Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

@Charma21 wrote:

Yes, please tell me what I need to do.

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Best Answer

@rubyo01 wrote:

I'm in, but what and how do we engage?

Ruby 🙂

@CoachMarcus wrote:
I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Best Answer

@neha12 wrote:

Me too want to take the challenge. I am new to fitbit community. How do we track progress...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cxmomma wrote:

I would love to join! I'm looking to lose 80+ pounds and this would be a great start to it. How do we track progress and everything?

Em.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tmanor86 wrote:
Coach how do I add you?

I believe you'll need to go to your Dashboard and then go to the Friends section.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quilter0001 wrote:

OK, so as so many before me have asked, how do we stay together as a team?  Are we going to make our own group?  Or do we try to do something else, Coach?  Inquiring minds want to know....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1lovestepping wrote:

I know I am 4 days behind the Dec 31, 2015 joining period but I have been walking with my fitbit flex since Dec 26 and would love to join this 90 day challenge.  What are the specifics?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds awesome. Glad to have someone with some experience.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to be part of this community. I went to body pump today. I've been trying to go 3 times a week since I retired in Sept., but find once or twice (when I'm really good) has been more the norm. I'm going to work toward 3 times with the motivation from this group. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Survived Day 4!  Started strong at the gym.  Today was a weight lifting day.  My fit bit was not accurately tracking my heart rate as I took my pulse after a heavy set and calculated my heart rate to be 132, my Fitbit was tracking at 70.  Not sure if the calorie burn documented is accurate.  Worked hard.  Tomorrow is a cardio day and the fitbit seems to track well with the gym equipment.  We will see...Food Challenges are feeding others and eating light.  Cooking separate meals will get old pretty soon.  Any advice on getting my husband on board would be appreciated!  Motivational saying of the day...Reach for the Stars, if you miss, you will land on the Moon!  🙂

Best Answer
I'm not sure what your husband likes, but I just make a light healthy meals and make sure I watch my portions. I can make chicken with vegetables and make side salad or make side brown rice and make white for the family. Keep it simple nothing unknown.
Best Answer

I want to take part in this also!  Not sure if I can reach 20 lbs. but whatever I can lose in 3 months is great with me!

Best Answer
If you guys need ideas on foods to eat, go to www.choosemyplate.gov
Best Answer
Ok I started this morning and I ate good for breakfast & lunch. Went and worked out I walk/run using the 5k app did a 1 min run with a 1.5 min walk 6 times poor 15 mins then I continued to walk. I end up walking for 2 miles, then I did the bike for 3 miles. I had so much energy. I also did 3 sets of 15 abdominal crunches, and abdominal machine also. I am motivated. But the night are hard for me I did not eat great. This will take me a few days to change these habits but I will. Any suggestions, I live with kids so I have a struggle here Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Charma21 wrote:
Ok I started this morning and I ate good for breakfast & lunch. Went and worked out I walk/run using the 5k app did a 1 min run with a 1.5 min walk 6 times poor 15 mins then I continued to walk. I end up walking for 2 miles, then I did the bike for 3 miles. I had so much energy. I also did 3 sets of 15 abdominal crunches, and abdominal machine also. I am motivated. But the night are hard for me I did not eat great. This will take me a few days to change these habits but I will. Any suggestions, I live with kids so I have a struggle here Sent from my iPad

Your off to a great start.  What kinds of snacks did you eat between your meals?  I recommend having healthy snacks of around 150 calories each 2 hours after each of your main meals.  How much water are you drinking throughout the day?

Best Answer

Id like to take the challenge , I plan to reach a major goal by June and this could help me a great deal. so just let me know what I need to do to get started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msaddie wrote:

Id like to take the challenge , I plan to reach a major goal by June and this could help me a great deal. so just let me know what I need to do to get started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't today but will start little at a time. And I drink 4-5 bottles 16.9 Ossetia a day Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a little late in joining, but I'm in.  I've been tracking my weight for about 2 1/2 months, so at least I do know my weight from Jan 1.   I'm great with exercising, but not so good with my eating and writing down what I eat, and that is a big problem for me.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all for a few months, hopefully longer.  I am training for a 5K, my first one, on Feb 27th.   I work out on Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat doing a step class for an hour then I go for a 2 1/2 to 3.2 mile run Mon, Wed, and Fri.  I'm trying to watch my calorie intake, 1200 to 1500 Kcal per day, and drink at least 64 oz of water.  This site will help me to stay on track and keep my honest.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Hi Charma21,

I always go empty stomach for running outside for in 1 hour, when I come back I have a porridge  than. 

Remember you will see losing weight starting from your face.

I did it, really helped me alot!  

Best Answer
0 Votes