Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791
An amendment to my first post:

I've gained 20 pounds since i've started using fitbit. I was very active
but the medicine i was taking caused terrible weight gain (depo provera).
now that i've changed medication (lo loestrin) I lack the motivation to
lose the weight. I'm mentally and physically exhausted.
Best Answer

I recently got my FitBit at the begining of the week. It's crazy how skipping the gym and late night fast food can really make you gain those pounds. My weight loss journey started when my jeans didn't fit anymore! I didn't completely notice my weight gain until people started saying things. I'm 5'8, always been around 150 pounds but somehow, someway I ended up at almost 195. Lack of motivation, bad diet, no sleep were the main factors. In less then 4 months I made it back down to 165 by working out and cleaning my diet without FitBit. Does the target weight loss goal really work? Following a clean diet, being active...has anyone lost the amount of weight FitBit stated it would help you lose by a certain date? I haven't been able to find an answer to this question! 

Best Answer

Lost 11 Lbs so far...Since Feb. 1st 2016... I Walk 10,000+ Steps a day, Drink 120 oz. water Daily, and Maintain a 1700 Calorie diet (Loosely)... Absolutely no more sodas of any kind... I do allow myself Coffee on weekends which was the hardest thing for me to give up. (I do like my Coffee!). I am making better choices of the food I prepare and when I go out to eat. Sometimes it feels like a slow process but I then Remind myself it took awhile to get here, It will take awhile to lose. 😕 ... Above all this is a Journey not a Destination... Enjoy the Trip!

Best Answer

I believe it has me at my goal weight around August... I'll Let you know when i get there!

Best Answer

Best wishes!

Best Answer

Yes to OP, fitbit has worked wonders for my education of what to do,and my body, which in turn upped my mind amazingly over the months as well. I'm 62 years old,and I started on Christmas Day 2015 with my first fitbit,ChargeHR and have lost 21 lbs. Luckily I was fit 8 years ago (in high "BMI normal"on and off the 20 years prior to that) and only had 30 lbs to lose to be in "normal" range again.

I've been aggressive with my plan,10K-14K steps Every single day( the 10 took me a lot of time at first! I zig zagged the driveway after dark),750 up to 1000 calorie deficit on days I just wasn't hungry(with 500 for heavy meal days) and I've logged every calorie I take in so I could watch Everything I was doing on the website charts.I err on the side of caution for Everything. I err for too many "steps" due to other arm swinging and err for under calories logged in case some of my home cooked food logging isn't accurate.

Instead of snacks late when I stay up and read until the wee hours I save off a third of my healthy dinners and nibble That as my tummy settling late snacks. I used to eat Way too many chips and nuts. I never gave up anything I loved although sodas and chips fell by the wayside because it was too much Effort to burn them off.. I still eat almonds with a few hershey kisses though and log it all. I burn off All my daily calories Before I eat them and that has worked wonders for me for all this time.

This tool and the website data was exactly what I needed...that And I was mentally disgusted of myself for long enough that I was darn Ready when I started! A person must be mentally Ready,of that I'm sure. After a month when I was recognizing my face in the mirror again and cloths fitting again I was So happy there was no stopping me.

Now that I have only 9 more lbs to my goal I'm hungrier and doing closer to 500 calorie deficit. But I have plenty of time since I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get this far this fast. The scale bounces a little for me now but every week I'm still losing. I'm On for my ultimate goal....

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit for about a month now. My weight has been an up and down battle but I am maintaining. Here's what I HAVE noticed though. I have lost 4 pant sizes in the past month. So going on the old addage that muscles weighs more than fat.. it sounds like after having my Son in October of last year I didn't have a whole lot of muscle. I have a sedentary job unless I force my steps and I wasn't doing anything at that time to counteract any of that.

I am highly active now compared to previously, but as always there is a lot of room for improvement. I'm beginning to feel myself fall into my old habits again. (Time to stop that)

So While I think in the last month I have an actual net Gain for weight, I am quite sure that is more because I had very little muscle to start with.

4 pant sizes in a month... 4... you read that right.. 4!

The Fitbit so far has helped me more realize what I was eating. For me it has never been how much I have eaten.. it's what I have eaten. New phrase.... garbage in, garbage out. If I want my body to do something amazing, I have to give it amazing fuel.

Best Answer

Absolutely yes.  My starting weight was 414lbs onJanuary 24, 2016, as of March 4, 2016, I am down to 356.  I contribute some of my success to the watch.  I am more aware of what I do and what I should be doing. 

Best Answer

used to have the Zip, now the One

lost weight since getting a FiBit? no

lost weight since actually using the fitbit properly instead of just looking how many steps I've done etc? yes

but I am also logging and checking what I am eating/drinking on MyFitnessPal as well

you can exercise till your blue in the face, but if you are stuffing your face in and drinking loads of pop/booze it wouldn't do any good

Best Answer

Just over 24kg's to date since January 2015.

As I was very overweight the first 20kg's came off really easily.

I don't think it was the actual device that helped me, more the dashboard and everything behind it. Using that I started to take more interest in what I was eating and what I was burning. Seeing that in black and white was scary and has since helped me to improve my diet and lead a healthier lifestyle. I now walk between 5-10 miles a day come rain, snow or shine allowing me to eat around 2500 cals and I find that is plenty to keep me going through the day. I'm burning about 3-3250 a day. Still looking to lose another 10 kg's but I know that will come now as long as I continue to look after myself.

I've not resorted to salad and food like that as it just doesn't hold any appeal with me, but I've swapped a lot of the red meats for chicken, replaced the chocolate/sugary cereals with toast, stopped buying all the fun sized sweets to have as treats and replaced them with things like the special k cereal bars (actually really tasty), to name but a few things...

The other benefit to all this is I'm saving money on petrol too by not using the car so much! It's handy for us having a train station in the village so we walk up there to get the train into town rather than driving. Instead of being in a hurry to get to work in the mornings and dropping the kids off in the car, I walk them to school then drive to work. You can see it's having a positive effect on them too.

Best Answer

@Rocknrollrich I think you are absolutely right. One of the big values of Fitbit is awareness - awareness of your movement, awareness of your eating, etc.

Congratutions on your progress!

Best Answer

@timmiller35 wrote:

My starting weight was 414lbs onJanuary 24, 2016, as of March 4, 2016, I am down to 356. 

Wow, that’s impressive, kudos! You’re right that merely wearing the thing isn’t going to cause weight loss: it’s the awareness about your activity (or lack thereof) and about what goes into your mouth that causes it. Before I got my Fitbit, calories were just abstract numbers I read on labels: i wasn’t able to put them in the context of what I actually burned (I simply hadn’t got the slightest idea about it).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have lost 30 pounds since I started wearing my Fitbit One.  You actually have to make an effort to excercise and diet for it to work.

Best Answer

Got my Fitbit flex on the 2nd Jan 2016 and I have gone from 204 lbs down to 183lbs so thats 21lbs weight loss in ten weeks and its been really easy with Fitbits help. I still have 8lbs to go and once there I will reaccess my goal. My BMI has gone from an "Obese" 30 to an "Overweight" 27. 

I aim for at least 12,000 steps a day and log everything I eat (including the odd chocolate bar) I've recomended Fitbit to friends and family who want to get fitter and maybe lose a few lbs.  

Best Answer

75 lbs and counting.  I quit drinking pop and started logging my food.  I eat less on less active days and I can watch my macros and try to make sure I am eating a balanced diet.  It has been extremely effective for me.

Best Answer
Good for you. I wouldn’t be without my fitbit now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I have lost 4lbs since getting my Fitbit. I look forward to losing more. 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you for the encouragement.

Best Answer

Started Jan 4th 2016: 

Started at 214lbs: I am down to 191lbs as of today.

My goal is to get down to 170lbs by May 30th. I am going to really have to work at it if I want to reach my goal. But the weight loss is not my overall goal. I see it as more of a short term goal because I have always been able to lose weight.

My real goal is better diet overall. I feel has has been what I really have done well doing the last 2.5 months at what I put in my body. I have had some cheat days but overall I have done a pretty amazing job. I am going to be 30 this November and with my family's history of cancer and heart conditions I really just want to be there for my children someday and not be the one sick all the time. 

My goal is No added Sugar, No added Salt, No Bacon, and excersise everyday (no matter what even if its just a short walk).

Best Answer

Got mine 4 days ago, lost 4 pounds so far 🙂

Best Answer