Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe screen and connectivity issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My luxe is having connectivity issues. When I go to my phone’s Bluetooth settings, I can watch it connect/disconnect every few seconds. Seriously, seconds. When I was picking a clock face, I continually got pop up notifications in the app that I was not connected, but I was eventually able to update the clock face. I’m mostly able to sync, but occasionally have syncs that take really long.

Also, have had minor stripes appearing through the screen since I first turned it on.

Anyone else having these issues? Hopefully something that will be fixed in a future update, or something that requires replacing the Fitbit?

Update: I should add that I’m not having any issues with screen responsiveness. Overall, really enjoying the luxe as a replacement for my Alta HR that died two weeks ago!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

UPDATE: Please note the FW update is now available to everyone. 

Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issues with your Fibit Luxe. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services.

As you've might seen, we’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Luxe will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available. 

However, if you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. Please keep an eye on this update as it's expected to solve the connectivity issues you have been reporting. 

We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

I’m not having any screen issues, but the connectivity is tenuous at best, just like you’re describing. 

Best Answer

It’s interesting to me that they had to push back the release date by a few weeks. Seems like they didn’t work out all the bugs before they shipped them out. Well, as not fun as it is, I’m glad that I’m not the only one with connectivity issues. I bet the reason you’re not able to change the clock face has to do with the Bluetooth connection - I didn’t think I would be able to at first. Mine has always shown the correct daily step total though.

Best Answer

I'm having issues syncing too. Fitbit is sending out alerts that it's a user-wide issue, mainly effecting Android users, but reading through the comments a number of iPhone users are experiencing the same thing. I have an iPhone, and I'm not sure if it's my luxe or the recent app bug, but either way it should be fixable on their end I hope.

The stripes on your screen are what I think are more concerning, and something you may want to contact Fitbit about. If they are black stripes: I had the same thing happen with my Charge 3, and it was strips of blown-out pixels. That can't be fixed, and the only thing to do is replace it. If you haven't restarted your Luxe yet, try that, and if the stripes are still there contact Customer Service.

Update: 

The screen is too small to show all the info on the clock face. If you scroll down from the clock face you'll be able to scroll through a list of all your stats, including your daily steps.

To change your clock face: 

Once in the fitbit app click your profile icon in the upper left corner. From there you should see a list, that includes your Luxe--click on Luxe. That will bring you to a page for options regarding your Luxe. You should see Clock Faces as one of three boxes right below the details of your Luxe.

Once you click Clock Faces it will show you the current face you have picked. At the top there is a toggle that says "My Device" and "All Clocks". Click All Clocks. From there you choose from the different clock faces shown.

Best Answer

Hi there, @karajoy @DeepSeaCats @Flosat @mellemelx. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the inconveniences with your Fitbit Luxe devices. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Regarding the syncing difficulties with Android devices, please note that we're aware of this issue and are currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

In addition to the steps you've tried, please try force quitting the app, open the app, and let the app sync. You should avoid going to the device details screen until the device/app finishes syncing. Note that some customers have said that doing this resolves the issue. 

About syncing difficulties with iOS devices, which Fitbit app version do you have installed? Please make sure you've updated it to version 3.43 or later. To do so, see How do I update the Fitbit app?

As for the screen glitching, please restart your the Fitbit Luxe as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

As regards to the font size, thanks for letting us know about this issue, we’re aware of it. However, please note that the text size will increase in a future update. We're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My luxe is brand new out of box today and right away I tried to change clock face through app and received the message it was having trouble connecting. Now it just shows the thinking stage when trying to download any face and the actual watch displays an error saying ‘clock error go to the Fitbit app and try another clock’ I’ve tried them all they just forever try to ‘download’

Update: I have the newest Fitbit app on my iPhone because I deleted and redos loaded. I have restarted the app and the watch and it still will not show any clock face 😢

Best Answer

Purchased luxe two days ago.  I had the connectivity issues as well.  I'd go into Bluetooth and watch the luxe connect and disconnect every few seconds.  I did some troubleshooting, "forgot the device" in bluetooth and had to relink it - that didn't work.  I had the most up to date fitbit app but my Iphone OS was not up to date.  There was a new update I hadn't applied.  I updated that and my connectivity issues went away --- FOR ONLY TWO DAYS.  Today, it is giving me the same bluetooth connectivity issues.     

Best Answer

Thinking of returning for full refund due to this. Utterly exhausted with it. Customer service silent on the matter. Thinking of completely changing brand to Garmin or Apple. I expect it to connect and work. I don’t expect to have to continually reconnect to Bluetooth. I might as well get snail mail rather than have a device that won’t message me in real time. It’s not good enough. Never had a problem with previous Fitbits.   When will this ever be fixed???

Best Answer

When should we expect the issues with connectivity to be resolved?

I was very excited to buy the Luxe, but am so disappointed in it.

Best Answer

I’m having this issue too. Hoping fitbit speedily release a software update to fix it. 

Best Answer
Thanks I hope so too. Very frustrating.
Best Answer

Update:  I returned the LUXE and am using my Charge 3 until the Charge 5 comes out.

I am also.   I've been a FB user for about 10 years (Charge, Charge 2 and Charge 3).  I was attracted by the sleek design of the Luxe and was thrilled when my husband pre-ordered it for my birthday. I've had it for 3 days and am ready to return it. The connection constantly drops,  the time keeps going off by several hours (until I force a sync).  The Gorjana band is pretty but there is a gap at the connection point and it's a pain to open/close everytime you want to take it off.   Add to that the loss of the altimeter...  I'm done.  Very disappointed and will be returning this for the Charge 4 instead.   ☹

Best Answer

I’m so disappointed at fitbit’s handling of this. Been at least a week now and no update. 

Best Answer

I tried deleting my Fitbit app from my phone to see if resetting up the app would fix the connectivity issues.  Now I can't get my Fitbit app back on my iPhone.  I tried doing a reset of the LUXE and a shut down on my iPhone before going to the final step of just deleting the app from my phone.  DON'T delete the app as a fix.  I will need customer service to help me now with getting my app  back on my phone.

Best Answer

I figured out how to get the app back on my phone.  I am continuing to use my Alta until this LUXE thing gets fixed. The connectivity issue means I can't even completely set up my LUXE to use it.  It keeps telling me it has an update, but then the connectivity issue makes it not find the LUXE to update it.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues and I have an iPhone. I have spoken to the helpdesk twice and each time they have advised me to go through the whole process of coming out of the app, turning off Bluetooth and re-enabling everything. It does eventually work but obviously I don’t want to keep doing that every time I need to sync.

Best Answer

After the first night, I have been having fewer connectivity issues. Seems to sync regularly without me having to do it manually. 
I have worn it today and overnight without many issues. A few connections last evening that were weird, but it is working out pretty well. Maybe the update the first night finally went through and worked out the connectivity issues?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have also found the issue seems to be resolved.
Let’s hope so.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn’t working. It only syncs if I plug it into the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that, I struggled for a few days. Last time I pressed the button on the charger a lot in frustration. So far the problem seems fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes