Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low carb

Who is living the low carb lifestyle?

I just got my fit it- flex and am hoping to track and motivate myself.

I successfully dropped 30 lbs following a low carb (Adkins/ Idiot proof diet/ Paleo thinking) and need to add exercise into the mix to drop the next 30-45.

Looking for friends and helpful hints to continue to journey. 🙂
Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

yes @Dominique, I do plan to stick with it for life, the programme is working for me and my body, I have more energy and have not had a down/sick day since Ive been on it, tho I am now in the process of raising my carbs a little by adding 1 piece of fruit a day and starting resistance classes next week to help rebuild muscle and bone structure (I have osteoporosis among other things) and my stamina. I will be doing LCHF for life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those interested I suggest reading Dr. Atkins books for a detailed explanation of the details of this diet, ketosis and it's use there in. The body in ketosis must burn fat for energy and convert it into glucose as the normal metabolic chain that would convert the simple/complex carbohydrates into the bodies supply of glucose has been interrupted (intentionally in the Atkins case) as well as the need to store surplus carbs into additional fat.

The Atkins diet works well for me as I don't have to deal with my body going in to starvation mode due to a lack of calories normally associated with most diets.

My suggestion if this interests you is to read up on the science before you just jump in. This diet is not as simple as would seem on the surface.

Keshka

Best Answer

Engineering the alpha man 2.0  this book is great should help with workout plan 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattclaryfast wrote:

Engineering the alpha man 2.0  this book is great should help with workout plan 

I’m curious as to how the book relates to the subject of this topic (low carb). According to the description on Amazon, the book is about  "Building More Muscle. Burning More Fat. Having More Sex.". Do you need to eat a low carb diet in order to achieve these goals?!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mostly have used my phone app since I got my Fitbit.. so I didn't notice that the website shows you the full break down of all your carbs, fat, protein, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great ideas thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes