Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started 6 weeks ago!!

HI everyone !! 
I just started doing cardio workouts about 6 weeks ago (with one week in the middle break). It seems that as I have started to work out I have gained all the weight back that I had lost. My friend said it was muscle gain but my doctor thinks it water weight. I'm not on medications other than a women's vitamin, iron, and an allergy tablet. I's drinking 50.7 to 64 fl oz a day with some days as more. I just started to watch my food intake by adding it to my calorie counter but I have been watching what I eat without that anyhow. I've all but given up sweets; I have every so often but not much as I used to. I also rarely drink soda despite being in a family that is obsessed with coke and cherry vanilla coke. I just got my hubby to switch to Snapple.

I am also using a sweat belt to boost my sweating to burn more fat off. I'm doing a 30 minute cardio video and a 10 minute barre inspired abs work out. 

So anyway Hi all !!! 

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

It sounds like things have been not really been right since Monday and having to do Jury Duty next week sounds like it's come at just the right time to help you to recover.  IME, the less active you are, the less calories you should eat 'cos you won't be burning as many calories if you are doing less and slower exercise.

It's great that you're steadily in the 260's now... it sounds like you are doing the right things to keep the weight off too!  I hope you achieve your goal by next year!

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

Took 2 weeks off... Kind of. I started walking more than heavy exercise. Roughly 2 to 3 miles a day. I fully plan to use that to add to my heavier routine. Lost a few pounds too. Almost to 25. 

Ack! I hate dress fittings for weddings. We went to Davids Bridal today and even tho I clearly lost weight and inches I am still in a size 22 for the dress. It also doesn't help my lovely lady bumps have not gotten smaller. Positives are that I have to get my straps tightened and the back of my dress has a 3 inch gap that I am clearly losing back fat. The bottom of the dress looks amazing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep up the good work, @TheCemeteryMom2!

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer

Happy one week until 6 months (I think), 

Back at it moderately. I finally stopped counting calories and so far am doing great. I finally reached my 25 lbs total lost badge and well into my 30lbs. I weigh 11lbs more than my father in law as of yesterday. At the rate I am going I will be down to 240 by the end of the year and by June 2021 I will be reaching the 200lb mark. I just have to be careful because my bridesmaid dress can only be taken 2 sizes down. I am in a size 22 which is a full size smaller than my other bridesmaids dress from June 2020. If I do make it to size 18 then I will be the same size I was when my husband and I met 10 years ago December. I fully plan to try my wedding dress on sometime here over winter just for giggles. Once I reach 16 I will be in new territory since I have been a size 16 since middle school. I've never been in anything smaller so I am excited and keeping the future goals. 

Also note that I haven't been doing 7500 steps a day but rather 3 miles with leslie sansone which is 6000 steps. I have been meeting that goal but with dad going in and out of the nursing home and hospital we haven't been the most active family known to man. 

Best Answer

I have collarbones... I just started to notice that there is a slight dip behind my collarbones and in my lower neck. I know not important but it is very weird to be able to see that! Also husband noticed the other day while measuring me then when I flex my upper body you can now see the top row of my abs. Last week to this past Sunday I actually gained less than an inch all over but I am down to 262s this weeks goal is 261 steady. Such a hard weight to get past too. I have been at 262 for at least 2 weeks. It has also been a busy time with dad being in the hospital so we haven't been eating as healthy as I want. Still keeping on the exercise. I haven't been as active but I am at least getting 15 minutes a day in with walking or more. I am just so tired all the time and the stress is very annoying. Between the kiddos having fits because we are not paying as much attention as we should be and dad calling every hour it seems and on a rollarcoaster our lives are just not there right now. I look forward to the evening when it is quiet and the mornings as well before I get the kids up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm here !! I'm alive !! Just being a busy caregiver. 

So the last 2 weeks were bad for me. I gained about 5 pounds back. I also had a weird sleep schedule because the husband and I stayed up a but later than normal. Back on track now after my slight set back. I was very upset then all of a sudden the weight dropped off again. Almost back to having lost almost 30 pounds total. In 3 more pounds I will make that mark. 

Also side note even though I gained the weight back I actually lost the inches. So pounds are just a number not a body comp. 

Best Answer

I'm still here still between 265 and 262  but I have been loosing the inches so things are happening still. I tried on my bridesmaid dress and I have a good 4 inches that needs to be tucked. I reached under 12 inches around my neck and arms. my hips are under 40 inches and my bust and belly is 2 inches from the 30s! 

Best Answer

Excellent.  Any little progress in the right direction is so much better than falling off the wagon or going backwards.  Hang in there.  2021 is going ti be much BETTER.  

Best Answer