Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for replacement Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I returned my defective/ dead Ionic on 7-30-18, using Fitbit's return label.  I haven't gotten a new device yet nor any confirmation that my defective device has been received by Fitbit.  Does anyone know what the standard communication is and the typical turnaround time? 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did they email you your return label?  If so, pull up the email and check if there’s a long number at the bottom that starts with 9.  It can be tracked through usps and fedex.  When usps hands it off to fedex, their tracking will show delivered.  When fedex tracking delivers it to Fitbit, it will show delivered.  Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just sent them a second email.  I tried live chat,  but it disconnected before it even began.  I get the feeling that there are a lot of folks with questions and the support department is swamped. 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using Twitter seems to get a faster response, usually within 2 hours

Best Answer

We’re in the same boat, I think.  I printed the return label on August 3rd, mailed it, and the tracking info shows it was just delivered today.  FedEx took forever especially since it just went to a neighboring state.  I’ve read that after it’s delivered, it can take up to 5 business days to confirm receipt of defective watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It feels like forever.  I do not have tracking on my package (sent USPS) but I thought I'd have heard from Fitbit by now. 

Fingers crossed that our replacement devices operate flawlessly and for a very long time. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Twitter account for me.  I did see that as a communication option and an not surprised that it gets the quickest response,  due to its public nature. 

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they email you your return label?  If so, pull up the email and check if there’s a long number at the bottom that starts with 9.  It can be tracked through usps and fedex.  When usps hands it off to fedex, their tracking will show delivered.  When fedex tracking delivers it to Fitbit, it will show delivered.  Hope this helps!

Best Answer

You are awesome!  Thank you so much!  Fitbit received it yesterday afternoon.  That was in transit much longer than I would have expected.  

Thanks for taking the time to kindly help a fellow Fitbit wearer! 

Cathy 

Best Answer

Here's a shipping story for you folks.  I returned a faulty Versa via USPS/FEDEX using Fitbit return label on July 2nd  of this year.  USPS delivered to FEDEX on July 3rd. This is in a small town in Texas about 90 miles from Houston. 

There has been no word about the package until August 13th when it appeared in Houston and left Houston August 14 supposedly headed to Fitbit in Indiana finally . So it took almost 6 weeks to get the 90 miles from here to Houston.  I wonder how long it will now take FEDEX to get it to Indiana from Houston?  Smiley Mad

During that time trying to trace it,  USPS wouldn't do anything because their tracking record showed the package delivered to FEDEX and FEDEX wouldn't do anything because their records showed they had never received it!

Best Answer

How terribly frustrating!  Has Fitbit Support done anything to expedite a resolution for you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no problem with Fitbit.  They sent me a replacement without waiting for the return.

Best Answer

Oh my gosh.....same boat. Ionic dead 7.24 would not charge. I am still waiting for replacement, its 8.16...worst service ever 

Best Answer

It took a full two weeks for my defective device to get from WA to IN. Fitbit tells me that my replacement should ship by this Friday. Hopefully it will arrive before mid-September. I'm expecting another two weeks of travel time for my new one. 

Five weeks for a replacement seems rather excessive in this day and age.  How do other companies make two-day shipping look so easy?

Sigh...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences and the delay on your replacement trackers. 

Once our team has confirmed that your return has been received at the warehouse, our team will process your replacement order. You’ll receive another email from Fitbit with a link to your order status. Your order should arrive within 7-10 business days from the date of shipment. 

If your order has been delayed, please track your order updates with the tracking number generated by your carrier. It may take 24-48 hours for your tracking information to provide any updates through these websites. Check these websites regularly and be on the lookout for weather alerts or service disruptions that may affect your shipping time.

If you have questions for the carrier shipping your package, please contact them directly.

We appreciate your understanding.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not understanding. This snail mail policy is for the birds. Just the
worst customer support!
Best Answer
0 Votes

MarreFitbit,

I believe that everyone commenting in this thread understands the process.  I believe we are all in agreement that the slow shipping is the frustrating part of this situation. 

Using the label provided by Fitbit, it took a full two weeks for my defective device to be delivered to your company.  Add to that another 7-10 days for Fitbit to ship the replacement plus what I can only suspect will be another two weeks in transit to me.  

All told,  that equals five or more weeks without my Ionic. That feels like an exceedingly long time to wait.

My hope is that Fitbit will find a more expedient system for replacing failed devices. 

Thank you for your attention to my comments. 

cmar85

Best Answer
That is exactly what I have endured.

It's so frustrating. No place in the e commerce world we all (except fit
bit) live in.

Chris
Best Answer

I got an email last night saying that they had received my watch but needed my phone number before they can send out the new one.  Here’s hoping my watch arrives soon!

Best Answer
I had to send them all of that information as well (which they should have
on file if they used an enterprise crm solution) . My watch finally arrived
today and I am so over fitbite I have no real desire to start using it. Of
course the synching is not working. #overfitbit...shame
Best Answer