is aimed at the terminal?

It's failed twice to work today. Something about "EID" error? And then, the contactless terminal would not even let my bank card tap on but disabled that sort of transaction and I had to shove my card in the slot to work.

I need help folks, sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fangles wrote:

Confused. I have a Versa and all set up but... The manual says to just aim the watch face at a terminal, the watch itself says "Press the left button from any screen and then aim the face at the terminal". So which one is it? Do I just aim the watch and it *should* work or do I press the button like the watch says. And if so, do I keep the button pressed while the watch face is aimed at the terminal?

It's failed twice to work today. Something about "EID" error? And then, the contactless terminal would not even let my bank card tap on but disabled that sort of transaction and I had to shove my card in the slot to work.

I need help folks, sigh.

Press and hold the left button for a couple of seconds (the Versa should vibrate) if you see a padlock on the screen, tap it and enter the pin you used when you added your card to fitbit pay. Once you've entered your pin, your card should be displayed on the screen. Now just hold it up to the terminal and it should work. You will only have to enter your pin every 24hrs or if you take your watch off of your wrist, this is for security. So the next time you use it you will only need to press and hold the left button for a few seconds, vibrate and card displayed on the screen. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer