Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 -- Lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day -- 2015!

Hi!  I just saw a thread from 2014 where a group of mom's and non-mom's set a goal to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day.  Anyone want to start one for 2015 with me?  I have about 35 pounds to lose total, but 20 by May sounds like a good goal to me. 

I am going to try to get my 10,0000 steps in and I am joining a gym this weekend to add strength training and cardio. 

Best Answer
469 REPLIES 469
Hello I'm new to the Fitbit community, but would very much like to join this challenge. I'm not sure how will someone help me pls. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did everyone do? I had over 7000 steps, but still finding it tough to get another 3000 steps to my daily routine? It's the weekend so I am going to test my weekend routine as I do my errands etc to see if I get a better result. Last night, I had a big bowl of rice and curry instead of salad and the scale only budged 0.4 pounds. Oh well..trying to stay positive. New day, will keep trying.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sat morning plan for Day 2? For me..
Drink 2 cups of water before breakfast..then have one egg and one toasted Eng muffin around 9:30 am.
Today I am anxious to see how many steps I do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was part of the 2014 challenge and have not been so well in my weight loss journey  Hopefully this will kick start my process again.  I have a very sedentary job and end up working too many hrs and juse need to move before or after work.  Hopefully I can stay motivated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Completely understand..losing weight is tough. Let's not give up. I read that diet is 80 percent of the success ratio, vrs. exercise. Today, let's try again. Water..watching portions etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You got this! I second the 80% diet and 20% activity. You can work out all you want and not lose weight if your diet is poor. Happy counting everyone!

Today is my weigh in I lost 3 lbs. On to next week 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 pounds down? Awesome Noir! 

Today I had my 2 cups of water, my breakfast was pretty healthy, just off to squeeze in a walk.

Like I said.. SMALL, daily goals. Let's keep trying..

@Noir wrote:

You got this! I second the 80% diet and 20% activity. You can work out all you want and not lose weight if your diet is poor. Happy counting everyone!

Today is my weigh in I lost 3 lbs. On to next week 🙂

Best Answer

Hi all, it would be helpful to have some friends for some friendly inspiration. Anyone care for a new friend? If so, please friend me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure...I just posted. My first day in the books back at it. Did 1.8 mile walk total steps yesterday 9178 (little shy) started juicing. Its just a small step I hope I stick with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just new to fitbit and would like yo join the 20lbs by Mothers Day. I have 42 total lbs. to lose.

My goal is to walk and use my pilates machine.

Best Answer
I love my reformer! Very smart
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
We just try to encourage each other to exercise, eat healthy etc. Some ideas: walk on the spot while watching your show, or, get up 40 mins earlier and go for a walk, or walk at lunch or after dinner. A friend of mine works in an office building and does the stairs all the way and down with a co- worker. I find that seeing the number of steps you take helps to keep you accountable. I am on the treadmill now, typing on the iPad, but I find that watching a show helps you finish at least 30 minutes of cardio without getting bored . We all just try to increase our steps every day.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fantastic. I am already motivated to keep going!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey everyone. .just saw a link at www.walkingsite.com It gives a 2 week plan to gradually increase steps. Just finished 45 mins plus weights and situps . I did not hit 10 000 steps. I now realize it may take abit of adjusting to get to this "active" lifestyle # of 10 000 steps. Let's feel positive that we all added exercise to our daily routine. Now.. 7pm and a goal to have water and nothing else before bed.
Best Answer

I am interested.  I am new to the fitbit community so forgive me if I am not going about this correctly.  I am interested in losing 20 lbs by Mothers day.  I have quite a bit to lose beyond that but I would love a starting place.  How do we go about this thing?

Amy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think we just all try to increase our steps depending on your personal goals. Everyone has different methods. My goal is to try 8 cups of water, to lose 1.25 pounds lost/ week for 16 wks. Some altered diets ..some increased exercise. I am trying to eventually hit 10000 steps, and to stop eating after 7 pm. For me, I found eating my starches at just 1 meal instead of all 3 helped. Protein and veg for the other 2 meals , 2 fruits and then a 100 calorie snack of my choice. Writing in a journal or using fitbit helps to visualize exactly how much you eat. Sometimes I have a 3pm snack attack and a protein shake or a cup of tea with a 100 calorie snk helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting back to me. Today I hit about 4500 steps, a far cry
from my 10000 daily goal. I usually hit around 5000 to 7000 daily
depending on my work load. I need to come up with a way to add 3000 steps
roughly a day. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thank you again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to weigh in

SW 189.1

CW 186.1

GW 169 for the challenge

Best Answer
Thanks for the information.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Day 3 for me
Start 169.6
Today..167.8
Goal..149 approx.
Yes..I was starting at 7000 approx steps per day. (That includes a 30 min walk) . So I read a few links and they recommend a gradual increase of 77 mins. Yesterday I finally hit 10 000 steps by walking for 45 mins. and then walked on the spot at night . I think 77 mins of cardio is a big number so my challenge is to try to break it up. 2x 30 mins of activity and then 12 min of situps, and weights . Little things that help: parking further away (grocery stores or work), taking the stairs instead of elevator, and walking during a coffee break or at my lunch hour. 77 mins is too tough all at once, but dividing it up into shorter walks seems to help. I am only on Day 3. Day 1-2 were experiments and so now my challenge is a short daily goal..try to eat the right portions and walk.
Let's keep trying!!
Best Answer