Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

UPDATE a/o 1/15/24 - I'm happy to check in - have kept the 20#s off and remained @ goal weight. I no longer need to track my eating as I follow TRE (Time Restricted Eating) with no eating/drinking after 8pm, I think this is also known as Intermittent Fasting. It works for me and my glucose as well. I'm still wearing my 2022 Fitbit and use it to remind me to keep walking at least 1xhour.  Good luck everyone & "keep swimming" - YOU GOT THIS!!

The long-term goal is consistency. Easy does it and find a form of exercise and eating that feels comfortable for you for the long run. We are much more likely to stick with some thing that we’re used to than trying the latest fad, getting discouraged and giving up.

I got my Fitbit in March 2022 and by July had reached my goal weight. I continued to count calories and maintain a reasonable maintenance eating-lifestyle (a.k.a. diet), until the early part of 2023, when I stopped counting calories, relying on trusting myself to know when & what to eat. This was kind of scary as it was the first time I’ve ever truly trusted myself and it takes practice and it works. I made a choice, no matter if I gained a few pounds or lost a few pounds, to observe my body and let my body, my normal rhythm of eating, let me know when I was hungry and what I wanted to eat.

Last spring, at the advice of my endocrinologist, I was introduced to TRE (time restricted eating)/ intermittent fasting as a way to see if I could get my glucose down. This one practice changed 64 years of dieting/eating-lifestyle for me! I don’t eat anything after 8 PM at night. Zero, (except for water) turns out I can pretty much eat anything I want, within reason, from 8 AM to 8 PM without my weight fluctuating. Who knew?!! And yes, my glucose went from 110 to 91!!

We are all unique. What works for me may not work for anybody else and it took me 64 years to find what works for me. My mother was so concerned about a little baby fat she took me to the doctor at nine years of age (1959) for my first diet. Turns out there was nothing wrong with me (I was becoming an adolescent), but being the firstborn, she didn’t know, and this obsession with my weight and body image has subtly controlled every life’s decision I’ve made since that faitfull doctor’s visit. :,(

Prayers, and good luck to all of us on this journey. Stay strong, keep the faith and never give up.
As said in the movie, Nemo, “just keep swimming.”

Best Answer

I got my fitbit to monitor my hr as I have very severe vvs and a mobitz block, but I'm now trying to lose some weight as well! On week three and I've lost almost a pound 😊 my fitbit definitely helps keep me more active and is super helpful for calorie tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have started in 2021 from 256 an now at 185 in 2023. My weight is coming down because I have not been on my insulin Lantus for three weeks. My sugar levels are down, I've been a diabetic going on 3 years or three and a half years and I am almost not a diabetic my A1C is dropped a lot during very good 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hang in there. I know how you feel, but you can get past this. I blew out my knee this last summer, had to have surgery, PT, the whole nine yards. The inability to be active at the level I was used to cost me a 20-pound weight gain. My knee is much better (it will never be 100% again) and as I can be much more active again the weight is starting to come off again. Do what you need to do to get your foot better; don't push too hard too soon - that will just make things worse. Take a deep breath a acknowledge that S*** happens. Don't let it put you into a spiral of bad choices. I'm rooting for you. 🌸

Best Answer
Thank you so much! That means alot!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The chart keeps falling! Since getting the Charge 6 in October, I've been using it to track calories and activity and am down 20 lbs, and working on dropping the next 10. It's a great tool, well worth the price.

2024.weight.loss.20lbs.JPG

Best Answer

Congratulations on losing 8 pounds! I've been working on my own weight loss journey lately and was wondering if you've made any specific changes to your diet. Are there certain foods you've stopped eating, and which ones would you recommend avoiding?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve lost 32 pounds now. There aren’t any foods I’ve avoided. The key is to eat fewer calories than you burn. Now, you will probably find that easier if you eat higher protein, lower calorie foods, but I find denying myself something I love, can derail me. Better to let myself have it in smaller portions as an occasional treat. 

Best Answer

Wow, this is so encouraging! I'm definitely going to pay attention to what I eat and wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. Thank you so much; your words were so nicely phrased!

Best Answer

Yes, my Charge 6 seems to be a game changer. Dropped 4,5kg (10lbs) in 25 days since buying it. The gamification part is what drives me - constantly keeping to a plan and trying to stay constantly on a high level of calorie burn and Zone minutes. Planning to keep at and lose another 10kgs before end of April....

Best Answer

Hope is not a method!  I used to teach sex ed.  Do you have a concrete goal and a way of measuring it and motivating yourself daily.?

I was 224 when I started this journey and have been that many times since but am now 210.8 today.  My highest weight was 226 last december in the eating season. (Christmas Holidays, etc)

Best Answer

I've had my Fit Bit for a year now, and I have lost 92 pounds. I have 11 to go to reach my initial goal of a BMI less than 30. Then I need to lose "some" more to get to what feels comfortable for me. My final goal will be to hold that weight +/- 5 pounds for a year. I could not have done this without my FitBit or my digital scale. I am looking forward to spring and weather that encourages more outside exercise. To all the rest of you on a weight loss journey, hang in there and keep it up! It can be done!

Best Answer