Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

Is there anyone in this forum who was able to change the refund payment mode? 

By mistake i selected it as "Google Play eGift" assuming it to be "Google Pay" and now i have raised a query to change it to paypal but so far they are not able to confirm on the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you to all that replied to me. I will just have to wait for the second email for the refund. Just been out for a run and did another 5k. Ionic now on charge & still in use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same kind of boat
I'm in Poland, the first confirmation code didn't work after 24 hours, so I asked for a 2nd one, it worked.
Then I confirmed, my Ionic stopped syncing but I still didn't receive a confirmation email with refund and discount information... will wait a bit, but I hope to get it soon enough as I use my watch quite a lot and would like to order a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Seadweller. 

I am not one of that Google/Fitbit mob.

I too am NOT !  happy with how it is go'n.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.  Been trying for two dayas as well.

For God sake Fitbit, sort this mess out.  Or are you hoping that we'll all get too frustrated and not progress our refunds.  Quality of service on this has been absolutely awful.  You'd have known how many people are affected and you should have tested that your refund process actually works.  Shame on you.

PS.  These forums don't seem to work in Chrome.  Quite ironic seeing as you're owned by Google now.  If you can't get that right what hope do we have for an over-complicated refund process.

Best Answer

Hey, I am stuck verifying my account. When I try to verify it the location is United States, but I'm located in Finland, I followed the instructions and updated my location in my account, but when I try to start the verifying process again, it still shows United States... I have been waiting more than 30 minutes for the chat support, and also on twitter, but I have been ignored so far. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I solve this? What will happen if I just confirm the United Stated location even if it's wrong? 

Thanks

Best Answer
I'm still stuck on, verify your code and re enter it.
You just get another code if you go back to verify it and start the circle
again.
Best Answer

Hi, here in Holland still getting Reference Code not found.

After 1 day of waiting to sync after registration.

Solve this!!!!

Best Answer

Hi there.I have a Fitbit ionic and I haven’t used it since 2018.it has been brought to my attention that they have been recalled. When I follow the various steps as directed it just says my device is not for refund etc however it has now completely turned off and appears to be discontinued. I have tried to rung the English help desk with no answer. No email address and I’m not on Twitter. Would someone know who to contact regarding this matter? Is there a customer care? Kind regards Caitriona 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Elena, I am not one of the Google/Fitbit people.

l too am wanting more information wanting Ionic owners.

Good luck to us all.

Cheers

Best Answer
I still get verify your code is correct and re enter it.
There is no where to verify the code. You just get a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When copy and posting reference code try deleting from the front of the code and the end number then retyping it in again after pasting into the 2 boxes, this needs to no done in both boxes

Best Answer
I’ve found a solution,I’ve found a wall. I’m now going to bang my head on it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly like many others after going through the registration process the system fails when trying to enter the reference code to verify everything. Shouldn’t be a difficult process to set up and maintain, looks like the whole recall system was a Friday afternoon job. Online chat doesn’t work to Fitbit and they don’t answer DMs on Twitter. 

Best Answer

Hallo. Multistrada.

Ik ben niet. Oh oh 😉 

I am not one of those Fitbit medewerkers.

I too am dealing with getting that refund

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried it again this morning (5th time), and it seems to have been a success.

Loodicrus_0-1646651327372.png

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the process will go smoother 🤞

Best Answer

@Loodicrus It also worked for me this morning, and my device is disabled from syncing, but I didn't get a confirmation message yet (it's been 3 hours)... did you get any email ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had the code over 36 hours and it doesn’t work, just tried your suggestion of typing it in and still not working.

no email support, no live chat appalling!

Best Answer

@Clapoti wrote:

did you get any email ?

No, not yet, but I read in previous post that it can take 3 or 4 days before you get that email.

Best Answer

@Loodicrus ah ok thanks, I will try to be patient 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes