Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any low carbers here??

ANSWERED
Hi all, I've been low carbing for a few years now and so far have lost 30 lbs and I have 30 lb to get to my goal. Any low carbers here? I just got the Force and while I'm still trying to figure it out I think it'll be the motivational boost I'm looking for to get me to my goal. By the way, can anyone tell me how to change my user name from "ontario" to my name? Thanks 🙂
Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156
I may have an advantage since I'm retired. I try to walk for 45-60 minutes after the three main meals, and a shorter walk before bedtime. We've had a dryer "rain season" this year, so I've been able to get the walks done without getting soaked. Just hope I can keep it going!
Best Answer

I am a low carber (is that a word?)  Will be forever. I want a dashboard  box (not a premium) to take my carbs in addition to  calories!

@ontario wrote:
Hi all, I've been low carbing for a few years now and so far have lost 30 lbs and I have 30 lb to get to my goal. Any low carbers here? I just got the Force and while I'm still trying to figure it out I think it'll be the motivational boost I'm looking for to get me to my goal. By the way, can anyone tell me how to change my user name from "ontario" to my name? Thanks 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, everybody,

I'm a Fitbit Flex newbie, but a long-time low-carber. Is there any way to convert my Flex from calorie-based to carb-based tracking?

Best Answer

I do a paleo-esque diet, minus starchy veggies and nuts.  I try to stick to lean meats, non-starchy vegetables, and low-carb/low-sugar fruits.  It feels great after your body detoxes from ridding your system of processed foods and such! 

Best Answer

I started the Atkins diet about 3 years ago. In my first year I lost over 120lbs. I maintained that for about a year, and then I met the man of my dreams, and just sort of stopped caring. Next thing I knew, I had gained back 80lbs. People say all of the time that if you do low carb diets that you will lose fast, but that it is easy to put the weight back on. Here's the deal...it is easy, but even if I had done WeightWatchers, or any other diet out there, if I would have eaten the way I did(like crap) I still would have gained the weight back. ANYONE who has ever been overweight knows that it is a CONSTANT battle. There are no quick fix, temporary diets. It has to be a complete overhaul of your mentality. So, I am on my second go around with Atkins. I eat more vegetables than I EVER did before, and eventually when the time is right I will start adding in fruits, and whole grains, which is something I never did the first go around. This works for me, so you just have to figure out what will work for you long term.

Best Answer

I am doing low carb as well and would love some ideas if you have any.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlaCAN wrote:

I am doing low carb as well and would love some ideas if you have any.

are you looking for recipes?  or something else?

there's a LOT of recipes out there.  just search for low carb recipes or paleo recipes.  (note: sometimes paleo recipes aren't low carb, so make sure you look at all the ingredients)

some of my favorite recipes come from:

http://nomnompaleo.com/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

just search around.  no need to buy any cookbooks if you don't want to.  it's all out there for free.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I go with low carbs a sort of paleo keto and grain free combination, I use garcinia cambogia and green coffee extract to kill my cravings, I use detox lemon water and oil of oregano and Spirulina to help maintain good gut flora balance, which also curbs the sweet tooth.  I was dx diabetic 2 and a half years ago, refused to go on meds and decided to do it all on my own, through diet and exercise.  I have brought my A1c from a 12.5 to a 4.9.  Not that I am bragging, but I have learned alot in the last few years if anyone is interested

Best Answer

hi ihave the same thing.  i just started using fitbit and myfitness plan together.  i am trying the 10 day detox by dr. hyman.  it seems to be working and i havent binged! i am meeting with a nutritionist to help me put together a paleo type food plan as i know i need a low carb plan and don;t want to get bored

Best Answer
I have lost about 35 lbs over 3 months eating Personal Trainer Food ( http://ptf.refr.cc/4W3C98J ) I also now walk an average of 15000 steps per day. I have about 65 lbs to go and so far it has been easy. Should be at goal weigh by Christmas
Best Answer

Going back to low carb eating AGAIN.  It is a great tool to battle being hungry all the time.  One of the things I found out is that caffeine has a HUGE impact on cravings of sugar for me.  If I switch to decaf coffee I have absolutely no cravings.  Its a miracle.  Question; does anyone know how many calories I should stay at when doing lowcarb?

Best Answer

@Weesa wrote:

Question; does anyone know how many calories I should stay at when doing lowcarb?

that's highly variable depending on a lot of personal factors.  i never really counted calories when i started low carbing.  the only reason i entered food in the log was to keep track of fat/protein/carb ratios.  looking back at my log, i typically ate 1700-2000 calories a day and the pounds came up pretty easily.  however, this was back when i had a lot more weight to lose.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I would also like to program my Charge to track my CARB progress, rather than calories.  Low carb foods are often higher in calories.  I wish I could get rewarded and see my progress on my dashboard...

Best Answer

@MomattheCape wrote:

I would also like to program my Charge to track my CARB progress, rather than calories.  Low carb foods are often higher in calories.  I wish I could get rewarded and see my progress on my dashboard...

There is a feature requests forum, and one for food database requests.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Dr Oz just started one with lots of veggies and low carb. Total 10. Has recipes and shopping list. Looks like one the Jorge Cruise created.

Best Answer

YES!!!  Gluten was the cause of almost all my arthritis inflammation!!

I still have some problems with osteoarthritis from wear and tear but at one time I had been diagnosed as having Rheumatoid Arthritis! I pretty much stick to low carb basically and am hoping that the FitBit helps to motivate me more. I've used cheapie pedometers for years but got frustrated when they reset themselves, break, etc.

From years of taking meds (all kinds of NSAIDS including Celebrex, narcotics and prednisone) and generally being miserable, I've gained a lot of weight.  I've lost 20 lbs in the past year or so but I'd like to lose another 80 or even 100 lbs over the next couple of years.

Best Answer

LCHF is my way too!!  It seems to work even better than the Atkins plan.  It is more like the original 1972 Atkins plan.  Do you read/listen to Jimmy Moore podcasts? He has the LivinLaVidaLowCarb blog.  I'm located near Easton, PA.

Best Answer

LCHF for me too!!!!!!!

Best Answer

So now it is a year later, Craig, and may I ask how you are doing with your low carbing and excellent exercise program?  Have you reached you goal of around 200?

Best Answer

Congrats on getting back on track!!  How are you doing with your FitBit?  I've lost 20 lbs in past year or so on LCHF and need to get more motivated to exercise.  I'd like to lose another 80 to 100 lbs in the next couple of years so I have to step up my program.

Best Answer