Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

I concur with all of this good advice - the approach of small changes and portion control has helped me lose.  Logging food to be mindful of calories in vs out helps tremendously as well because I know I cannot sustain drastic changes (for example, no sweets or no wine) but if I can include them in a small way, I can sustain the change.

Best Answer

I have lost 1.3 lbs this week - I'm happy with that!

Best Answer
That's exactly how I'm working the diet. Well not a diet but keeping a log calories intake. Making sure I workout and get in the burn stage Sent on the new Sprint Network
Best Answer

Can I recommend a single book I read 5 years ago that completely changed the way I look at food? I consider weight to be 90% problem of food one consumes. You would be surprised but I do not go to gym at all - I walk 8 miles 2-3 times a week sometimes with nordic poles but I just do it because I love brisk walking. I use fitbit scale regularly to weight in of course because (and this is from my experience as well) if one tends to gain weight over time (mainly because of one's food preference) one has to weight in regularly. 

Best Answer

Hi sgoldman87, I like the advice, it makes total sense to me, now I just have to get my head and my mouth on the same page.  The disciple Paul said, "that I want to do I don't do, that I don't want to do I do."  I so understand what he was saying, I know what I need to do and I don't do it, it is now more then a bad habit, so it will take longer to over come, but over come it I will.  I will have to stop and, as you suggested, weigh out my choices and I know that that is something I can do.  Thanks for the support.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Hello I just got my fit bit.  I would love to do this challenge.  My goal is to lose at least a 1 1lb / week.  

Best Answer

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions, I appreciate them all.  I know it is a matter of making the changes and I have to write down what I eat, I just have to.  I really believe I don't because, one, I'm afraid of what I'll see and, two, because when I eat bad I don't always know how to count it, break it down, so I just don't do it.  I am learning that I can't have everything I want, but I can all that I need.  I need to eat foods that are good for me and provide nutrients, fuel, vitamins, good fat, and protein, foods that will nourish me and not just make me fat.  I know that this is a process and I know that I HAVE to make changes.  I've lost 25 or 26 months so far, so I know I can do this, I just have to be honest with myself and you all, keep exercising, watch and record what I eat, and make healthier food choices.  I'll keep coming back because this is working for me.  Don't ever give up on yourself or your dreams, because dreams become reality if you work to make them so. HeartWoman Happy

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Hi chuck, what's the name of the book?

Best Answer

My goal is 2 lbs per week for the year in 2016.  I am trying to do it in a more sustainable manner this year.  I have already surpassed my January goal with 10 lbs now gone.  The plan is maintenance until February comes.  So long as I don't regain anything.  

Best Answer
Chuck may I please have the name of the book?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today was a good food day for me, being really honest with people really helped me.  I ate food that I can figure out the calorie count and I didn't over eat.  Someone said to me, you have to eat like you want to eat for the rest of your life.   It is not a diet, it is a way of life.  I had to learn to eat unhealthy which means, I can learn to eat healthy again.   I can't just focus on the food portion, I have to think about why I am eating, when I am eating, where I am eating, and then see if there is a pattern.   If there is a pattern then I need to figure out what is causing me to behave like I'm behaving.  I'm getting it, slowly, but surely.  I hope you all have a great day and that today is a little better than yesterday.   May you walk many happy and healthy steps today.

Best Answer
Day 7 and nearly 15k steps!! Very happy with my exercising so far! Meeting my calorie targets. I plan to maintain this!
Best Answer
It's been two weeks today since I started with Fitbit and I feel great. I feel very "clean" inside my body and I am thoroughly enjoying my walk each day and finding ways to get active at my, primarily, desk job. I have been eating a very unprocessed diet (the only food that has been "processed" was some farmer direct stone milled whole grain bread I purchased at a specialty market that I treat myself to a slice of when I'm still peckish after dinner. I am not using it as a reward as such, more I'm not using it every day. I seem to have skipped the sugar cravings (and believe me I ate whole blocks - not bars - of Cadbury chocolate daily, large bags of Salt and Vinegar chips, Redskins and biscuits constantly from 4pm till bed plus my dinner do I was a heavy food abuser. There was a reason I got to my weight!! I really believe having a Fitbit and challenging friends etc daily/weekly really makes you accountable and you rethink what you are fuelling yourself with. I know it's early days but I'm feeling great and so glad and ready to embrace healthy living. I really want to stay this excited about being healthy!!
Best Answer

I'm in! Since getting my Fitbit Surge at Christmas, I have found it really motivates me to eat healthier and exercise more. I'm using the silent alarms to remind me to get away from my desk and walk around the building regularly, as well as wake me up and get exericising on my Wii. I looking forward to seeing how I do in 90 days! 🙂

Best Answer

Would love to join in on this as well as I got away from using my FitBit at the end of last year. Looking forward to this challenge! Robot Happy

Best Answer

I am in where do i start

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to join!!!! I just started a few days ago. How does this work? I need to lose at least 20 pounds now. Thank you ...... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to using the dashboard. I've been measuring my steps for a few months, but now I'm really working on using all the tools I can to help out. I sometimes just walk 10 - 15 thousand steps, and I understand that changes the calories on the dashboard I can take in. However, if I've been more briskly walking/running on the treadmill, should I log that as a separate activity, and log the number of calories it (the treadmill) says I have burned.? It doesn't make sense to me since the fit bit is also logging these steps and presumably the calories. Got to body pump three times this week, I definitely logged that 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@catbit wrote:

Got to body pump three times this week, I definitely logged that 🙂

I LOVE Body Pump, though I haven't been in a while. What a great workout! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@catbit wrote:

I'm new to using the dashboard. I've been measuring my steps for a few months, but now I'm really working on using all the tools I can to help out. I sometimes just walk 10 - 15 thousand steps, and I understand that changes the calories on the dashboard I can take in. However, if I've been more briskly walking/running on the treadmill, should I log that as a separate activity, and log the number of calories it (the treadmill) says I have burned.? It doesn't make sense to me since the fit bit is also logging these steps and presumably the calories. Got to body pump three times this week, I definitely logged that 🙂

If your Fitbit has a built in heart rate monitor, you will be fine.  If not, you can either log the activity yourself or just trust what Fitbit estimates the activity as.  I would just be careful though about trusting an exercise machine that does not have your body data configured into it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes