Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

Hi Rnda

Yes, I have. But, I want to lose it more consistently and for it to be noticeable. Particularly, I'd like my clothes to fit better.

Best Answer
You have the power to achieve. Keep it going!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost weight since I got my Fitbit. I track my food and I am more aware of how much I walk. My Fitbit vibrates and lets me know that it is time walk. So I try to get up and walk. I've had my Fitbit for 3 days and I lost 2.5 lbs. I hope I can keep it up.

Best Answer

46 lbs and 23 more to go!!

Best Answer

When I first got my fitbit, I just wanted to know more about my activity level, and how far I walked and how many stairs I did in a day. But as I explored more of the functions, I started watching more things. I finally decided I wanted to work on my weight, so I bought a scale that interfaces with fitbit, and that was exactly what I needed. Now that I can track my activity, my calories, and my weight, I have lost 37 pounds, and am planning to lose at least 63 more. I feel like I have so much more control than I have ever had before, because I know more. I am thrilled! Now I just need to get a regular exercise routine going...

Best Answer
Your doing awesome!! I love my fitbit
Best Answer

I try to Burn 1000 calories more than I eat... the weight melts of.  Log your food and use the stats to make better food choices. 

I eat whatever I want... but decide how much room I have in my calorie budget first. 

I walk on a Tread mill while I watch a 2 Hour Movie and gets me over 20,000 steps a day... NO running. 

Trust me .. it Works... Good luck to you. 

Best Answer

I’ve had mine just over 2 weeks and I’ve lost 5lbs. I think it might have a lot to do with where you start and what your activity level was before you got started. I’m obese and had a pretty low activity level before. I’ve been exercising a lot more comparatively, even though it’s a lot less than most people. I also have a lot of weight between my current and a normal BMI.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, either my Fitbit doesn’t measure my calories accurately or I am recording my calorie intake grossly wrong because I routinely burn 2900 calories a day, sometimes as many as 3600 when I play ice hockey, and I consume 2100 to 2300.

That calorie deficit should equal weight loss.  I have been between 200 and 205 for well over a year now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I just got a new Fitbit as part of the All of Us research project, so I gave my old one to a niece who needs to lose weight also. Getting one is one of the best things I ever did for myself.

-----------------

Thanks! I have also been trying to burn 1000 cals more than I eat. Plus, I have now started rebounding  That allows me to have more flexibility in my eating, since I am burning more. I don't think I could ever walk for that long... good for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes,  70 pounds since 2020. But. The last month I went from 173 to 183 because of a mix of travel, stress, and just losing my give-a-s***. My foot is messed up so I can't walk, and that is not helping anything. I'm moping. Forgive me. Just depressed to see myself moving backwards after really good progress till February, then slow progress till May. So it goes. Get back on it and start again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost 85 pounds in 3 years and have maintained my goal weight for 3 months, even adjusting my goal down a bit after reaching the original goal. I’ve followed the Mediterranean Diet and as I got healthier, I’ve been able to exercise more. I could not have done it without my Fitbit and the app. Setting a goal and seeing my calorie deficit are key to my progress. I wish the program were less buggy, but it’s more complete than other apps I’ve tried. Saving meals, creating custom foods, and logging activities have helped simplify it to the point that I was able to follow my plan and make adjustments as needed. 

Best Answer

Hoping you have gotten back on track!  I have been up and down over the past four years gaining and losing the same 30 lbs.  Well i am at a high point again and determined to stop. My fitbit has always helped when I USE IT! Discipline is my issue! 

Best Answer

I could see that being an issue. I’m a very routinized person, so now that the Fitbit is part of that routine, it’s easy for me to keep using it. I hope you get yourself back to feeling healthy. 

I’m moving along slowly like I planned. I’ve lost over 12lbs since I started on June 9. I only have 2 lbs to go before I reach my first goal, to be under 200lbs again. I’m not in a rush and trying to be sustainable with my diet and exercise. 

Hope your journey goes well! 

Best Answer
Your doing great!!
Best Answer

Thanks! I have now lost over 50# and set up a rebounder, rower and resistance bands in my garage. I am getting regular exercise now. I love my fitbit, too!

Best Answer
I have faith you will achieve your goal. Even if you have a set back,
still, get back up and go for it!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Thank you for the kind words.

Best Answer

It is a 2 step process what are you eating and increase exercise.   I have lost weight 3 times now,  once in the late 80's gained it back 2015 I weighed 350 joined weight watchers,  did well went down to 167 by mid 2016.  Lost my way in 2020 got sick spent a week in the hospital.  This year back up to 290,  April 29th started tracking my food,  got back into exercise.  I have a pacemaker so my exercise is limited in intensity.  I walk a lot,  at least 20,000 steps a day,  some times 30,000 to 40,000 plus. 

I keep my calorie count under 2000 mostly 1600 to 1800,  I'm 184.4 today.  

I track my calories in the fitbit app, track my weight daily,  not recommended for everyone.  Depends on your mind set,  the goal weekly lose not daily.  some people see a daily gain and freak. I have averaged 2 - 3 pounds a week lose, I have had a few 1 day gains of over a pound, no real reason it just happens.

Now the hard part relise this has to be my life if I want to maintain this weight.  I did it from 2016 til 2020, I can do it again just need to stay focused.

Best Answer