Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

Day 4, and I'm still sick, but improving. I took the dog for a walk and hit 5k steps! I can't wait to feel better, so I can run and hit those daily 10k step milestones!  

I've been meticuloulsy logging my food. This is new for me. I've avoided food logging for very long time, mostly because I'm lazy (and guilty), but the fitbit food log is amazing! The database is expansive and includes nutritional content. It includes obscure things like "Just Mayo" which is an egg-free mayo that I eat. I want to ensure I'm losing healthy pounds; mostly fat, not lean muscle.  Yesterday, while my total calories was low, I had only 31g of protein in healthy-eating mode. Yikes! I can only imagine what I was eating a week ago...Today I'ved increased my protein to 79g (mostly from fish) based on my age, gender, current weight, level of activity, weight loss goal. I'm not trying to be paleo and/or enter ketosis, but I am trying to trade some carbs for protein because it just makes sense. And, I wouldn't know any of this if didn't log what I ate and when I ate it, so I'll keep at it!

Best Answer

20 pounds in 90 days? Sounds feasible. I'm in.

Best Answer

The last couple of days went well. I am still managing to fit in 10k steps and did some arm exercises too. The food has been going well too. I am trying to find the sweet spot of eating only what I need to be satisfied and no more. I don't ever want to regain this weight so I want to find a way of eating that is doable for me. 

From what I have experienced - I spend the first part of the day forcing myself to eat more (especially protein) so that I don't spend the end of my day eating junk. I am journaling everything I eat and it is going well.

Only 86 days left .... We can do this!

Best Answer

We are all here to support each other! 🙂
Good luck to all of you!
I'm new in the community, but not so new in the weight loss challenges (we run the same kind in Stanmore)

Looking forward to see you all succeed!

Best Answer

@Babri wrote:

Hi Charma21,

I always go empty stomach for running outside for in 1 hour, when I come back I have a porridge  than. 

Remember you will see losing weight starting from your face.

I did it, really helped me alot!  

When losing weight, you will first lose weight where you last gained weight and you will lose weight last where you first gained weight.  If you face was the last place to show your weight gain, then this will be the first place you will notice your weight loss and vice versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 Ways to Achieve Any Goal

Keep an eye on it.
Seeing a goal can be more motivating than writing it down. Try creating a vision board filled with quotes and images that inspire you and relate to your goals.

Tell people.
Make yourself accountable by telling friends and family. You’ll get support through challenges and have someone to celebrate successes with.

Make it fun-sized!
Break up long-term goals into smaller SMART goals to make them more manageable, increase confidence and maintain drive. SMART stands for specific, measureable and meaningful, action-oriented, realistic and timely.

Keep it real.
Although it’s great to dream big, people are more likely to reach goals that are realistic based on their strengths and abilities. For goals that are unrealistic at this time, figure out what needs to happen to make them more feasible.

Commit to yourself.
Last but not least, there is only one person in the goal-setting process that matters, and that person is YOU! No one else will achieve your goals. Reflect on motivation and purpose (Why are you pursuing this goal?) while creating goals and when feeling discouraged.
Best Answer

I'm new to Fitbit! Is it too late to join the 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge?

Best Answer

@CindyLouR wrote:

I'm new to Fitbit! Is it too late to join the 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge?

It's never too late to join.  Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes it's hard telling people I'm dieting, again, they have lost faith in me, but I'm going to do this.  I have a lot of weight to lose, so I broke it into 25 lbs increments, I believe that is a doable number and I can see the results.  I wish I could lose this weight faster, but the reality of it is, it took a long time to gain this much weight and it will take some time to lose it.   I'm really going to try and achieve my goals and this list will help.   Thank you for the advice and this challenge.  I have many steps to go today, but I'm looking forward to everyone of them. 

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Hi sgoldman87, I can relate to being lazy about logging food, and especially the guilty part.  I'll have to try using the fitbit food log, maybe this is just the thing to get me going and keep me here everyday.   I hope you feel better very soon.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MusicMaker wrote:

Sometimes it's hard telling people I'm dieting, again, they have lost faith in me, but I'm going to do this.  I have a lot of weight to lose, so I broke it into 25 lbs increments, I believe that is a doable number and I can see the results.  I wish I could lose this weight faster, but the reality of it is, it took a long time to gain this much weight and it will take some time to lose it.   I'm really going to try and achieve my goals and this list will help.   Thank you for the advice and this challenge.  I have many steps to go today, but I'm looking forward to everyone of them. 

Your approach to losing weight is the proper way to look at it.  You are correct in that most people didn't gain weight overnight, so it's unrealistic to expect to lose it overnight.  I pray for your success in reaching your goals!

Best Answer

I will accept the prayer and support.Woman Happy

Best Answer

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your success.  The best way to do this is literally one step at a time.  This is not a diet!  This is a lifestyle adjustment.  You got this!

Best Answer
Thank you and I will accept your prayers, thoughts, and support. I wish for you to have continued success on your journey as well. Blessings to you and yours, in Christ Vanessa Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.
Best Answer

@MusicMaker wrote:
Thank you and I will accept your prayers, thoughts, and support. I wish for you to have continued success on your journey as well. Blessings to you and yours, in Christ Vanessa Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.

Amen, Vanessa.  With God, all things are possible.  I like to say this several times per day, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

Best Answer

I know i am late in joining - but would love to join too - reading though the comments already and looks like it will be a great group to be a part of! Already so much positivity and motivation within this thread!

Anyone interested in doing intros?  Find out a few things about people, age, hometown, goals etc?

Best Answer
Hi I wish you the best of luck, you can defintely do it 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I made my step goals today, climbed 5 floors of stairs, and worked out with my daughter for 30 minutes~!!! I sure hope this motivation stays.  i didn't want to work out but knew id feel better after doing it!

TOmorrow I'm going to try and take the long way to my classes so i can try and reach my 10 floors of stairs!

Best Answer

Rather than saying you want to "lose" or you "lost" weight, start saying your want to "RELEASE" or you "RELEASED" weight - You have no intent on finding it again, right?

Best Answer

count me in

Best Answer