Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic replacement - how long does it take ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So Fitbit asked me to return my faulty ionic device in exchange for a new replacement. Has anyone been though this process and if so, how long did it take to receive your replacement ionic ?

i returned my faulty device  on Monday and have not heard anything from Fitbit on receiving a new replacement ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

They send one out as soon as they get yours. Obviously factors to consider are method of your postage to them, maybe a day for processing their end and then postage back. So 3 to 5 working days each end plus 1 in the middle. From 1 week to 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks lostlogik. I posted my device on Monday and it reached destination ( confirmed by dhl) on Wednesday. So I am
really Fitbit contact me any day now to sort out the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haz11 wrote:
Thanks lostlogik. I posted my device on Monday and it reached destination ( confirmed by dhl) on Wednesday. So I am
really Fitbit contact me any day now to sort out the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone

If previous experience is anything to go by, and it's a simple warranty replacement, they won't contact you, they'll just ship on receipt. The first you'll know is a package on your doorstep (and maybe a "we've closed the ticket" email).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit asked me to return my Ionic as it was defective so they agreed to exchange it for a new replacement .

i posted my device last Monday and it arrived its destination last Wednesday ( confirmed by dhl).  However, almost a weeks later Fitbit have informed me they have not received the device at their warehouse .

i am getting a little worried that it's been almost 10 days since I sent the device and yet Fitbit have told me to wait " at least " 24 hours  to confirm they have received my device - in theory that could mean any amount of time, which is disappointing.

What can I do If another few days pass and they still haven received my device?

Considering I only had my ionic for 5 days there seems to be a  real lack of urgency to send my replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haz11

I am in the middle of trying to even get DHL to collect my Ionic from IE, I'm on day 3 waiting for a collection! Fitbit support seem to be clueless and only give generic/canned responses. Additionally the turn around time on responses is 24hrs for me in Ireland as they tend to email me in the late evening/night, then I respond, generally within an hour and they do not respond again until the next day in the evening/night again. I am already v tired of Fitbit and if you are having problems with them acknowledging receipt of your Ionic this really doesn't bode well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know I am not the only one experiencing the issues around the generic responses .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent mine back by tracked Royal Mail. When I saw from the tracking info they’d signed for it, I emailed and they replied yes they’d got it and please allow them 5 business days for receipt the replacement. That’s this Friday...

Best Answer
0 Votes
The 5 days means 5 business days ( excluding weekend ).

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haz11 wrote:
The 5 days means 5 business days ( excluding weekend ).

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, I’m aware. They received it last week .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returned mine after one day. Mailed the 10th. They said they’d have it by 10/24 and still want the 5 day’s processing after receipt. 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its has been over 5 business days since they received mine (verified by
DHL) however I am yet to receive confirmation from Fitbit that they have
received it and going to dispatch a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haz11 wrote:
Its has been over 5 business days since they received mine (verified by
DHL) however I am yet to receive confirmation from Fitbit that they have
received it and going to dispatch a replacement

Presumably you have a support ticket number. Why not email support and ask?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, from one of @Haz11's posts, "almost a week later Fitbit have informed me they have not received the device at their warehouse" (i.e. 1 week after DHL confirmed delivery)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fitbit support yesterday and got a very generic response
saying it normally takes a minimum of 5 working days for the warehouse to
confirm they have received the device. We are now on 6 working days and I
still haven't heard anything.

I will give it until tomorrow and then I will need to escalate this to
someone who will take this matter a little more seriously.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I’d ring customer support, quote my ticket number, show the proof of receipt and ask why it’s taking them so long. Be proactive

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, I thought they could only be contacted through email or twitter.
I am based in the UK and wasnt aware they have a phone number. Could you
please provide the number to me? That will make things alot easier.

Thanks

Haroon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haz11 wrote:
Oh, I thought they could only be contacted through email or twitter.
I am based in the UK and wasnt aware they have a phone number. Could you
please provide the number to me? That will make things alot easier.

Thanks

Haroon.

Tel 0800 069 8505

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the middle of the process. It takes usually 5 days to the faulty  devide get to their wharehouse. Once It is there, they ask 5 bussiness days to process it and contact you to send a replacement or refund. May I ask you what the problem was with yours?.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mstinglin.

The 5th business day would have been over today so I'm really hoping I hear
something by tomorrow!

I was having issues with the 'waking the screen'. The screen would only
wake-up if I turned my wrist with force (it wouldnt respond to gentle
movements).
The screen-tap feature was also very poor. I would tap the screen several
times and it wouldn't respond.
Best Answer
0 Votes