Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Going for the same 10,000 steps & 4k burn.

Good luck everyone, spring is on its way.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

Going for the same 10,000 steps & 4k burn.

Good luck everyone, spring is on its way.

Best Answer

10,000 steps a day gave me a rest month, so for March....

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Currently my step goal is 13K . I increased my step goal last month from 10k. Pretty much I kept it. So I would like to challenge myself to get 31/31 for this month. Fingers crossed! 🙂

Bhuvana

Best Answer

I'm going for 8,000 daily.  I do a lot of other activity, but not consistent enough.  Hoping this helps

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn

Steps: 1 for 1 out of 31

Burn: 1 for 1 out of 31

Really going to try for 27 out of 31 days for both.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

1/31

1/14

Didn't do a true formal lifting day, but did enough that I'm going to count it.  Did bodyweight squats, incline push-ups, bent-over rows, step ups, and those stupid prone jack knife on the swiss ball that I truly detest.  I got sucked into something in the afternoon and basically ran out of time to prepare.  I think I'll likely do the same on Friday and then go into the formal routine on Sunday.  I'm spending the week doing odd jobs/spring cleaning/whatever, which takes priority.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker  Great idea including the lifting days, I think im going to add that also tomorrow.

Best Answer

did 8,000 steps  1/31

Best Answer

Injury dropped me out of last month, and I'm not setting a burn goal this month, either.

10,000 steps is the goal, dear friends...

3/1: 19,507 (am in a challenge with a crazy walker, so... yeah. Foot hurts)

1/31

Best Answer

Did 14,335 steps y'day. 

1/31.  

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 2 for 2 out of 31

Burn: 2 for 2 out of 31

Lifting 1 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Good Job Guys! Keep it up!

I did 15,483 steps yesterday .

Steps: 2/2 so far. 

My regime is 4 days of running (2 tempo, 1 steady and 1 LSD), 1 day of yoga and 1 day of strength training. I don't do heavy lifting. But do some here and there. 

Almost everyday I do at least 15 - 20 mins of stretches and core exercise. I started this from last year. This helps me to go for injury free for a while (knocking the wood here Smiley Indifferent).  

Bhuvana

Best Answer

I'm in!

goal, 10 k steps

25 floors

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps:  15,000 ( 1 / 2 )

Burn:  2,200 ( 1 / 2 )

Ugh!  Didn't quite hit my goals yesterday, though I was super-close.  I guess I was in recovery mode after working so hard to earn that 200 floors in a day badge.  LOL!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

March 1st

steps 28,159 steps

floors 202

Wow, looks great! This was our first day of weekly trail rides, my horse gets most of the floors and 15k steps! I did earn the rest.

Best Answer

I missed my goal yesterday.  Lesson : leaving it for evening is not a plan.  So this morning, got halfway there.

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc - Same here.  I got home and walked around the backyard and up and down the stairs, but I was just too tired to hit the goals.  And, I was close - within 500 steps.  😞

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbinyc- on the weekends I try not to get too far behind as I have more control over what I'm doing.  During the week I try and do a number of steps before leaving for work (I don't always succeed) and make a point when I get home to at a minimum catch up to where I should have been.  It helps a lot.

ie. right now by 2pm I should be at 7000 steps but I'm only at 5600.  I may leave it until closer to 2pm and then do 2400 to catch up.  Or, I may go nuts and get ahead starting now and take a nap.  I'm going to miss this next week when back at work.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker

@Bobbinyc

I totally agree with you about setting kinda checkpoints through the day. My 10k daily goal is really just a package of mini goals I set throughout the day. 1k before breakfast, 2k before first cup of coffee, 4k by lunch, 8k by dinner, 9k before i turn on tv, 10k by the time i crash. These aren't my actual goals but are just an example of mini goals to set throughout the day.  One might look at this and think "i'll go crazy focusing on so many tiny goals" but I find its actually the opposite over time. These goals become like 2nd nature over time so what I end up doing is a quick check of step count after each mini event just to make sure im on schedule. If behind, then I know I can put a little more effort into the next mini goal. Since adopting this "mini goal" approach I rarely find myself at 8pm at night saying "shoot, i need to do 8k steps in the pitch black, freezing cold to hit my goal". Don't get me wrong btw, I can do 8k steps at 10pm in the dark outside when its 20 degrees out but its not enjoyable. And if you start racking up too many "not enjoyables" thats when your mission starts to become "not enjoyable".  Remember we are trying to build a routine that is sustainable once we hit that UGW or whatever your final goal is and the more enjoyables then the higher the chances are of maintaining. Thats my penny opinion.

Good luck

Best Answer