Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 -- Lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day -- 2015!

Hi!  I just saw a thread from 2014 where a group of mom's and non-mom's set a goal to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day.  Anyone want to start one for 2015 with me?  I have about 35 pounds to lose total, but 20 by May sounds like a good goal to me. 

I am going to try to get my 10,0000 steps in and I am joining a gym this weekend to add strength training and cardio. 

Best Answer
469 REPLIES 469

Great!  Thanks for starting a new challenge!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there.. okay found the new 2015 post.

Great job in joining a gym.

I am typically walking 30-38 mins in the morning, but I am hoping to add another 20 mins at night.

I think that this additional session might help me reach my 10,000 steps. Abit of trial and error and we shall see.

GOAL for this week:

- logging in all my food intake to stay under 1500 calories

- eating carbs in the morning and then vegetables, proteins at night

- starting each day by drinking 2 cups of water before breakfast( adding mio or crystal light)

- will try to drink another 2 cups of water before my typical 3 pm snack

- will try to have JUST one 100 calorie snack of my choice and limit to ONE.

Good luck to all of us!! 

Best Answer

Hi,

I am interested in the challenge myself.  I got a fitbit last mothers day and lost 10 lbs (I need to lose 40-45)in July I tore my ACL at work and ended up having surgery in August, I put 6 of those lbs back on after the Holidays (of course).  Good news is I am back up and ready to go, recalibrated my fitbit this morning and have never been involved in a group post or anything of the sort so I figured why not, it can't hurt right? 

Today I am getting ready to walk out the door to the gym, where i will work on strengthening my quad which is much needed and working on hip strength and balance and some time on the treadmill.

I wish us all luck and pray I stick with it.  Have a great day!

CJ from LV Smiley Wink 

Best Answer

That sounds like a great goal - can I join too?  I've been walking/running to get my 10,000 steps in every day since I got my Flex this year - so far, so good. 

Hoping the scale agrees...

Best Answer

More the merrier 🙂

Anyone in the NW part of Las Vegas???  I would love for someone to take evening walks with?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Very HappyI would like to participate in the Mother's Day lose 20 lbs challenge. I am looking to meet new buddies who can work with me on my journey. My worst time is in the evening and especially on Friday evenings. I have identified a few problems now I need a plan to overcome them.

Best Answer

Swim nurse..

These discussions are very helpful. Yes, I , too tend to love my snacks at night. However, I have noticed that I am only hungry when I am watching a show. When I break up my television routine, I snack less. Tonight, I think I will try to make a big batch of tea & breaking up my routine.   I am taking this DAY by DAY and hoping it all works.

Best Answer

I am in! I was in the really old thread, now I will subscribe to this one 🙂 20 lbs would be a game changer for me. 16 weeks until MD!

Best Answer

I would love to participate....my goal is to start walking during my lunch hours.

Best Answer
Canada, I think you're on the right track. I want to join your challenge! I've just recently lost 20 pounds simply by increasing my activity and watching what I eat so you can do it! I have another 20 to lose to reach my goal, so your challenge comes at a perfect time! Do I need to join a group to participate? Good luck to all!
Best Answer

Hi Cmoore..

I am new to this fitbit forum. ( just rec'd one in 2015) I saw the discussion started by someone else so I just started my REPLIES here.

Then, fit bit sends me an email about all or any replies.

So far this program helps me to see that I have been eating A LOT of calories. Diet will be my biggest challenge .

Best Answer

I just got my Fitbit this month. I am a Newbie!   I would love to join this challenge!  I would like to lose 25 pounds by MD!

Great challenge.  I am trying to walk every night for an hour and during some lunch hours.  I am also keeping tracking of my food intake.

I am not sure if I have to subscribe to something to join.

Best Answer
Just get started. I'm making a decision to have a great Friday night.
This is one of the biggest challenges for me. I do well all week and blow
it on Friday night
Best Answer

ha ha.. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe folding laundry , sewing extra buttons etc while watching the television will keep our hands too busy for the snack bowl. 🙂

Sometimes I also walk on the spot while watching my favourite show. Sounds silly, but it does burn a few extra calories and you still get to watch your show!

Tonight may be a good night to marinate some meat, and put it in the freezer ready to take out for the next work week?

Best Answer

I'm in on the challenge.  I've been having a horrible time losing weight.  I've increased my work outs and tread time, I'm tracking everything I eat to see if I can try to pinpoint where my "wall" is so I can overcome it.  Working towards the same goal with y'all will be great so we can keep each other focused and motivated.

Best Answer
I know the feeling . I was losing pretty good before the holidays. I
regained 14 lbs between September and now. I want to do better. My sleep is
one of the problems I have identified with the FitBit. I am not getting
enough sleep. I have had some stress at work and just not dealing with it.
[?] I am better now but got to get back on my weight program
Best Answer

Count me in

Best Answer
Count me in
Best Answer

Found the new post. Do I have to do anything other than reply here to join?

Best Answer