Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie counting vs WW points

ANSWERED

I love the way mfp syncs with fitbit. But is there a way to change calorie counts to WW points? I know I'm asking for the best of both worlds... WW is such a ripoff and I'm loving my fitbit. WW counting points works for me but fitbit and mfp is so much better.... except counting calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I prefer counting points to calories as well, for some reason my brain grasps it better, but I hated paying for WW. So I found an app for my phone called iTrackBites and it's the same thing - WW points, but it was $4 I think. So I track my points there, and track my exercise there and in MFP. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

There isn't really a way to do that.  WW points figure in various fruits/veggies that have no WW points so your daily point limit actually translates into fewer calories than you are actually eating (and fewer than would be recommended for healthy nutrition).  I have been "double tracking" for a couple of months now (WW plus the calorie counter on FB site) and soon will just stop the WW, because I think I have the new habits down now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you do it using the "add custom tracker" feature?  it allows you to set up a log to keep track of anything.... not sure if it can be integrated into the dashboard or if you can graph it.... but worth a try maybe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Post back if you decide to try.  The double tracking I do takes very little time ~ both WW and the other tracking sites allow use of favorites, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

F/U, just remember that WW total points will NOT equal total calories~

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you do WW why do you count calories as well?

I guess I dont get it. Do WW or count calories. Why both?
Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Actually it isn't the calories I am tracking but the macros - calories is just value added 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to do WW.  I don't know how you could track points instead of calories here though.  It would be nice, wouldn't it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

O.k. Thanks a lot for the help. Explain more to me about double tracking and the macro thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I track using the points plus WW tracker.  I also track using the FB site log.  The FB site allows me to see how many grams of fat, protein, carbs (and fiber) I am getting and I have used that to optimize (for me anyway) fat/protein/fiber.  With WW, with the focus on "points" rather than "nutrients" (outside of "2 dairy" and "5 fruits/vegetables" and "2 tsp of 'good oil'") I found I was protein-light, fat-light and fiber-light - all within my allotted points, for sure but not necessarily healthy eating for me, at least, once I added strength training to the mix.  I think I am going to ditch WW next month and see how it goes.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I dropped WW today. I just decided one or the other
and WW was the loser. Anyway I'm giving it a shot. I was never successful
with WW. Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to this group.  What is MFP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch this space!!!!

you will be able to track with WW very soon

All good news , end of october I believe it will be available from

Best Answer

I'm new too. I just asked another question too. MFP is my fitness pal. WW is weight watchers. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I prefer counting points to calories as well, for some reason my brain grasps it better, but I hated paying for WW. So I found an app for my phone called iTrackBites and it's the same thing - WW points, but it was $4 I think. So I track my points there, and track my exercise there and in MFP. 

Best Answer

any update on this subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

@slimmer189 

Update to what?  Food log I doubt that will ever happen.

But you can sync your fitbit for AP's on WW. Look under account settings

Been out for a good month now

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP is My Fitness Pal.  Another (IMO really good) site for tracking nutrition and activity.  It is also free and has a large community of active users.  Several of the fitness APPS can be linked to MFP and I use MFP as my "master" and let it sort out the calories in/calories out from the different apps I happen to use for any particular activity.  Google it and see what it looks like and whether it meets your needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both and find counting points so much easier!  also the support I get from WW is the only way to go. I love that I have accountability to real people at my WW meeting too, and my leader is really helpful when I have questions about FB and activity!

Best Answer

Even though I could never get into WW point system  (much prefer regular calorie counting)   I did find that the weekly weigh in by someone else was a big incentive.     I also liked the handouts/booklets  and   10  pound ribbon, stars, etc etc.   I loved that little card where they recorded your losses.    When the instructior was a good one that also helped alot  as did the support from fellow members. 

The weekly fees seemed reasonable in that they have to pay  rent for a physical space and pay the people that worked there.    Plus the materials you get and the 'experts'  that are behind the program add to the costs. 

Having said all that   I tried several times with WW points and  always gave up.     It just didn't click with me  ---   now I am back with calorie counting  after trying every other diet ever invented.    

I have read WW is in big trouble financially as people can find so many other options on the internet.

I hope they weather the storm as they have helped so many people with their  sensible program and people meeting face to face.    

Best Answer