Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2017 Step Goal Challenge.

ANSWERED

Well, back again for the New Year!!!!

-This challenge doesn't have anything to do with USW, CW, GW, UGW, or PW. 

-Instead, the goal is reach the most amount of daily step goals during the month January-2017.  Challenge yourself to hit 31 out of 31 days. Increasing the # of daily checkins increases the chances of achieving 31/31 days. If you discover this mid month, no problem just post away.

-In addition to steps, I thought it would be interesting to add a calories burned  goal as well.

Posting format:

1) List your daily step goal

2)  List the # of daily step goals achieved during January-2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) List your daily burned calorie goal.(Optional)

4) List the # of daily burned calorie goals achieved during January 2017 (Optional)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck everyone, all the best for 2017

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Still going strong with my new weekday treadmill habit. Did a 25-minute walk last night.

11K steps, 2.6K Calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 12/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 12/31

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

I will be going for an 11k Step Goal this month with a 4k calorie burn goal.

Best Answer

15,000 steps/day

4000 calories/day

With the 20,000 steps a day I still didn't hit 4000 calories all days (most days).

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

10k steps per day

2000 calories per day

Best Answer

Thanks for the challenge!

1.  10,000

2.  Will be starting today, 1/2/17

3.  My goal for calories rather than calorie burn will be calorie limit, goal it so not exceed allotment

4.  Again, will be starting today.

Keep posting...daily posts are key to being succesful in a challenge.  Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

I've noticed in the Activities Group page if you join a group it shows up right at the top which is easier to access then a group in the Discussion page.  Therefore, I added a corresponding 'January 2017 Step Goal Challenge' group in the Activities Group page to go with this challenge.  Please join!  Once a person joins we can add each other as friends and see our weekly steps automatically on our dashboard = accountability.  In addition, if you like - I ask because I am not the original auther of this discussion so do not want to over step boundries, we can post this discussion's info right on that challenge page?  

Best Answer

1. 10,000 steps a day 

2. successfully completed step goal 0/31 (I was close but not quite!)

3. 2,300 calories burned a day

4. successfully completed cal. burn 1/31

Today I'll do better.

Best Answer

@Jenifer777 I couldn't find your January 2017 Step Goal Challenge Group. 

But I'm new here and not savvy of all the in's and out's yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  Log in via your laptop or pc, a the top choose community, in the drop down menu choose activity groups, it's listed as A A 2017 Step Goal Challenge so it would be at the very top.  Log in and join...18 people joined starting just this morning. 🙂

Best Answer

@Jenifer777- I joined the activity group, but I admit I don't spend much time in them.  Inevitably you get a group of people doing some insane number daily and then it's pointless for me.

Anyway:

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

2/31               |  2/31

Yesterday I had to do 22,000 steps to hit the calories.  Today fell into place with just over 15,000 steps and am just over 4000 cals already.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

4000 calories that's amazing...nice job!  I end up sitting most of my day at work so this is motivation for me to get walking in outside of work.  I created the Challenge Group this morning and there are already 81 members...I'm falling further and further behind, lol.  So, I'm setting my goal to catch the first couple of people ahead of me.  Maybe that would work for you too?

Best Answer

@Jenifer777- I wasn't at work today, and was getting ready to have people in for dinner.  It led to lots of running around.  Tomorrow is back to work so I'll have to workout when I get home.  I'm not co-ordinated enough in the morning to do much more than steps around the house.  On the day to day steps and such I'm pretty good at self motivation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

11k (Steps)

4k (Burn)

2/2 -Step

2/2-Burn

Just had a 1,300+ mile roadtrip and got some weird looks from people when I was doing loops around a truck stop :). @Jenifer777 I'll def join the group and will add as well.

Best Answer

10,000 steps -- 1/31

2,300 burn  -- 2/31

Best Answer

Nice job guys!

10,000 steps = 2/31

Under calorie allotment = 3/31

I can say this is certainly keeping me from just popping little morsals in my mouth... 🙂 

Best Answer

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

3/31               |  3/31

Best Answer

11k step / 4k burn

2/3 Step

2/3 Burn

Fell 700 steps short of 11k and 70 cals short of burn today. Just checking in despite not making it today.

Best Answer

10k step - 3/31

2k burn - 2/31 

I should probably put my step goal on 11k so the burned calories will follow 

Best Answer

Amost_where...you'll get it today and maybe even make up for the shortage.  You got it! 🙂

Looking at the activity challenge...A A 2017 Step Challenge (if you haven't joined you can)...I can jump quite a few people if I shoot for 12,000 steps vs the 7,000 I started out with and the 10,000 I just changed to.  Hmmm, really kind of loving this Fitbit thing!   

Great reality check on that 3500 calorie comment = a pound of fat...thanks for the reminder!

Best Answer

Ok here goes 🙂 Hope you all do well!

Step goal 15k

Calorie goal 3.5k (roughly the amount of energy in 1lb of fat!)

3rd Jan - Steps 20.8k, Calories 3.9k (incl. a 5k run :))

Best Answer