Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

Is it to late to be start the challenge I would love to join..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats me I can make small changes as well I would still like to have my wine if I can

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is body pump?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracy, I did 1 lb/day before and lost 10 pounds in 10 days, and about 20 lb in a month. Then I stopped loosing. I found that my body needed to adjust to the new weight before I sat a new goal.

I recommend setting healthy, realistic goals, and congratulate yourself when you reach them. Then give yourself a weight-maintenance time of two or three months before setting a new goal. This will give your body time to adjust to the new weight, and help you move on to your new goal, without getting stuck or discouraged. In the end, you will still lose, but you will also be able to maintain your new weight and learn to live a healthier life-style.  

I am planning to do the same. Wanna join me? 

Best Answer

20 pounds in 90 days is a challenge, but I'm in. I just got my fitbit yesterday and I have a lot of catching up to do, especially after the holiday indulgence season, when I gained back the 10 pounds that I had lost before that. So, back to work!   Thanks for the challenge! 

Best Answer

MusicMaker - I'm in the same situation. I've tried dieting so many times, but just can't seem to stay with it; I never had enough motivation. Fitbit is really helping me in that area. It's great to see the progress I'm making. And I, too, have a lot to lose, so this 90 day/20 lb challenge is great; small increments to reach the bigger goal.  Good luck and hang in there!

Best Answer

Thanks, Seanter! Diet, in my experience, gives short term results and keeps me in the yo-yo patern: loose-gain-lose-gain, etc. What I am trying is to change my life-style by reducing my portion sizes and walking daily. The month before the Thanksgiving I tried to walk about 20-30 minutes/day and to eat a lot of raw food (salads and veggy juices). Of course, I ate some cooked food, too. However, my 20-30 minute walks have made a huge difference, and I lost about 10 pounds in a month. Then, holidays came with all those delicious dishes and deserts, and I ruined it all! I am going to spend another month or so, just to get back to where I was before the holidays. Between the fitbeat and this forum, I hope to find enough motivation to stay on track. 

When did you join? Did you have the chance to see some progress? 

Best Answer

From the 1.1.16 to the 7.1.16 I am down 2.5 kgs. I am so amazed at the motivation the Fitbit gives ! If I see I am within reasonable distance to the next goal on the Fitbit be it steps or floors I will push myself to achieve it even when I had thought I had done enough. I am very grateful to the inventers of this wonderful gadget.I am also grateful for this site and the folks on here who are determined to get healthy , your input,honesty, and encouragement are wonderful. Thank you Marcus for putting this challenge before us.

Best Answer

@JodiSoonToBeFit Nice job!  You keep it up and you will soon be very fit.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish fit bit offered a feature that ZAPPED you when you reach for something not on your plan or calorie budget.  Such as a ZAP when you nom on chocolate cake.  ZAP!  Or a ZAP when you over endulge on calories.  ZAP.  How about a Pepperoni Pizza ZAP!  Homemade Mac and Cheese with Bacon, ZAP ZAP ZAP!  All rantings aside, I took a day off from working out today.  Back in the gym tomorrow for heavy cardio.  Needed to give my aching muscles a day to recover.  Will unfortunately under-perform on steps since I am taking it easy.  I love that fit bit highlights when we are over budget on our food target.  Still taking in less than burning, but without the workout, am over budget for my 500 calorie a day deficit.  That is definitely the slice of chocolate cake rearing its lovely head!  ZAP!  All in all am doing really well and hope to continue being a loser!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Lots of temptations out there with NFL Playoff parties and winter weather comfort food days.  Stay Strong!

Best Answer

CCgettingfit, that is funny, some of us would be getting zapped all the time lol. 

Today was another good day.   I was able to go outside, after four days on the treadmill, and run in the fresh air, well I live in CA maybe not so fresh, but nice.  Part of the path goes through the navy golf course and it amazes me how many people ride around in the golf course, instead of walking, what a missed opportunity for real exercise.  If I played golf I would get plenty of exercise looking and running after my golf ball, I have enough trouble with mini putt.  Well, I'm a very restless sleeper, explains why I'm so tired on some mornings, so if I go to bed now just maybe I can get a good 8 hours of sleep.  Have a wonderful, fun, and adventurous weekend.  Stay healthy and keep on stepping.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Tine2, body pump is a class at some gyms where you lift weights with barbells and use a raised step.   It is a good class as long as you have a good teacher.  The class I took was wonderful, but it got so crowded that I gave it up and started lifting weights in the gym instead of the class.  If you put effort into it, and lift so you are a little uncomfortable, you can get a great workout.   If the weight is too light then you are not getting as good of a workout as you could.  Hope that answers your question.

Best Answer

Day 8 and I'm down 3 lbs!! I have been using the food log to reduce spontaneous eating by preplanning meals to meet my target calorie goal. Before I eat some meals, I quickly log them first with the mobile fitbit app to determine the nutritional value it would add if I were to consume it, and considering other meals/snacks I might have later on. Over time, I'm beginning to memorize nutirtional content of foods, so I am able to make better decisions on the spot. At a happy hour event today, there was a buffet filled various tasty appetizers, beer, and wine. Before picking up the plate and piling on the food, I decided which foods would be best to make a nice snack before dinner. I skipped the carbs and heavy appetizers, and had 5 oz of wine, veggies, and two kinds of dip limited to a couple ounces. I still enjoyed myself and felt comfortable that I made an informed decision about my meal. 

Best Answer
Yes I need to lose the extra weight .Went to the Dr before Christmas and Dr said you put more on ,I asked to give 3month to do something about we'll just be fore Christmas I had to have some test on my heart and I Ao asprin an a heart well I have never had so many nosebleed and I due to go back I need to have at 12lbs thanks for listening Helen
Best Answer
I just joined this group yesterday, but have lost 4.5 lbs sine I received my Fitbit at Christmas. Yesterday I finally reached 10,000+ steps for the first time and will continue to make the effort to do so every day. This group and my Fitbit is giving me the motivation I was lacking before.
Best Answer

image.jpeg

Best Answer

Gasp!!! I'm so sorry that image came out so large!!! I just wanted to share the tools I use every single day..(and not just since January but for many years).along with my Fitbit 

i have many more of Tosca Reno's book, they are an excellent read..and just make sense.. the title says "diet" on some of her books however inside she clearly states clean eating isn't a diet but a healthy way of life..and lifestyle changes. (I have learned to really dislike the term diet) Oxygen Magazines are awesome and contain blurbs from Reno as well

Journals.. I have a ton of them.. Documenting my journey every day and including at least 3 things I am grateful for ( no matter what we can ALWAYS be grateful for something..ever day!) is a great way to stay grounded

My workout stuff...self explanatory

i also incorporate meditation from time to time..(Meditation Oasis is a wonderful app!! I need guided meditation as it helps me to focus.. I just can't do it on my own as my mind wonders in a million directions!) it's a wonderful way to start and/or end the day

Best Answer

If it's not too late to join, I'm in! I'm also looking for friends, so anyone feel free to add me. 

Best Answer
My total weight loss goal is to go from 225lbs to 145lbs. I have some idea of how I should go about this, and I am making impactful changes already (i.e. NO MORE SODA!) I would like to take my challenge to the end of 2016! I think that would be healthiest. Who's with me?!
Best Answer
I have tried losing weight numerous times over the year's, but I have come to the conclusion that diet alone has not worked for me. I have 70 lbs to lose to get to my goal. I am stoked that I have my Fitbit to help keep me on track with my new active lifestyle. I would love to be a part of your group
Best Answer