Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

@JodiSoonToBeFit You have to remember how good you feel, how much more energy you have, and remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  You most likely have gained some muscle, take your measurements, so if this happens again you can see how many inches you have lost.  What we are doing is for a life time, please don't get weighed down by the number on the scale; the scales number does not define who you are, it is just a number.  We all want to get fit and lose weight, if we are over weight, but you are doing the most important think that you need to do: eat less, move more, learn a new healthy life style, and have fun.  Keep doing what you are doing and that scale will move.  You are doing GREAT, keep it up.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Went to work this morning, I'm a church choir director and then went to P.F. Chang's to celebrate my mom-in-law's 81st birthday, she is in really good shape, and it was fun.  When we got back home I still needed to get some steps in, so me and my hubby went for a long evening walk.  That was a wonderful way to get in my needed steps and spend some quality time with my honey.  I am learning everyday more about fitbit, the neat people who use fitbit, in this thread, and myself.  I am changing, slowly, but I'm changing, growing everyday in my views and understanding of the need for exercise and learning about accountability and supporting and encouraging each other.  I pray that you all have a fitbit week, stay healthy, keep moving, and keep growing on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

@Mojo-1 Nice job and then you are set for the week, I bet you know exactly how many calories you are taking in because you prep everything ahead of time.  I need to take serious note of this actionSmiley Wink and do like wise.  You have a wonderful week.

Best Answer

Hey everyone. I just got my Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas and am loving it. Have been on the weightloss bandwagon for a few months now and have shed 15 pounds, 35 to go! However, I have some chronic knee issues that I am trying to sort out - any activity will cause it to swell up like a balloon. Any ideas to stay on track? I am at a bit of a loss for what to do to continue my cardio. Treadmill and elliptical are a bit off limits.
Thanks a ton!

Best Answer
So what is the book? Interested.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Anyone on weight watches and does it work? Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi everyone, I am enjoying reading everyone's updates and progress.

I have managed to eat clean for 11 days now, I lost 6.8lb in the first 7 days and an inch from my belly.. 🙂 I do get cravings for chocolates but I just have a sugar free drink with my meal instead or some peanut butter. 23lb to lose hopefully within 5 weeks. I feel better and healthier again, the charge hr and my fitness pal are really helping me stay on track.
Best Answer

I'm in! I've been working on it, on my own, since Jan. 1 and welcome the company!!

Best Answer

@CoachMarcus I definitely want to participate with you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in!  Just started today - would love to lose 30#....Have a trip to Mexico coming up at the end of April, celebrating my 20 year wedding anniversary. 

Trying a Keto diet for the first time - good luck everyone!

Best Answer

@ashweee12321  Welcome to the challenge.  Having knee issues really stinks.  What type of issues do you have?  Have you consulted with your Doctor regarding what you can and can not do?  I have a total knee replacement on my right knee and prior to working out was in significant pain and had swelling daily.  My issues stem from injuries suffered from a car crash.  Anyway, working harder and building quad, hamstring, and glute muscles, for me, really was critical to stem pain and swelling.  Weight training has been amazing.  I am now able to walk several miles daily and enjoy rigorous workouts on the elliptical.  Prior to weight training, I was not able to do so.  Swimming is good as is recumbent bike riding as they are non-impact. Check with your Doctor to see if you should weight train and build up the muscles supporting your knees.  Good Luck!

Best Answer

I know how you all feel about bad knees, I had an arthoscopic procedure years ago after falling while skiing.  Now, I put a brace on it and keep trucking.  I do have to be careful in step class, because you can really hurt yourself if your not careful with all the twist and turns in that class.  Had a great day today, I made 10,000 steps before 10:00am, boy was I tried after the class and the long run.  My eating still leaves much to be desired; I realize I don't think when I eat, I'll just pick up something and eat because I'm hungry.  Which is why people say, "don't keep it in the house", I did take some really good cookies to church yesterday for our coffee hour, and the best part......I left them at the church and not in the house.  At my gym I saw a machine where you sit down and use your hands to turn the wheel, I've seen the same machine on the biggest loser, so I know that gives you a little cardio.  I hope everyone is doing well on the challenge and getting healthy.   Have a great day tomorrow and keep on keeping on.

Best Answer

Count me in

How do I log my target weight ? Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Grrrrr...being good does not mean that the scales will grace you with loving numbers.  Gained a pound this week...Grrrr...Body Fat is down 1% and muscle mass is up 1%...so yes, muscle weighs more than fat.  Still stinks when the scale is a Dork.  No Pity Party Allowed...was back at the gym today and worked really hard. Continuing to eat healthy and still logging a 500 calorie a day deficit.  Maybe next week my Dorkie scale will be kind...:)

Best Answer

@CoachMarcus: This is a fantastic idea! Of course I'm in. My biggest challenges have always been staying motivated and sticking with a plan long enough to see results. I'm looking forward to being around supportive, like-minded people who want to see each other succeed. Let's GO!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am In .

Aim to loose 10Kgs in 6 months , that is 45 pounds. I prefer jogs and aerobic excercies .

Current weight 99kgs . Ideal 80 for my height.

What would you suggest me Marcus. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCGettingfit, but you added muscle mass, yay!!!!!  Although that scale can be realllllly dorky Woman Surprised Great job with the body fat going down, I'm not sure how to measure mine without a machine or that pitch hand tool.  Keep up the good work.

Best Answer

Today I put on clothes that have not fit in a very long time, YES.  Sometimes I just need to not look at the scale, get on the scale, or even think about the scale and today would have been a good day for that.   I'm the same weight, but the clothes really made a difference for me.  With as much weight as I need to lose this was such a huge victory, getting back into clothes that were too small.  I didn't feel very good today, I was really tired so I slept in, well I took my son to school then came back home and went back to bed.  I got up, looked at my fitbit and thought, I'm in trouble, not enough steps and it's getting late.  I went to go for a walk and my fitbit was showing me a empty battery, oh no, had to charge my bit, so I got started on my walk really late.  I began to walk my 2 mile route, but thought, I'll go to the base and get an extra 2 miles in, oh no, they closed the path gate.  I took a detour to the park, boring, having to walk 3 times around to reach a mile, but you do what you must, oh no, it's getting dark and I have prescription sunglasses on, so it's time to head home.  I did get a little over 10,000 steps today, but not my usual high number, but I'm still good with getting 10,000.    There was a time I would not have given how many steps I took in a day a second thought, but fitbit has changed that.  I like jogging Mon, Wed, and Fri, but I love walking the other days, gives me time to think and reflect without having to concentrate on my pace, stride, and breathing.   I really enjoy going outside and exercising now, I couldn't have said that 4 months ago, this is a very good thing for me.  Enjoy your day tomorrow and have a fitbit good time.

Best Answer
@MusicMaker so very happy for you! That is great news. Just saying I always love your posts - great mix of fun, inspiring and informative thank you. To everyone I am so glad I am part of the community. So encouraging and interesting. Thank you all!!
Best Answer

My fitbit my son gave me for Xmas really brings it home how difficult it is for me to get my 10K while working - I am at a computer all day. I do have a little troupe who walks in the afternoon, we get a mile in walking around the parking lot. lol  Of course it has been darn COLD this week to do that but we do.  I've gotten the 10K several times though if I then treadmill at night.

Still not losing any weight though and I get discouraged - but I never give up.  : )

Best Answer
0 Votes