Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks of hard work and NO weight loss. ready to give up

Im just about ready to give up. Im in my 6th week of working out 6x/wk. 60 mins cardio weights 2x week. Eating at a 500-700 cal deficit. THe quality of the food isnt perfect, but by no means am i scarfing down fried food and sweets. no eating after 8pm, drinking 90 oz of water/day. I feel firmer, clothes fit a little better, but NO weight loss. Im just so discouraged. the first week i lost 2 lbs(water im sure), then it came right back the next week and has not budged since. How the heck am i supposed to lose weight? seriously. NO results. Just so upsetting. I know how hard i am working.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
I did cut down on my intake too. I ate probably 1300-1500 calories a day.
Smaller meals about 3 hrs apart.
The Aria did really encourage me to stick with it.
I can say after the initial 4 pounds of weight loss I stayed at the same weight for 6 weeks. During that time the fat % came down. Normally I would have given up but I knew it had to eventually start coming off.
I'm a firm believer in Fitbit though. I can't go to bed unless I have my 20,000 steps. And I can't hardly stand it if I can't walk first thing in the morning.
Good luck and hang in there!!

Sheree Hicks - Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 25, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Fitbit Community wrote:
>
> To reply to this forum post, click here. Do not reply directly to this email.
> Hi shicks23,
>
> rissadoodlebop (First Steps) posted a new comment in 6 weeks of hard work and NO weight loss. ready to give upon 02-25-2016 10:43:
>
> Re: 6 weeks of hard work and NO weight loss. ready to give up
>
> How did you do it? That is almost exactly my goal and you said you walked 20k steps but what else did you do to help achieve that? Also, I have been wondering if I should purchase the Aria. My goal right now is weight loss in 6months. But you've acheived my goal in 3 months!
>
> Reply | Vote for this Post
>
>
> Fitbit Community sent this message to shicks223@me.com.
> You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.
>
> To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settingsor unsubscribe.

Best Answer

@rissadoodlebop wrote:

Also, I have been wondering if I should purchase the Aria

I regret I only bought the Aria three months after my Fitbit (that was in 2013). I missed what probably was the most spectacular loss in bodyfat I’ve experienced 😉

Body fat as measured by a BIA scale has its (known) limitations, but I’ve found the Aria very convenient, if only because it automatically updates your weight & body fat % to your Fitbit account, so you have the full history.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I find it difficult to get in my steps, unlike you I can barely hit the 10k mark. I have a sedentary job for 8/9 hrs a week Mon-Fri. I walk to and from work and walk an additional 2 miles after work and come close but can never hit my goal. Are steps really pivotal to my weight loss goal in the long run? Am I stressing for nothing? I too also have a similar calorie diet. My goal is 1484/day according to my plan but I usually end up always less than that. It's surprisingly hard to get all those calories in! (In a healthier way, anways). 

And I'm getting more and more convinced that I should invest in an Aria! As your situation seems similar to mine, I can see that I've begun to flatline as far as my normal scale relfecting weight loss. But I don't have the one where I can see body fat. That would probably be really helpful and encouraging. 🙂 

Best Answer

@islandgirlkaren wrote:

Im just about ready to give up. Im in my 6th week of working out 6x/wk. 60 mins cardio weights 2x week. Eating at a 500-700 cal deficit. THe quality of the food isnt perfect, but by no means am i scarfing down fried food and sweets. no eating after 8pm, drinking 90 oz of water/day. I feel firmer, clothes fit a little better, but NO weight loss. Im just so discouraged. the first week i lost 2 lbs(water im sure), then it came right back the next week and has not budged since. How the heck am i supposed to lose weight? seriously. NO results. Just so upsetting. I know how hard i am working.

If you're not doing hill climbing on a treadmill start and do it for one hour.

Step 1.   Set incline to 15 and  speed  at 4.7mph for the first 15 minutes.

Step 2.  After 15 minutes lower incline to zero, increase speed to 7- 7.2 mph and hold on to the rails while walking very fast sideways. Switch sides to work left and right side of full body.  Do that for 5 minutes.

Step 3.  Repeat step 1 until you reach the 30 minutes mark.   At 30 minutes mark lower incline to 1 mph and set speed to 4.5 mph to walk without holding rails.  Do that for 5 minutes to give your heart some rest.

Step 4. Repeat step 1 until you get to the 45 minutes mark.

Step 5. Repeat step 2 until you reach the 50 minutes mark.

Step 6.  For the last 10 minutes lower incline to zero and  set speed  to where you feel comfortable running fast as you can in  one minute increments.  Keep repeating this last step until you reach the cool down mode (  by the time you reach step 6 you should look like you've just step out of the shower)

If  all this is too difficult at first make some adjustments.   Set a goal to be able to do hill climbling  with an incline set to 15  going 5 mph, but not for the entire 1 hour.  By the time you're able to reach this milestone  you would have lost a significant amount of weight and gained alot of  energy.    

*I do hill climbling every morning during the weekday.   I start with incline set to 15 and speed set to 4.7- 5.   During my last 10 minutes I lower the incline to zero and set speed to 10 mph.  

Best Answer

@rissadoodlebop wrote:

I find it difficult to get in my steps, unlike you I can barely hit the 10k mark. I have a sedentary job for 8/9 hrs a week Mon-Fri. I walk to and from work and walk an additional 2 miles after work and come close but can never hit my goal. Are steps really pivotal to my weight loss goal in the long run? Am I stressing for nothing? I too also have a similar calorie diet. My goal is 1484/day according to my plan but I usually end up always less than that. It's surprisingly hard to get all those calories in! (In a healthier way, anways). 

And I'm getting more and more convinced that I should invest in an Aria! As your situation seems similar to mine, I can see that I've begun to flatline as far as my normal scale relfecting weight loss. But I don't have the one where I can see body fat. That would probably be really helpful and encouraging. 🙂 

making or not making step goals is not the end of the world.   Diet is way more important.  My sister is losing consisitant weight and averaging 6K a day.  I used to struggle with hitting my 10K working in the office also.  I have found ways to introduce extra steps into my day.  I walk during the 3 minutes that my food is heating up in the cafeteria.  I eat lunch in 10 minutes and walk the other 20.  IF the weather is bad. I wander the hallways.  If you get 2K steps a day, just doing normal activites, you would need to find time to get in theother 8K.  walking at 20 minute miles would be 80 minutes or just over 5% of your day. 

SW 327 May 17, 2015
CW 272.2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious.  Your picture looks as though you are a healthy weight and in shape. Is it possible that your body has shifted from weight loss to building muscle mass because you really don't need to lose fat?  I am wondering what your BMI is.  What amount of weight do you still feel that you need to lose?  Maybe you are at your healthy weight now, and really should only be concerned with maintaining?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm trying to maintain at 127-128lbs.
My BMI is 21.9-22

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't Give Up!!

1. "I feel firmer, clothes fit a little better" - proof something is working!
  2. A fitter or healthier body DOES NOT always equal weight loss.
  3. Not saying you don't, but make sure you count calories correctly... 1 serving of something might be a heck of a lot smaller than you think. (took me awhile to realize what i thought was a serving, turned out to be 2 or 3 servings.)
  4. Weight can change drastically over a day... personally i weigh my self daily at the same time each morning before i eat or drink anything... 
  5. Stress! getting stressed that THINKING your plan is not working, can make you THINK your failing at your plan, which .... turns into a vicious cycle and ruins your plan!
  6. DO NOT GIVE UP!

there are tons of reasons why bodies go up and down in weight over time.

DON"T GIVE UP! Your doing awesome!!

Step On!
Best Answer

Im going to use this advice for myself too, as a vegan i eat plenty of good carbs but im def going to give my body time to recover bc im WO 7 days a week. i do see inches off though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

omg im interested in buying this now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bet your Aria scale stopped working a few months after you posted. ;0) everybody’s

Aria scale was useless since 2017. 

Best Answer

Just ran across your post from years ago. I’m going through this now. Did anything help you? Less cardio? I do cardio everyday. Maybe I’m doing to much?

Best Answer

I'm around 6 weeks of working out and eating better as well.  My weight has gone down but jumped up, though slightly discouraging, I know that I am in better shape/health based on how well I am able to do the activities I have been training for which is Hiking.   Keep it up!  For me I have a long term goal and have learned 6-weeks isn't long enough!  Gotta keep with it, change your lifestyle from weight loss to staying active, forget the number on the scale, maybe change your goal from weight to activity ability?  Run a mile in 8 minutes everyday for a month (that's my new goal).  Hike uphill with a 30 pound pack for 2 miles under 50 minutes?   Part of all this is learning what you're doing, how you're doing it and how well you adjust to achieve your goals.  What has helped me is having a smart scale, which provides not only weight but where in your body you're holding the weight.

Best Answer

Don't let anything make you feel discouraged @Tiff582 @FoCoHiker, it's particularly difficult when we're starting out with our weight loss journey, but I completely agree with what you said @FoCoHiker, I think changing your lifestyle from weight loss to staying active is greatly beneficial and effective. 

I used to concentrate more on weight loss and weighting myself every day, but I learned with time that just changing to a healthier lifestyle, practicing sports or activities you truly enjoy and eating more healthy comes with great results. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thanks @DavideFitbit. I’m not giving up. I did my measurements yesterday and I have lost 6 inches, and 1 pound now. I’m going to keep it up. I do feel a lot better and stronger.

Best Answer
0 Votes