Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

@A_Lurker 

The 90 Day Challenge will continue today.  It is a perpetual 90 Day Challenge, so people can join at anytime.  Thanks for checking on me.

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer

Okay, I'll start in here as well.  Today was a completely do nothing day.  It's a long weekend and I woke up to rain and such.  This past week has been very busy with weird hours.  Usually when I'm awake at 3am I am not getting up to get ready for work.  My weight has been all over the place, but trendweight is still showing that downward trend.  I'm sure some of it is water fluctuations.  I don't normally need to track my water, but when we have customers in I may not make as much of an effort to keep drinking the water.  There were things I could have done today, but I ended up catching up on work, and am not motivated to get more steps in. I'll be lucky if I hit 2500 calories burned, but I still kept my deficit.

So, for the challenge I'm looking to keep up the 2lbs/week trend - so 25 lbs down over the next 90 days is the goal.

USW: 407.0

CSW: 360.0 (2/1/16)

PW: ===

CW: 308 (7/01/16)

GW: 283 (9/30/16)  <-- this is 91 days I think, but simpler

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
Hi,
Ok, I am in too, for 90 day Challenge

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are strong when we know our weaknesses; We are at our best, when we appreciate our flaws; And we are wiser because we have learned from not repeating our mistakes!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
If you are still doing this I am in!
Best Answer
Yay can I join
Best Answer

Welcome @Cinder1315,

Happy Fourth of July all.

Best Answer
Happy Fourth of July get your steps in!
Best Answer

I would love to join this challenge, so count me in!

Best Answer
Would love to join. What do I do next?
Best Answer

Greetings all,

USW June 2013, 84 kg, 185.2lb

LW    Jul 2 2016, 57.1kg, 125.9 lbs

CW   Jul 9,          56.7 kg, 125. lbs

UGW                   55kgs, 121.3 lbs, BMI 22.9

Wishing you all the achievements you are aspiring to. 

Best Answer
Great job!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are strong when we know our weaknesses; We are at our best, when we appreciate our flaws; And we are wiser because we have learned from not repeating our mistakes!
Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

PW: ===

CW: 308 (7/01/16)

So after I posted this on the 1st I decided to do a maintenance week.  I've been increasing my calories burned over the previous 22 weeks and although my weight was still trending down I wasn't seeing week to week drops like I had been.  In the past I would wear myself out until I became ill and this would completely side track my efforts.  This wasn't an excuse to eat pints of ice cream and bags of chips.  I still logged everything I ate.  Although I didn't keep my macros where I usually do I did increase the fat % to go with the higher carbs,  So my protein levels dropped a bit, but only because I was eating more food.

PW: 308.0 (7/1/16)

CW: 306.4 (-1.6)

So, other than yesterday it is the lowest weight I've recorded, and down .2 pounds from last Sunday.  This tells me that in general my Charge HR is fairly accurate in calculating my calories burned.  I was actually expecting to be a little higher (consuming more carbs than I usually do).  I haven't decided if this will be one more day of maintenance (probably) or back to it today.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

So I don't usually post here between weekly weigh-ins, but it didn't click this morning until I saw the notification when I was logging my 'about to have' dinner.  I saw one of these:

55.jpg

It's also been a over a week since I've seen any combination ending with 307.x so I can say once again that I'm 100 pounds down from my top weight.  Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Hello.

I'd like to join in this Challenge as well.  Not sure what to do, so please advise.

Best Answer

Greetings all,

USW June 2013 84kg, 185.2 lbs, BMI 35,

Jul 9, 2016, 56.7kg, 125 lbs, BMI 23.6,

Jul 16,         56.9kg, 125.5 lbs, BMI 23.7

My scales are having dejavu moments and esp moments but basically I have sat around the 57kg for a couple of weeks now and Body Fat according to my Aria is 29-31% which didn't sit well with what I see in the mirror so my trainer did a caliper skin fold test which has me a 24% Body Fat and which I am more inclined to believe. So for me, I am not attempting any further fat loss, but to maintain where I am at. I am an aussie size 12 (US 10) for the first time since I was 14 yars old and very happy to stay here. Maintenenance is now my plan and I will continue to chat and contribute. Thank you all for sharing my journey and thank you Fitbit, you have all made my journey easier.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

PW: 308.0 (7/1/16)

CW: 306.4 (-1.6)

PW: 306.4 (7/10/16)

CW: 302.8 (-3.6)

So, maintenance week looks like a success.  Next week will confirm it.  Anyway, I have been making a point to eat closer to my -1000 calories than I had been.  Before my break the last three weeks were -1667, -1456, and -1396, yet my losses had slowed.  Last week my total was -964 (and Sunday was still on maintenance) and yet great loss this week.  Like my body gave up what it was reluctant to do beforehand.  My original plan was maintenance every 16 weeks, however, my first one was after 22 weeks.  So, sometime around the 2nd week of November I'll do it again.  It may change slightly as I may have a business trip around that time so I may shift it around.

Why planned maintenance?  I want to try and keep my calories as high as possible as I lose weight.  I don't have a specific goal picked yet, too depressing, and since I've never been anything but overweight I honestly don't know where it is.  It's going to be somewhere between 108 lbs and 145 lbs (based on BMI). Even that top weight is 157.8 lbs away, so I'm going to be at it for a very long time.

Best Answer

@ladybug524 - just post and start a weekly update.  I originally thought I had to wait until a specific date, but from what I understand you just start your 90 days from your first post.  That makes a lot of sense, and I like the 90 days for myself as my weight bounces up and down usually, so it's a long enough time frame to set a goal. 

I'm adding a few more names here so they get notification of this response.  @joleeand3, @Angel32, @RCBriggs, @Mermymom, @MandaPanda2853

Welcome  Smiley Wink

Best Answer

(deleted)

Best Answer

@breakpointsaved - welcome, and good luck!

Best Answer
So how do we do this
Best Answer
0 Votes