Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe battery drains quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone experiences LUXE battery draining fast? I got mine two weeks ago or so, and didn’t notice anything for the first few days. Then I started noticing it might be draining faster than what it claims to be. I have updated everything. 

Now I can confirm that mine didn’t even last 12hrs after fully charging today. 

I contacted support team and he told me Fitbit is currently trying to work on the battery issue of LUXE as it is a general issue reported. 

So I should just wait and come on Fitbit website everyday hoping I’d see an announcement on the matter? 

Also, is there a possibility that my device itself is defective, maybe? 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I just felt completely blamed by customer support as this is my SECOND luxe in less than 12 mths and she kept asking me if i USE the features of the watch... so now my watch lasts less than 24 hrs and its MY fault... I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said I will get a call back in the next days (?) I dont know what that means.... As someone who has had fitbits for years, they definitely aren't built like they used to be

Best Answer

Yeah customer service didn’t even care when I messaged them. They basically stated that they list the battery life as lasting UP to 5 days. So even if it only lasts a day it’s within their range where they can’t do anything because of the wording. I also bought a first gen versus on massive sale at Walmart before and it didnt work for me. The heart rate was constantly spiking and the battery drained quick. Apparently it was out of warranty date (I’m not sure if someone returned it to the store but it did seem as though it had been opened previously). I wasn’t able to return it to Walmart due to the pandemic and Fitbit only offered me a 20% discount that I had to use up in 24 hours as compensation for paying $80! Not trying to put this in the wrong section, but to make note of how bad support has been with this company and the continued battery issues across devices. If you have the means to return it and get your money back definitely go that route!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's is draining 20% per day, what's "normal".  No GPS, pretty much uses it for sleep tracking.  I have a Charge 5 that lasts 12 days, same use.  Her's is also terrible at sleep tracking, always start at 7pm when she starts watching TV.  Easy to edit, but Charge 5 seems very accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So mine had been a bit better lately until the firmware update this past Tuesday or Wednesday, July 26 or 27th, 2022. Now it is draining even faster I’m getting about 24-36 hours. And I’m having a sync issue every time I try to sync. I was really hoping that the firmware update would fix everything but it seems to have made it worse. I have had to disconnect and reconnect twice and then I wiped the whole thing tonight and reconnected it to my phone to see if it will maintain a sync. It’s so frustrating. Overall the Luxe there’s a dud. This is also my second device. 

Best Answer

I got the Luxe two days ago and I’m blown away by the battery life. I have it on my wrist day and night and after exactly 48 hours I still have 77% which is insanely good. Could it be that new models have solved this issue or is it the latest firmware? Because at this rate I will get more than 10 days of battery life and I’m beyond happy with the Luxe.

I found this thread because I was searching if other people got a lot better battery life too,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine drains in aboutv30 hrs very disappointed. Had an inspire hr that had at least a week before battery draining

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Luxe is experiencing battery issues, let’s try some of the following steps: 

1. Confirm your Luxe has the latest firmware version. For more information please visit How do I update my Fitbit device? and What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?
  2. Check to see if you’re using high battery use features. For more information please visit Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  3. Let’s try a 3 press restart with your charging cable. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Could you pass along that number please.

I bought my luxe three weeks ago and I didn’t have to charge it for five days after initial use but now it last maybe two days if I’m lucky I’m so annoyed

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kricket123. I´m sorry to hear your Fitbit Luxe battery lasts only two days. 

Please confirm that you have reviewed articles I shared on my previous post. How long has your Luxe battery been lasting only two days?

I´ll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. My Luxe used to hold a charge for 5 days easy. But since the update it dies in about 2 days and turns off randomly. When I connect it to the charger there is usually about 10% left but it hasn’t tracked sleep or anything else for hours. I haven’t changed any settings or done anything differently for this to happen. I believe it is due to the update. 

Best Answer

I feel so

Best Answer

I have one that’s over a year old, acting up and draining battery within hours. I think it’s the last software update 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @JPP83@paulgolf and welcome @MkaziAJ. I'm sorry to hear that your Luxe battery is draining quickly.

Please confirm that you have followed the steps of my previous post.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and thank you for responding. I have followed the previous steps and no help so far. If you notice the thread,many people are reporting that the battery problem started with the last update. I’m not sure how it would help to update it again or if that is even possible unless a new one has been released. 
Most people report that they have not changed settings since the update and have even changed them to save battery life. I myself have removed GPS and automatic wake to manual. I really hate not having these functions and may be forced to buy another tracker. I will try another brand though because this is my second Fitbit in less than three years. I think they should be designed to have a much longer life than 1-1.5 years. 

Best Answer

Update to this. I got a low battery email during the night, no sleep was tracked. I just put it on the charger and it shows 30% battery life. I very rarely had it shut down before the update and usually charged below 20% (when it showed red battery life) 

thanks

Best Answer
Ditto my time and date is off and can't correct it. The luxe looks nice but
is inferior to the inspire hr I had that only needed charging every week or
two
Best Answer
My inspire is 5yrs old and still works. I should have bought another as
looks aren't everything and the luxe is the worst!
Best Answer

Hi Andrea, 

I’ve followed all the steps in your article above and my battery is still dying in less than 24 hours. 
Please can you advise? 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @JPP83@Oma1 and  welcome @shivLad. I'm sorry to hear your Luxe battery keeps draining quickly.

I understand how frustrating this could be and could you please let me know how do your Luxe battery last @JPP83@Oma1.

@shivLad, I noticed that you already got in touch with our support team and are receiving assistance.

See you around. 

Best Answer

Thank you, it only lasts for 24 to 48 hours. Prior to the update it would last for 5-7 days. Also, it may show around 30% before I go to bed, turn off during the night, and then when I connect it to charger it shows 20%, if I restart it on the charger it will go from 20% to 100% immediately. Very frustrating 

Best Answer