Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

I feel like I had a really good day yesterday, I made good food choices and did a really great work out. I love being in the challenge. I get e-mail notifications on my phone when people post in the forum and it helps me change my mind if I was about to choose something not helpful to my goal like a burger and fries for lunch.

Best Answer

Great Start today!  65 minutes on the Elliptical completing an interval training course.  Fitbit gives me 400 calories burned, Gym equipment says 700.  Either way, it was a rigorous start to the day.  Clean breakfast with my favorite plain Icelandic styled yogurt, granola, a touch of honey, and blueberries.  Off to work and away from food and temptation until dinner.  Packing a ziplock bag with 20 almonds as a good protien rich snack!  Also packing water!  Here's to everyone's success!!!

Best Answer

Burgers and Fries...ZAP ZAP!!

Best Answer

Hi @sgoldman87,  you are doing so wonderful, I am proud of you.  You are making a life style change, which will serve you for the rest of your life, way to go.  Pre-planning is a good idea and I need to begin doing that, planning my meals at least one day in advance and then following through with the plan.  Keep going you are doing awesome.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
Good evening everyone. I live my FitBit. End of story! It has helped me so much this week. I have the Charge HR. I use all the features. Every day I Keep track of my water intake, my food intake, my heart rate, sleep monitor, steps/miles. Most of all, I love the support of the FitBit community. I got my fitbit for Christmas. Took the last week of December to learn how to use it. I weighed in Jan 1st and started a lifestyle change. I started eating healthier and walking. At the 1 week mark, I lost 8 lbs and my BMI went down by 2 percent. I've walked 46 miles this last week. My motivation came from a workweek challenge. I wanted to do my best. I highly recommend becoming friends with others with the same goals. Join a challenge or start one. It will be the best thing you've done.
Best Answer

I am so happy to hear that, Tracy! Keep it up, Friend! Blessings and strength!

Ellie

Best Answer

@TracyWarner you go Tracy, good job!

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Today I was putting music on my ipod, I have an old phone, and this music pumps me up and makes me want to move.  I had been doing my walk/run with just my mind to keep me entertained, and that can get really boring fast, but you do what you need to do.   Last Friday I had on my ear phones and it was the most wonderful time on the path.  I was running and singing and totally enjoying myself on my jog.   I now have 19 songs and am looking forward to my Monday morning slow jog.  The weight is coming off and I'm feeling really good.  I sing and because of all the exercise I'm doing,  my breath control has gotten so much better.  I am so happy that coach started this 90 day weight loss challenge, it is so nice to have a place to go where everyone has a common goal.  Have a great fitbit day tomorrow and stay healthy.

Best Answer
I have just enjoyed my Fitbit so much. I weighed myself today after a week of completely clean living and meeting 10k steps minimum but more like 12k per day. Was so excited to see some loss but found I'd gained 500 grams!! Was devastated! Have used my Fitbit daily since Christmas but only started clean eating Monday last week still I expected some improvement not a GAIN! I have stayed in calorie range each day, water intake met, active minutes etc. I feel great otherwise so will continue however if I gain again next week there will have to be some rethinking!! On the upside my resting heart beat has dropped from 73 rpm at Christmas to 62!! Yay! Feel really happy about that. Has been gradually decreasing all last week. The last three days it's sat on 62 so I'm very grateful as I stress about that!!
Best Answer
Don't know how to edit but it's BOM not rpm. Face palm!! Lol. Also what's a recovery runner? It's under my name and some others names also.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Beats per minute. Geez love autocorrect!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Day 9, and I'm feeling fine! I notice that I move much more when I'm at work, so I increased my cardio duration today and did chores around the house. In general, I'm finding more reasons to move because I have a steps goal to meet each day, and the benefits go beyond just weight loss 😀
Best Answer

@JodiSoonToBeFit wrote:
Don't know how to edit but it's BOM not rpm. Face palm!! Lol. Also what's a recovery runner? It's under my name and some others names also.

It's your current forum rank, it doesn't has anything to do with activity outside the forums. For more information about ranks, feel free to check out the thread: About: Community Ranks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning!!! Just wanted to wish everyone a super Sunday! I'm heading out to the gym and then will spend the day meal prepping our clean meals for the week.. Can't wait to try out some more new recipes this week!! ( last week I tried clean All American Mac and Cheese...and it was a hit!!) I tend to stick to the favourites but will continue to incorporate some new stuff weekly! This has always been how I spend Sunday.. And the meal prep helps me EMENSLY  to keep to my regime!!

Have a great day my friends!

Ciao 😊

Best Answer

Managed six days of exercise this week. Really enjoy the silent judgment of the FitBit and the way it insists that you move more. That said I am going to rest a little today. One of my 5x5 buddies is back Tueday, so back to weight training this week. Food has been good, a few indulgences, I had an onion bhaji with curried cauliflower and quinoa and a few boiled sweets (candies). Have made a brasil nut, avocado & rocket pesto for dinner, with wholewheat pasta and broccoli. Helped in healthy food by the fact that our 18 year-old is a two year vegan, and my partner has been a pescatarian since the World Cup in 2014. I think the sheer quantity of beef in Brasil did for her!! To be honest this is not too different from our normal diet. Importantly, not a single drop of alcohol since ~4am on January 1st!! Though Friday after work could've murdered a pint - pints after work on Friday are an institution in the British Isles. Resisted and will continue to do so. Have a fun Sunday all.

Best Answer

@JodiSoonToBeFit Don't give up.  Our bodies react differently to change.  Success occurs when this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.  Do you drink sodas (even diet soda)?  How much alcohol do you consume weekly (if any)?  How much sodium is in your food selections?  These could impact weight loss/gain.  Building muscle can also cause a weight gain, all the while you are reducing fat.  Congratulations on your accomplishments!  Reducing your resting heart rate is HUGE!  This is a long haul, please don't give up or rethink, just work through the obstacles and stick with the challenge.  You Got This!!!

Best Answer

@jodi ... Hang in there girl and don't let the number on that scale dictate your progress...it has taken me forever to wrap my brain around that and still struggle with that concept from time to time..do check into the things CC has highlighted as these things can contribute to the scale being a dork!  Bravo on the achievements you DID accomplish this week! Keep going!! 

Best Answer

@JodiSoonToBeFit wrote:
I have just enjoyed my Fitbit so much. I weighed myself today after a week of completely clean living and meeting 10k steps minimum but more like 12k per day. Was so excited to see some loss but found I'd gained 500 grams!! Was devastated! Have used my Fitbit daily since Christmas but only started clean eating Monday last week still I expected some improvement not a GAIN! I have stayed in calorie range each day, water intake met, active minutes etc. I feel great otherwise so will continue however if I gain again next week there will have to be some rethinking!! On the upside my resting heart beat has dropped from 73 rpm at Christmas to 62!! Yay! Feel really happy about that. Has been gradually decreasing all last week. The last three days it's sat on 62 so I'm very grateful as I stress about that!!

Congrats on your progress.  As others mentioned, do not be a slave to the scale.  If you are eating well and getting in activity, your body will respond accordingly.  The additional 500 grams could have been from anything.  Your body could be changing in ways that may not necessarily reflect itself in the scale.  You even mentioned that you feel better and that your resting heart rate is dropping.  Just keep it up with eating better and moving more and see from there.

Best Answer

This thread is a great source of encouragement.  I am so happy to see people making progress with their personal goals here.  On a non weight related item, my team member noticed I was able to button my suit jacket on Friday.  I was not able to do so in December.  While still a long way to go before fitting well, the fact I buttoned it was a small success in itself.  

What are some of your "small victories" so far this year?

Best Answer

@JodiSoonToBeFit Please dont lose hope because of what the scale says i used to base everything on what the scale said at the end of the week. But recently i've seen my body change so much from my weight training and i probably weigh exactly the same if not more than when i started but its all about the fat that you are burning. They also say that your weight can fluctate a couple of pounds from day to day anyway just from water retention alone 🙂 Keep going and you will see your body changing especially if your hitting 12k steps and eating healthy. Sounds like you are doing a great job. In other news having a broken down car sure does increase my fitbit usage win for me 🙂 (not for my car though)

Best Answer