Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450

Hey everyone! Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Spo2 sensor. I apologize for the delay in my reply. 

@Rogers007@phnichols@romerorodrigo@Pescho33@sfringer@Usmc8152, @SunsetRunner, @Nadro@Medic288@pacopaco and @seven83 thanks for the comments that each one of your have shared.

Your comments have been shared with our team and as soon as we have more information, it will be posted here. As mentioned before, we hope to share an update this year. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding. 

Also, I noticed that some of you mentioned posts that were removed. If any Moderator removes any post, they will be sending you a PM. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"...we hope to share an update this year..." ?!?  You have got to be kidding, it's only April, I would hope to see something by the end of the month!  The Ionic came out in 2017!  All of my previous Fitbits only lasted 2-3 years. 

This is crazy!

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit wrote:

Your comments have been shared with our team and as soon as we have more information, it will be posted here. As mentioned before, we hope to share an update this year. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding. 

You must be kidding. This is so embarassing for Fitbit.

I'd like to know if I can return my Ionic for a full refund. It's one year old.

Please let me know.

Best Answer

"End of year", so fail, much lol.

On the other hand, I have no idea why the FDA would be a stumbling block. I'M NOT IN THE USA!

Best Answer

"we hope to share an update this year"

Your comments are equally helpful as saying nothing at all. That's still 9 months, and not even a promise. So it could be 5 years or never. 

Best Answer

Probably a very small percentage of Ionic owners ever come to these forums.  Managements silence, lack of transparency, proves they don't give a hoot regarding our complaints.

It seems the SPO2 sensor is no longer advertised for the Ionic.      A relative SPO2 sensor is advertised for the Versa and Charge 3.  

I doubt the SPO2 sensor will ever work for the Ionic.  There must be a  reason Fitbit no longer lists a SPO2 sensor for the Ionic.

Best Answer

Wow... MAYBE an update this year?

Im considering returning mine since i realized the SpO2 wasnt active dispite the charge 3 being on the market for so long already.

I wont even consider buying it again until someone i know has one tells me the sensor is active and runs 24/7 like the heart monitor, and like other sports bands on the market, one of which i do have that works perfectly, 24/7 heart rate and blood oxygen, but its only IP66 rated not IP68, so id love the fitbit charge 3, but if for $200 it cant even do what my other $45! Sport band has been doing for 6 months without fail, than its not worth my money, esspecially if the betas are closed and yet the sensor is still not active for everyone and even still, if it will only be active for Sleep mode, than its even less worth my money, if it wont run 24/7 and watch my O2 levels while working out, driving, swimming, ect, than its less than pointless to bother with this device at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Id love too call it false advertising, but technically speaking, Fitbit has never advertised this feature as a selling point, that im aware of, nor is it on the packaging for the devices that have it, at least not the Charge 3.

The only place its shown that the SpO2 is in the device, is in the actual manufacturers specifications, on fitbits website, but the only reason for that is because they have too yell you the sensor is physically in the device, even if its not being used. They do not claim anywhere that its operational or any thing.

Now that said, i think its sad that, as i mentioned above, other manufacturers have bands that can show relative O2 stats all day with the heart monitor.

Yes they are ONLY O2 stats, not mixed with sleep monitors and this and that, but that is also my point. WHY has fitbit not enabled atleast the basic fuctions of the O2 sensor and have it log all day like the heart monitor, and then continue too work on integration with sleep and such, but atleast the rest of us who want too see our O2 because we are smokers, or have COPD, or sleep apnea, ect, atleast we coyld be tracking our O2 stats for now, and eventuallly see how its affecting our sleep and everything else.

But the main function should be easy too get FDA approval, if thats the reason for real that its taking so long. Stop making such a complex O2 firmware, and just make a basic one and get this thing running for us and make your conplex one later.

Best Answer

What other sport band are you using  that does spo2 perfectly? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its name is the Xiamoi Band 3.

Works great but IP rating is 67 at most, and i dive when i swim, i need IP68/50M water proof device so i can see blood oxygen records after deep dives and while in smoke filled shops and such while im working... A few reasons i have it. Its not as good as a fitbit charge 3 WOULD BE if its O2 sensor was active, it doesnt have sleep monitoring and such, like not accurate, but it does what i need it too right now, it will keep a real time check of my O2 while selected on the device, but not in the background if i choose a sport mode... A few things that make it not as good as a Fitbit would be, but for $45 it was well worth it while i decide if im returning my fitbit and waiting for the sensor too be active or buying one from someone else like Xiaomi or Garmin who i beleive also has a device that does work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are LOTS on the market tho, just unbranded.

I got mine from Wish, actually Geek, if you know what those are. Very reliable.

Im like 90% sure im returning my fitbit by the end of the month. I have till then basically.

If a new Beta doesnt open for the SpO2 sensor or the firmware upgrade activation hasnt happen by the end of the month and i cant monitor my O2 like i can with my other device, than im definitely returning it. Im not wearing two devices all day like a weird-o, so ill return the expensive one that doesnt even do what i want and keep the cheap one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't know the MI band 3 could do spo2. I have one. Have to try it. Thanks  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does atleast lol has for last few months since i bought it before i could afford a charge 3.

Now when i return my charge 3 i can just wait for the new Xaiomi band and buy if for cheap too and hooefully it will do what i need

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MerlinStWahgwan Oh man! You just called me weirdo 😄 I wear two watches 😄 On my left wrist I wear the device which is far superior to the Ionic, and my right wrist is occupied by malfunctioning Ionic because now the only function of it is to be able to compare stats and other basic stuff with my wife who uses Charge 2. So yeah, I'm one of those weirdos with two watches 😄

Best Answer

What is sad is that it seems to actually be tracking ok. Like I have bronchitis and you can see very clearly where I went from Revitalization of 81 to bottoming out at 53 and such at the peak of ilness and how now that i am recovering it is coming back up. (ETA: I am on the Beta)

Best Answer

Ok, so beta ppl have some functionality but the rest of us have nothing and the beta was limited too the number of people and has been closed for a while so no one else can get it.

Like i sad before, fitbit needs too just activate basic O2 stats and work on integration with sleep and welness stuff later, but atleast enable the O2 sensor for day time use and have it record O2 levels

Best Answer

@MerlinStWahgwan

I've setup my MI band 3 again, but no spo2 to be found. Could you tell me where to find it in the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly my opinion too. I have Copd (not from smoking) ang got my Ionic to keep track of my spo2 while exercising. How hard can it be. Can't believe FDA or whatever could have a opinion if they just present the numbers and logging them. Really disappointed on how Fitbit is handling the matter...

Best Answer

Have you checked you update and everything?

Mine is on the device, records in the app only when selected on the band, which sucks but you can leave it running all day if you want.

Mine has a BP/O2 selection below the heart rate selection in the app

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you beta testing? I'm not finding an option for the SP02 sensor.
Best Answer
0 Votes