Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same data for consecutive days

On my Versa 2 the app has recently started shown the same data for consecutive days. Shows 7034 steps today, 7034 steps yesterday &  7035 steps Monday. The previous days are correct. If I close & restart app it sorts out, but after an hour or so problem back again.

On line chat support say restart app (which I’d told home I already had), resrtatt phone, turn off Bluetooth & repair, delete app & reinstall then setup again. Done all that but doesn’t fix.

Anyone else having the problem? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60
I’m not sure if it’s the Fitbit that’s the issue or the app, as having logged onto my dashboard through a browser, it is showing correctly so at least I have somewhere to view my actuals, just a pain!

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is happening to Fitbit?

First Fitbit changed their graphs and they became useless.  Has Fitbit addressed the concerns of their customers?  No graphs are still useless.

Today I noticed my daily steps all changed to the same number 8,988.  
So now daily steps are useless. Will they address? 

Why doesn’t Goggle care about their customers?

I am scheduled to purchase a new watch soon and if they do not fix these issues soon. It will NOT be Fitbit or Goggle watch. 
Disappointed 

Not sure why 

Best Answer

My steps are showing the same for weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Maxine314 - if you are looking in the Fitbit app the watch may not be syncing or not connected to your account.

In the Fitbit App, device/account (Connected to) page check you Versa 2 is the only device connected to your account.

See also Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maxine314 - you can also check in case it is a Fitbit App fault by using the online dashboard  which may show the information correctly if the watch is actually syncing.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Graphy,l am getting the same problem.Days of same number of steps only alter when l exceed the repeated number…..not happy.

Best Answer

Hello @Graphy & @GrahameGregory 

One of my fellow PE's has escalated this issue to the Fitbit team. We're hoping that this issue will be resolved quickly.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Hi!   
   Today my Fitbit inspire did the same thing! 
I also uninstalled and reinstalled.  Phone off wait, then on.    At first it looked like it was good…. Then I walked to my room and it all went back to each day same number. 
    I do not know how to look back on my Fitbit unit to past days to see if only on phone app or Fitbit too.  Guess I will know tomorrow morning 😳.    I manually added steps a few days ago and I think that triggered it.   It added 4 miles to each day too!   Ughh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, this is happening for me also we should report to the app developers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, this is happening for me also we should report to the app developers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated the app and it corrected the issue 

Best Answer

The issue appears to be fixed for me too. I was glad to know it wasn't just us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit Versa4 app is showing exactly the same statistics for the past 5 days - exactly the same steps!  There is no way I have done exactly the same number of steps for 5 days running, and when I do more steps today, it increases the steps for the past 5 days.  The dashboard on line is correct, but the app is playing up?

What is the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Judes64 It's just a glitch in the app. Are you on the most updated version of the app? It might need an update, but it's definitely just a glitch and it is being investigated currently. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. 

I've merged all the threads with the same problem, to keep the Community in order and so that you all get the updates at the same time. 
For those helping here, a big thank you. I really appreciate your comments and help . 

Our team has been informed and are investigating this.  They'll need some information from you. 
If you are still having the issue with the same step count continuously, please let us know the mobile device model and the operating system version.  (eg. Pixel 7 Android 13, iPhone 12, iOS 13.7.2, etc)
This will help our team with their investigation and work on a solution. 

I appreciate your collaboration. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Steps have shown the same all week.  If I turn phone and watch off and re sink changes for a short protein of time but then goes back to continues numbers. The more steps I do the days all change to match the highest number of steps I’ve done.  
i have Fitbit 3 and I phone.  It’s it the app - watch do I need to change??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maureen302 , Thank you for your report. 

As mentioned in my previous post. Our team has been informed and are investigating this.  They'll need some information from you. 
If you are still having the issue with the same step count continuously, please let us know the mobile device model and the operating system version.  (eg. Pixel 7 Android 13, iPhone 12, iOS 13.7.2, etc)
This will help our team with their investigation and work on a solution. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally had my new Charge 6 only a few days and it’s saying I have 3610 steps every single day. Fitbit is awful since Google took it over. I hate the new app, can’t do competitions with friends, and there are always problems. I wanted so badly to switch to something new when my Charge 5 died, but I just couldn’t find anything. Now this!! I don’t have time to sit on the phone with customer service. If it doesn’t fix itself, I’m sending it back. I’ll get an Apple Watch, even though I don’t really want one, but I’m on a weight loss program and I need a RELIABLE tracker. Fitbit isn’t what it used to be. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 
Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app is showing same steps everyday.  Each day is being replaced with current days steps. My iPhone 12 Pro is updated to IOS 17.5 and Fitbit app is updated. I have an Inspire 3. Computer showing correct steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes