Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 POUND WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Hi everyone.  Starting this thread because a 30 pound weight loss is my goal but feel free to join in if you have the same goal.  I'm not putting a time limit on this goal.  I will weigh-in weekly on Friday.  I will discuss my successes and failures.  My plan to achieve this weight loss it to count calories, limit alcohol (I'm not a big drinker but know wine is loaded with calories) and exercise. I'm a runner but live in the Northeast USA so getting outdoors at this time of year can be difficult. I do have a treadmill and Total Gym and my plan is to use them on days when I cannot get outside. 

CW = 155 (current weight)
STG = 150 (short term goal)
LTG = 125 (long term goal)

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Congrats!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi team - how are you all doing?  I don’t come in everyday but I do think about this thread and our goals everyday.  Have a wonderful weekend.

SW: 223.9

CW: 207.4

STG: 208 - Whoop whoop!!!

LTG:  193

IDW:  180-185

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have glad that I found this community. I have a long term weight loss goal of 45 pounds, But the 30 lbs is a great start.  On reviewing this community blog, it is just the motivation that I need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting  184

Short Term  170

Long Term 140

Best Answer
0 Votes

Down 2 pounds  Smiley Very Happy

Starting weight = 420 lbs. (at the end of December 2016)

Current (03/20/18) weight = 284 lbs.

Short Term Goal Weight: 275

Long Term Goal Weight: 250 lbs.

Total Loss to Date: 136 lbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you!! That’s awesome!
Best Answer

Hi.  I would also like to join as I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds as well.  I weighed 162 this time last year then got the birth control implant (Nexplanon) and have gained almost 20 pounds.  Not positive if the weight gain is mostly from the implant or not.  I just turned 30 a few months ago so metabolism could be starting to slow as well, and I've never been huge on cardio so working on incorporating that with my 2-3 days of low weight/high rep strength training class. Any tips anyone has would be great!  I will also do weekly weigh-ins.

CW = 180

STG = 170

LTG = 145

Female, 30 yrs old, 5'6"

Best Answer
0 Votes