Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603
Hahaha...I know for me it is untangling the ear buds!!
Best Answer

I'm late, but I'm in!

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

@CoachMarcus wrote:
Welcome everyone. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. You can lose 1 pound a week by burning 3500 calories more than you consume each week. Set a goal to burn at 500 calories more than you consume each day.

True, but it is unlikely any given weight loss is 100% fat loss. Some lean mass (muscle) may be lost too. Hence the importance of doing some resistance training when on a caloric deficit, to minimize muscle loss.

Very true.  Resistance training is important.  I recommend doing resistance training at least 2 days per week for each muscle group.  If you are on a resistance training program, make sure you give your muscles 72 hours rest before doing your resistance training again.  For example, if you do biceps exercises on Monday, do them again on Thursday.  This will allow your muscles to recover properly.  It's also important to consume sufficient protein pre-workout and post-workout to help the muscles repair after your works.

I don't think I mentioned that I have my Certified Personal Training certification and have help a lot of people lose weight. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@Dmaniac wrote:

I'm late, but I'm in!

Welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DrD2016 wrote:
Hahaha...I know for me it is untangling the ear buds!!

I had the same problem and bought a pair of wireless ear phones on Groupon.  They are awesome!

Best Answer
So far today 8500 Fitbit steps!! On my way the right way..,Lunch will be a salad with Chia seeds! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - We are strong when we know our weaknesses; We are at our best, when we appreciate our flaws; And we are wiser because we have learned from not repeating our mistakes! Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Awesome!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fourth day of clean eating and getting my exercise in everyday plus 10-12k steps a day.
Fit bit says I'm burning around 4k calories per day.. I'm eating around 2k per day. Did crave chocolate yesterday but I overcame it by eating an avocado lol
Best Answer

Yes, please tell me what I need to do.

Best Answer

I am ready to start this challenge. Want to lose 37 lbs by June so this will keep me motivated toward my goal.

Best Answer

I'm very new to Fitbit but would love to be involved in this challenge.  I suffer from severe Fibromyalgia and have gained over 3 stone in the last 12  months - a mix of illness, lack of exercise, lack of sleep and medication.  I have made the decision take the bull by the horns and manage my illness so that it doesn't manage  me.  Had a tough day today but I have still pushed  myself to do some exercise.  Sorry for the ramblings but I am really excited to get the "fit me" back.  Thank you xx

Best Answer

Hi i'd like to join  in this one ~ I've previously, until this year, been pretty good at not eating loads and exercising a lot but, have had a bit of a blip.  I've never been so heavy and it can't continue ~ I'd like to get back to 9 and would like to join this challenge to help.  The healthy eating and daily exercise kicked in 01/01 and i just need to get back in the mindset, I'm looking forward to hearing people's stories and hoping we can get through the 90 days together.  

Best Answer

My 5x5 mates are not back from their New Year breaks until next week, and I don't want to go back to the rack alone. So stuck on the cardio alone until they return, from Oz & Scotland. Managed 15 mins on my old Life Fitness exercise bike, which I moved into my office over Christmas, after lunch. And I also discovered that walking home from work, according to FitBit, is 5,300 steps and 550 kcal, so only need to find another 4,500 steps each day. Can't face it both ways, especially as the bus to work leaves from directly outside the front door. Had peanut butter & marmite toast for breakfast, quorn mince and new potatoes with an apple for lunch and made edamame & portabella orsotto for dinner. Failed with the last bit of clotted cream vanilla ice-cream, something that I would not normally eat. Think that it might be a replacement for the sugar in beer #DryJanuary. Overall though, still figure I'm winning.

Best Answer

I want to know the answer to this too. I don't see any replies. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would be interested too, though I'm already 4 days behind. How does one participate. I don't see any replies when that question is asked. Perhaps I am missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know I'm a little late, but I've started on my own I would like to join the 90 day challenge.
Best Answer
So now that I join what's the next step
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Catamber wrote:
So now that I join what's the next step

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Catamber wrote:
I know I'm a little late, but I've started on my own I would like to join the 90 day challenge.

Awesome. Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@catbit wrote:

I would be interested too, though I'm already 4 days behind. How does one participate. I don't see any replies when that question is asked. Perhaps I am missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes