Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642
You need to send the device back in to them.
There is a protocol to follow - they ask for basic info, send you a box and then you wait. And wait. I did not have my receipt.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
at last I received my refund through paypal
Best Answer

Looks like they have stopped the Ionic recall support number for India. The phone number is not working. +4402075700343.

Best Answer

Yes , from India we need to call on 0008009190757. In my case they told me that it is escalated to next level and I should get an email from them. I hope to see email from fitbit soon

Best Answer

It took fitbit customer care 10mins to patch the call to Ionic recall helpdesk. And then the old lady said the same thing she said to me 4 weeks ago :). No change in response or attitude. 

Best Answer
Do you have the watch aswell???if you do I claimed and didn’t even have a receipt just had to send them a picture of the watch
Best Answer

Refund request fibit ionic update the refund status

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I do still have the watch.
In fact I’m still wearing it every day. The only thing it doesn’t do is sync with my account. So I will wear it as long as I can until something better turns up.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Congratulations!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all the registration and have now been waiting since the beginning of May for my refund, I’ve contacted customer support to escalate it but still not heard a dicky bird, I can’t believe it can take this long to sort out, it’s all very well giving 90 days to claim a discount on another device, but if it’s taking more than that to sort out a refund, I shouldn’t have to invest more of my money before seeing action from Fitbit, not a lot of confidence I’m afraid

Best Answer

I registered for the refund got the email with the code to verify my account and agreed for them to disable my device (which appeared to happen instantly as it's now gone from my account), but never got an email confirmation that my device had been disabled and nor have I recieved any discount code. 

Best Answer

Same to me, I finished the process more than a month ago and I´m still waiting for the refund! No news heard form them at all!

Best Answer
I started the process March 3rd…still waiting after many calls and emails that fall flat..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

So after waiting 3 months still no email with my refund. Called the helpline, which were no help at all. The customer service this company provides is terrible. Left me with no watch and no refund. I was told there is no one I can speak to or email about why this is taking so long. Over-all terrible service.

Best Answer
This is my exact same scenario …..It is outrageous…FitBit is a joke.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I did send it in. 4 months and still no refund.
Best Answer

Have you gotten your recall payment?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long ago did you send in and get approved? My date was supposed to be June 17th but still haven't gotten anything. 

Best Answer

I sent mine in on the 21st of May and still nothing company is a joke.

Best Answer

No refund...8 weeks and counting.

Best Answer