Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

With Fitbit if I do not reach my goals, all green, I will go on the treadmill or go up and down steps to get GREEN!  I cannot stand going to bed and having orange!!  Normally my Insanity workout gets me close and then I get to green with little effort.

The Fitbit does make me push a bit more.  Down to 159 from 167 lbs.  I now have to set a new goal to 154!!

GET TO GREEN!!!!

Best Answer
The way I understand it is green means you are in the zone to meet your
caloric intake/out take based on the weight loss goal you set (light,
medium, or fast). An orange line puts you under what you are supposed to
eat to achieve your goal in the time fitbit determines. If you stay in the
green zone every day, you will lose weight, orange should show weight loss
faster, but could result in muscle loss as the calories have to come from
somewhere. Red means you are taking in more than burning and your weight
will start to trend upward. I'm sure there are exceptions to this based on
a slew of outside factors. I would try to stay on the low side of green or
on the high side of orange. Emujo
Best Answer

I started using my Fitbit on January 4th.  I aim to meet my goals each day - all green.  I also log my food to keep myself honest.  I have lost 9kg so far.  I find that my fitbit makes me do that extra walk or workout. Two years ago I cut out all sugary drinks, I was a cocacola addict prior to that.  I now drink black tea and water.  If out I will have a soda lime and bitters occasionally.  

Best Answer
To lose weight it's 80% diet and only 20% working out. You can even gain weight while doing extreme cardio if you binge eat after because you figure "oh I can cheat a bit since I burned off so much at the gym", wrong.
Very simple formula:
calories in < calories burned
Best Answer
Bravo! You just spurred me on!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
To lose weight it's 80% diet and only 20% working out.

Very true. Sometimes you see it put as: "you can’t out-exercise a poor diet", or "the fork is mightier than the foot". It’s exercise that supports your diet, not the other way round.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
My app and my online thingy show two different things. My app shows that a under my calories count that I can eat in a day . On my online calories count it shows I'm over. I can to eat 1345 calories in a day b4 I do anything. So I can only eat 1345 calories even if I burned 2850 calories to loss weight . I am on a -250 calories.
Best Answer
Seems your app and your online tool are not synchronized, look through the help pages or post in the support forums.That being said, don't rely too heavily on the calorie counts, both the food and the exercise estimates are just best guesses. Don't take them as gospel just as a guide.I would say that between the assumptions in how many calories you eat and the assumptions in how many calories you burn the difference could easily be 250 calories in a day even if you meticulously weighed everything you ate. With making guesstimates on quantities eaten you could easily be off 500 calories or more.
Andrew Meyer
Best Answer
To answer the initial title of the post, yes I have lost weight since I got the fitbit. I was already loosing weight before I got the fitbit and now I just have a new tool to track more metrics.
I have the new aria scale that automates the process more for me. I am lazy and hated having to manually record my weight in a log, now I can just step on the scale and it takes care of all of that for me.
Best Answer
Ok thank u for the information, I will look into the other problem
Best Answer

Exercise that supports the diet!  I like that!

I will use that in the future!!

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit for Christmas and I have lost just over a stone and a half since then.

I have also been eating better but the awareness of my activity levels is key!

Best Answer

I went from 263 to 224 (my lowest). Now I float around 234.

The tipping point for me was when I was complaining, "that clothing manufacturers were not making XXLs as big as they used to," and was starting to buy 3x shirts. Now, I'm down to XL and from 38 to 34 waist.

I was always active, but I didn't watch what I ate. My thinking was, "I did 30 minutes of cardio, I can eat/drinking anything." I found out you can't work off a bad diet.

Used the Fitbit app to track calories and the lbs. came off quickly.

Best Answer

YAY KAMILLER   SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE MADE A LOT OF CHANGES!  WOW.

Best Answer

@DJGonz wrote:

I went from 263 to 224 (my lowest). Now I float around 234.

The tipping point for me was when I was complaining, "that clothing manufacturers were not making XXLs as big as they used to," and was starting to buy 3x shirts. Now, I'm down to XL and from 38 to 34 waist.

I was always active, but I didn't watch what I ate. My thinking was, "I did 30 minutes of cardio, I can eat/drinking anything." I found out you can't work off a bad diet.

Used the Fitbit app to track calories and the lbs. came off quickly.

This boggles me... How can you be a 34" waist at 224 - 234lbs? I'm 35 and a half waist at 179lbs with medium sized t-shirts.

Best Answer
Well I don't actually wear my pants/shorts at my waist, but below the belly button about an inch. Skinny legs and thick upper torso.
Best Answer

Ah yes, I had forgot about that. I don't either as I've never found that comfortable, even as a boy it always felt bizarre.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
To lose weight it's 80% diet and only 20% working out.

100% agree with this.  Although active at work, working out is just not happening at the moment.  However, since the end of February, bringing only the food in line, have gone down 6% from where I started.  I joined a challenge at work and actually am in 3rd at the moment.  We track by % to give everyone a fair chance.  If we were doing pounds I might actually be in first, since I started from a higher number.  One or two have complained about working out really hard, but then I hear comments about the 'treat' meals they've had.

I'm actually one of those people who really does need to eat based on activity levels.  I'm back to logging as I have a nasty tendency to not eat enough, then working myself into illness.  I bought a new charge HR for myself around Christmas and find that it's almost bang on for what I burn each day.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Ever go a little overboard and decide "Oh well, I'll just declare a cheat day" and then things get really out of hand?  Weight loss plateaued and I slid off the wagon into the ditch. BUT today is a new day and I am determined to end it with all green.  

Best Answer
At the start yes, not any more
Best Answer