Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

I'd like to join this too. Got my fitbit on 4 Jan, didn't realise how little I moved in my job and how many calories I ate. Need to lose about 50lb altogether.

Best Answer

Some days it is a little rough to get moving, but stick with it.   Last Christmas my husband and me gifted ourselves with a treadmill, best gift ever.  On the days when I have not moved enough it's all about me and the treadmill: I love being outside jogging, but on the days I can't I'm still getting my steps.  My husband, he is such a great guy, gave me the fitbit for Christmas and I love it and him.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Day 5, and still sick, but much better! I hope to return to work and exercise tomorrow. Today I got lunch from one of my favorite restaurants, which is one of the few places in CA that serves lobster rolls with butter. Being from New England originally, this is nostalgic and special. Instead, I opted for the 1/2 sized seared ahi tuna salad and crab tomato chowder. I took half the chowder home, and will eat it tomorrow. There were two beautiful pieces of sourdough bread; one on the salad, one on the soup. Those went into the to-go box to be rationed over days rather than minutes. Portion size really counts when eating out, judging by the calories per menu item. For dinner, I had hawaiin poke without rice! I ended the day with a couple bites of homemade bread pudding, which is the last bit of holiday food hanging on for dear life!

Best Answer

CC, good job and good choice, you inspired me with this story.  Thanks for sharing.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
0 Votes

Down 1.5 Pounds this week...today was a weight lifting day.  Fitbit did not track with my heart rate, even with manual logging, I don't think it accurately measured calorie burn for the activity.  Oh well...the proof will be in the weight loss next week!  Really excited pushed my limits in the gym and completed 3 sets of 10 deadlifts lifting 165lbs!!!  Weight Lifting is really a key and vital part for over all fitness (especially for women).  It has kicked up my metabolism and aided in my weight loss journey dramatically.  So who else would like to pump some iron to lose weight!

Best Answer

Just peeking in to see how everyone's week is going.. Looks like there's some great progress happening... So awesome you guys!!! Gosh sgoldman...I sure hope you kick what's ailing you very soon!!! ....It was shoulder day at the gym this morning.. Ick! My least favourite weight training day of the week!! (I sustained a severe neck and shoulder injury 5 years ago and it's a work in progress.. But continuing to work on it!) I have continued to eat clean every day so far and feeling remarkable because of it! Keep up the great work everyone.. Just know each and every one of you are truly inspiring 😊

Best Answer

I am late to the party but would like to be included. I've lost 35 pounds and have taken a bit of a break for the holidays but now it's time to get back to it.   I go to Curves three times a week but am having difficulty fitting in additional exercise.  I fit in extra steps where I can during the day (part farther away, take stairs, etc).  I weigh and measure food and look for the best calorie bang for the buck.  I cook at home a lot so am happy to share recipes if anyone is interested.

Best Answer

me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, this may be a crazy question, but how do I post a new comment to this thread?   I have to keep hitting reply and then make my comment: I've tried looking up in help how to make a new comment, but there is nothing there to help me. 

On another note, I'm having a so so week.  I do great with my exercising, but my food is NOT SO GOOD Woman Frustrated add some tears to that and you know how I really feel.  I don't understand why I can't eat good and exercise at the same time.  I did go out today and buy some fresh fruits and veggies, but I have to be honest, I also bought some cookies, the kind from Costco, really, really, big tub.  Why, why, why do I do that, I sabotage myself and it makes no sense to me at all:  am I the only one here with this problem?  If not, what do you all do to over come this problem, I would really like to know because I really need advice/help in this area.

Best Answer

Hey, everyone seems to be doing really well so far 🙂 Im looking for peoples advise on how they manage to hit there 10k steps every day? I make it some days but most i end up jogging on the spot in the evenings to make up my steps for the day. I go to the gym/run 5-6 days a week usually i spend about an hour at the gym and i do a mix of weights and cardio and that always gives me between 2500-3000 steps. A good way to start the day but the problem is my job involves driving from one place to the next and the most walking i get then really is between my car and their house. The jobs are never close enough so i can walk. So i just wondered how other people get there extra steps in the day? And maybe then i can integrate those into my day :))) Many thanks everyone.

Best Answer

Day 6, and I'm finally back to my old self and work! I was highly motivated to move today. I did 13k steps!!! Woohoo!  I was challenged to meet my goal with the fitbit "challenges", which is a great a feature. I received notifications of progress and virtual "cheers".  Feel free to add me and challenge me to meet my steps goal!

Musicmaker, food choices are hard. Now on day 6 of revamped eating habits, I'm looking at each at each choice as a hilarious transaction between my present self and future self. A cookie today, equals 2-3 miles tomorrow, several cups of roasted crispy cauliflower, or half my dinner. Today at the coffee bar the special of the day *VIETNAMESE COFFEE* caught my eye. I know what's in that drink; half heavy condensed milk, a lot sugar, and half coffee. The 250-300 calorie sweet, caffeinaited elixer would make present self giddy, but at a cost. Future self would have to take care of it somehow. I ordered an Americano instead and it was still warm and good. Today I met my calories goal. Now I need to repeat that a bunch times. 

Best Answer
Me i wanna join wanna lose more lbs
Best Answer
0 Votes
I too was shocked the first few days at home much it took to get to the 10000. I am not a jogger due to bad ankle and knee so I just walk as fast as I can. I find that doing my laundry, tidying, a little gardening before I get ready for work gets me to about 1000. Prior to this I'd lie in bed reading. When washing teeth, brushing hair etc I march on spot. Waiting for kettle to boil? March on spot. Washing hands after toilet? Lunges At work I choose to march on spot in elevator (unable to access steps). My job is a seated job but if I get the opportunity (waiting on hold or making a drink) I march on spot this gets me to about 4000 by end of day. If I go to shop I park as far as I can and walk the extra steps. Then after having a quick afternoon snack I get out and walk. I do not stop no matter if it's dark, I'm tired, hungry etc, until my Fitbit dances to say I've made 10k. If I stopped after I get home I would never get myself to do it. I live in a hilly area and either I walk cliff like hills or drive to flatter ground. If I'm to lazy to drive I force myself to face the hills. I figure that's my "reward" for being lazy.
Best Answer

The thing is one has to do something which is sustainable in the long run - I consider "90 days" as a long run for any new habit. Not "dieting" but forming new "eating habits" which have to be sustainable. If one is experiencing hunger on a daily basis as a part of new "eating habits" - these are not sustainable and have to be reexamined and reformed. The key to "sustainable" weight loss are sustainable new habits. This is what I learned from my experience and wanted to share.  

Best Answer
A big yep...to what Chuck Norris said!
Best Answer

@MusicMaker  Sugar cravings are the worst!  I constantly fight the battle with the cookie monster insided.  Recently, I added probiotic low fat and low sugar yogurts into my diet to help combat the sugar cravings.  It is working.  This is not a miracle cure; however, I have noticed a remarkable improvement.  It took 2 to 4 weeks to really realize that the sugar cravings and intake were down.  I have been eating Siggis' Icelandic-stlyled plain yogurt (3 grams of sugar) or their Berry or Vanilla Yogurt (6 grams of sugar).  I have friends that take probiotic supplements to help curb sugar cravings, but I personallydon't do that.  Give it a try and let me know if it helps you!

Best Answer

Coach Marcus,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Coach Marcus,

I have 33 lbs I want to lose by this summer. Could use this challenge and support. 🙂 Count me in!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No you are not the only one. I also struggle with this problem. I have no problem getting my workouts in, that has became a part of my lifestyle. While on the other hand the eating habits are crazy. I know some of the things i still eat should be out of my eating regimen, but haven't got my mindset right to rid my daily intake of sweets. I struggle with this sooo bad and it is an addiction that i would love to break in my heart but getting my mind to cooperate is crazy. I want to do the 21 days of no sugar intake at all, but totally afraid of failure before i even start. I am gonna try it though, The encouragement i can give you is to make small changes, don't try to change everything at once. I do better when i concentrate on portion control and eating 6 small meals a day so that i never feel hungry. Stay strong and i know you can do this!!!
Best Answer

I would like to join as well. New to fitbit and trying to get back on track. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes