Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Bug With Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any updates from Fitbit on fixing the Wifi bug with the Ionic?  Although the sync issues have seemed to tame down I still cannot connect to Wifi - tried everything - calling support, turning on and off bluetooth, reinstalling the app, the device, factory reset, etc, etc.... Nothing works.  My network has a very strong signal and is personal not enterprise and I am able to connect any other device to it except the Ionic.

Thought maybe I had a faulty device but I tried another Ionic and had the same exact issue of not being able to connect to Wifi.

Anyone have similar issues and is anyone aware if Fitbit is working on a fix specifically to Wifi connectivity?

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@Jorkal wrote:
Maybe, then you know its working properly!

Then you can troubleshooting further!

Vriendelijke groet,
Bert

Indeed. So dumb asking somebody to test on another network. Whatever next? I suggest myself he finds a piece of string and tie them together that should work! Smiley LOL 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ACTUALLY, Graniteabs2014 AND FitAlexS, it is NOT Stupid at all!  If you have a router or WiIFi problem, trying to hook up somewhere else might just expose the issue as Jorkal said!  A friend or neighbor might let you hook up your phone and Ionic to their network, or just go to someplace with an open network and see if that solves it.  Then you can rule out or confirm you have issues with your own Wifi.   It's called troubleshooting!  

Before you call someone "Stupid", you might try not being that way yourself!  As someone who IS an expert with troubleshooting Electronics, Computers, Routers, Networks, Etc., I DO know what I am talking about!   

Make sure you have access to a 2.4Ghz band Wifi and you are close to the router as the Ionic has a weak signal and is intended to be close to the connected device. (Whether Bluetooth or Wifi)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having a similar problem. I had it set up on my home wifi. Then I left my watch at my gf's house for a week, so it went dead. Bringing it back home, after charging, the wifi would not recognize any networks. Tried everything. Finally read a message below about how to turn iconic off (settings, about, turn off). Did that, turned it back on, and wifi was back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blarney77 wrote:

ACTUALLY, Graniteabs2014 AND FitAlexS, it is NOT Stupid at all!  If you have a router or WiIFi problem, trying to hook up somewhere else might just expose the issue as Jorkal said!  A friend or neighbor might let you hook up your phone and Ionic to their network, or just go to someplace with an open network and see if that solves it.  Then you can rule out or confirm you have issues with your own Wifi.   It's called troubleshooting!  

Before you call someone "Stupid", you might try not being that way yourself!  As someone who IS an expert with troubleshooting Electronics, Computers, Routers, Networks, Etc., I DO know what I am talking about!   

Make sure you have access to a 2.4Ghz band Wifi and you are close to the router as the Ionic has a weak signal and is intended to be close to the connected device. (Whether Bluetooth or Wifi)

I'm afraid my sarcasm totally bypassed you. Of course testing it on another network is totally valid. Chances are he's running 5ghz of something. I can't believe some over entitled human actually complained about this as if it were an offensive suggestion . Snowflake if there ever was a definition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had issues connecting to  wireless networks, but have had a problem of installing apps on wireless networks. At my home i tried connecting to three different access points, made by asus, buffalo and linksys. Ionic would connect to all of them but would not install apps, apps would must have the install bar thing going back and forth. Then after a while it would fail and access if i wanted to continue. I then was successful at using a hotspot, all apps installed. Was also able to manually add the network for the hotspot on my phone, and that worked aswell. All networks tested were setup to use WPA2 personal, only difference was the length of the password. So on my main access point I created a separate ssid with only 8 characters for the wpa2 password, it works. Change it to 15 characters, and apps fail to install again. This seems very odd, as the watch seems to connect successfully to the network. On my firewall, the only traffic coming from the ionic was for dns request while using a longer wpa2 password, when using the 8 character password, then i see the 443 requests to fitbit IP addresses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BoyOfDestiny...

WOW!  I set up a Guest channel on my router with an 8 char. password and Voila!  It worked!  WOW!  So the Ionic has issues with passwords longer than 8 characters!  Either the watch or the phone App.  Either way, that took care of an issue I was having!  Great catch!!

Best Answer
0 Votes