Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same data for consecutive days

On my Versa 2 the app has recently started shown the same data for consecutive days. Shows 7034 steps today, 7034 steps yesterday &  7035 steps Monday. The previous days are correct. If I close & restart app it sorts out, but after an hour or so problem back again.

On line chat support say restart app (which I’d told home I already had), resrtatt phone, turn off Bluetooth & repair, delete app & reinstall then setup again. Done all that but doesn’t fix.

Anyone else having the problem? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

@sasw1963 , Thank you for your reply and confirmation. 

Please charge the Luxe for at least for 30 minutes. Then try the following 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s showing same number steps for each day. I’ve logged off the app, waited and logged back on. I’ve restarted phone. Any guidance? Tx!

Best Answer

First look at fitbit.com dashboard which usually more accurately reflects the database, hopefully to find out if it is that way in the database, or a display problem in the phone app.  Then write down the number displayed in the app so you remember it, and compare that to the number of steps you get tomorrow and if they are the same, see if it changes to tomorrow's number.

Also look at the weekly and monthly step display numbers  to see if they are all the same or are accurate, all just to gather more information.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me and my wife. The app is displaying todays same Step Count when I am in the app and on the main today page and then flip to yesterday or even further days back. I know it is only the display because if I go to the Steps section and click it and then switch from Daily to Weekly view it shows all of the correct and different daily steps. 

This has been happening for at least a couple weeks, perhaps even 3 weeks now, just not sure when it started. I have the Charge 5 version 20001.194.91

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds reasonable—thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

That certainly doesn't mean this is the way things should be, but at least the data isn't bad in the database.  If they ever fix the display problem, then the data should still be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I sync my (original first) versa the number a steps and floors, are all the same everyday. I know this is not correct. The software is up to date. I have an iPhone  how do I fix this please anyone. Many thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Step count is same for last few days on Home Screen, despite sync? Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jayney71 - it would seem the Fitbit App has stopped working.

You can verify this by using the web dashboard which should show your information.

Logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it before restarting the watch and phone.

Login again and sync.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My steps say the exact for every day last week and the sleep scale is horrible
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I’ve got something really weird going on….when I’m scrolling through the past days the step counter shows the exact number of steps as the last day (today)

Somebody got any idea what’s going on and how I solve this?

any help is welcome!

tanx!

Dico Bruin

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense is showing the same number of steps for every day of the week. It shows today’s count for everyday. Please advise 

Best Answer

My Fitbit verse 2 is registering the same amount of steps for the last week also the calories burned. And registering way too many floors a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ilovecayce1 - if this is displaying on the watch try restarting the watch by holding the watch button for 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and wait for the logo to appear and for it to start.

Also it can be a clock face fault, to check, swipe up the watch face to get to the Today app and see if there are normal results there.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I have done 11,855 steps a lot more than in previous days, I have scrolled through my days within my app though and it appears to have wiped all the actual steps for that day and put in exactly the same number of steps as todays! 
I have a Fitbit Luxe which isn’t very old.
I've unlinked all devices from my app. I even unlinked my Luxe and reconnected it. 
I’ve tried putting it on charge and tapping the button 3 x until the Fitbit symbol appears and nothing seems to correct the incorrect information. Can anyone help? 

Best Answer

@Lsierra , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank  you for your message. 

Do you have any other Fitbit or Pixel devices paired to your Fitbit account?
If not  you might have MobileTrack on.

This feature uses the phone's sensors to count steps. This is for when you have left your Fitbit at home (e.g. while charging). Please make sure MobileTrack is not activated.
It may happen that the steps recorded with the cell phone overwrite those of the Sense  .

In the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon (top left corner).
There you will see the devices linked to your account.
If you see the Mobile Device Active option, tap it and remove it from the account.

If you are still having difficulties with the sync, please have a look at this: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue!,!
I also deleted the app and unlinked my Fitbit, also a Luxe! I show exact same number of steps every day at 16,017. Going back a week. I did not have this issue yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes