Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

3 points for tuesday

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 for Tuesday
Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Tuesday

The ww scale had me down almost a pound and a half from last week. My scale shows shows just over a pound and a half - I'll take it!

Elaine - glad to see you back. Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to make too many changes at once. Set one small goal and once you've achieved (mastered) that add another. I know, I know sounds simple, but putting it into practice (at least for me) is a completely different story. Did you feel the effects of Quinn? I'm working from home again today. So far we have about an inch of snow. Depending on whose forecast I want to believe, we're to get anywhere from 6 - 16 inches... as long as the power stays on!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tues - 3 pts

I was in a crabby party of 1 yesterday.  I'm such a child sometimes lol

Feel for the peeps out east, those N'eastners seem like hurricanes to me.  Hope the power stays on.

Great work everyone!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 points for Tuesday

Gee, it must be the season (cabin fever? Can't wait for Spring? Need more sunshine)! We are having pity and crabby parties all over the place. @CJ_Here I could hear that in PeeWee Herman's voice "Crabby - party of one? Crabby - party of one!" Made me laugh! 

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, provided with electricity and has a glorious day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Wednesday & 2 for Thursday

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Wednesday (if I count shoveling snow as exercise)

We lucked out and got the low end of what was forecast for us. Areas further South and east that were only supposed to get a couple of inches ended up with a foot. Predicting storm totals is definitely not an exact science! Power didn't even flicker.

and yes CJ, at least last week's Nor'easter was very much like a hurricane. When I saw the satellite photos it prompted me to google the difference, very interesting read and differences. I didn't see any satellite photos of yesterdays storm, but at least where I am it was "just a snow storm" (very little wind).

I too was on my way into the pity (or crabby) party but manged to turn myself around before I got sucked in - this time... 

Best Answer

2 points for Wednesday

@MargaretG139 - glad the storm wasn't worse for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wed - 3 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wednesday - 2 (water and posting)

Margaret, I'm glad neither storm got you down, weather or crappy party.

Today is better.  Lately all I've wanted to do is sleep, which is a manifestation of my depression.  I even thought about calling off work today,  Instead, I got up and while I didn't exercise, I did a few cleaning chores around the house before I got ready for work.  My cousin and her family are coming from Ohio for the weekend and staying at my house, so some intense cleaning is in order.  Team 3 already knows my dislike for housework.  I joke that I gave it up for Lent one year and never went back.

This afternoon (I work 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.), I go do some chores for my mom, including getting her meds ready for the next week, then I have a hair appointment, which I am telling myself is a mini-spa treatment.  Just having someone else wash my hair and massage my scalp is a treat, even if I'm only there for a trim.

So far today I'm staying on my meal plan even though the "voices" have been telling me to eat all kinds of bad things.  I KNOW lack of exercise and unhealthy eating add to my depression, but it's so easy to get caught in the downward spiral.

Thanks for listening to my rant.  I'll be just fine in a little while.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Tues

0 for Wed

Tues hubby and I did a 14 mile bike ride and then headed to the gym for 30 min on the treadmill, but Wednesday I came down with a stomach virus. Still feel pretty icky, but at least I have no temptation to overeat.

KD - good job on your 5!

Elaine - glad to see you posting!

Jan - when will you have results from your mom's biopsy? Sending prayers.

Steve, how you doin'? 

Margaret - you are making great progress

Love to all...

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Tues

0 for Wed

Tues was a good day. Hubby and I biked 14 miles on our nemesis trail, followed by a 30 min at the gym on the treadmill. Came down with a stomach virus Wed and am still working through that. 

Jan - when do you guys get the results back from your mom's biopsy?

Margaret - great job on your weight loss!

Steve - how you doin'?

Elaine - so glad to see you posting!

Sending love to all...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hummm...hope this version of the forum isn't getting squirrely. I got an error message when I tried to post that first message, so I composed another one. Sorry for the duplicate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thursday = 5 

I had my final weigh in for the biggest winner challenge at work. My weight loss equated to 4.4% over the seven week period! My biggest fear wasn't realized - I definitely didn't let my team down. Whenever I have to weigh in for something (WW, Dr's office, weight loss challenges etc.) I always weigh myself at home first thing in the morning as no two scales are alike and I have a tendency to let the inconsistency of the weight of the clothes etc get into my head. This morning when I stepped on my scale at home I saw a whole new decade!!! If only the momentum of eating healthy and exercising regularly were as easy to maintain as the momentum of not working out and making poor food choices.

My oldest comes home for spring break today. She'll be home until Sunday and then she'll be heading to the beach with some friends. Then we won't see her again until later next week. Unlike most college students, they're NOT going to Florida. She and her friends go to the beach in the northeast in March?!?!? Last year, I paid for them to go a day early so they wouldn't be traveling in the middle of a snowstorm!

My sister finally got her power back yesterday afternoon - 6 days after it went out!

Elaine - glad to see you posting and good for you for not giving in to those thoughts of not going to work. 

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 points for Thursday

@MargaretG139 - Congrats on the loss! 

Have a glorious day everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thursday - 2 (water, posting)  I didn't track my food but I did eat better than I have been.

Margaret, great job!

I'm working all day today (yes, I hear groans from non-sympathetic full-time workers).  The hard part is I'm the only one here so I have to do both jobs, parts of which I have to pull the procedure book to remember how to do.

I'm in a much better mood today.  I have my eating plan in place.  I won't get any structured exercise, but I have "miles to go before I sleep".

I get the feeling that the problem with the forums and bouncing back and forth has left many of our members discouraged.  Please make the effort to find us and keep posting.  We miss all of you.  As in any part of a group, it isn't just what you receive from the other members, but what you contribute to everyone else that's missing when you are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good words, Elaine.  Nine hours since a posting - maybe we are back on the other forum?  Struggles are real; along with successes.  It's an honor to read the honest posts.  Just writing it down can help move forward. I need to take notes when I read the posts so I can give support; acknowledge people by name.  I tell myself the name and to remember, but when I get to posting, I'm not sure; I'm better at remember numbers.  But know that all posts, and the people writing them, are important - whether it be three words or 103.  Wishing peace and joy to all.

Fri - 4 pts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for thursday and Friday ... slow and steady

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Friday

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Friday

Well said Elaine and CJ.

I have a tendency to post more when things are going well for me (both frequency and length of posts) than when when I'm feeling discouraged. Ironically I get more encouragement from the supportive responses to others (and to me on the rare occasion that I take the risk to "be real") than the "way to go" posts. Don't get me wrong, aknowledement of accomplishments is appreciated, but I've always had a hard time asking for help so tend to withdraw in those times. I admire the openness and courage of those who share and feel bad that my perfectionistic tendencies keep me from offering support. Because I'm so hung up on saying the right thing, I tend to not say anything.

Ok enough of that. I agree that not having our familiar home is discouraging. I don't have an answer to how we reach all the regulars and let them know we're still here and miss their contributions... Reminds me a little of the Whos in Whoville: we are here, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE!

Best Answer