Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 1st to December 31st 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge and the final one of 2018! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

LisefromCanada, you are my inspiration for getting back on track!!! I saw your results and I realized that I can do it again too!!!!

Best Answer

Helo My name is Ivelisse this is my first time in here i really need encourage 🙂

I will weight in every week!

SW - 159.0 (11/8/18)

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

Best Answer

I got up, went to dentist, needed haircut so I took the bus up to the construction detour and walked the rest of the way to the shop. I then walked over to the tech shop, up to a few other stores, back to the bus and then home. 8800 steps so far today within the aerobic heart rate zone. This is MUCH better than I've been doing, so I'm happy. My fitbit says I burned over 3000 calories. Now, before your eyes bulge...you must understand that the bigger you are, the more calories you burn with exercise, even easy exercise. Plus, I'm sick. Doesn't mean I can eat the fridge bare because my metabolism is wrecked. Hopefully I can get it in shape along with the rest of me. 

I wanted to check in, so I can keep my mind on the task. 

I hope everyone is having a good day and successful week. Remember to drink lots of water/clear fluids and move your behinds!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

USW: 350 lbs

SW: 290.4 lbs (11/01/18)

CW: 287.2 lbs (11/09/18)

PW: 289.8 lbs (11/02/18)

GW: 265 lbs (12/31/18)

UGW: 180 lbs

Best Answer

Count me in, I have been out of action due to an injury, I need to get back on track now. Going back to bootcamp tonight (runs 3x a week) and going for long weeks in the evenings as I sit behind my desk all day long. zzz.

SW - 168lbs

LW - 167lbs

GW - 155 lbs

MGW - Aiming for a 3lb loss this week.

UGW- 145lbs

Terri Taylor
Best Answer

Current starting weight - 203.2 (11/1/18)

LW - 204.0

CW - 203.8

GW - 195.0 (12/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 190.0

UGW - 150.0

Welcome, welcome, welcome! 

Everyone is starting off strong and dedicated to staying the course - what an inspiration!

This past week my bad knee was acting up and I had a lot of driving time. By Sunday I realized I was dehydrated (32 oz or less per day average over last 2 or 3 weeks). Downed my 64 oz yesterday and like magic my knee is much better! DUH! Also did a lot of running around last week (my daughter is moving out and needed a new car) so a lot of fast food and soda. Yesterday I finally went grocery shopping and will be eating at home for the rest of the week. Looking for the scale to reflect the changes when I weigh in this weekend.

Best Answer

Back from a 4 day weekend retreat with 8 girlfriends.  It was great.  I continued to walk at least an hour every day.  And I was very mindful of my eating.  Still I did indulge a little more than usual (particularly some glasses red wine and a few desserts).  To my delight, the scale was nice to me.

Results as at November 13...

USW - Ultimate start weight:  230 lbs (September 19, 2018)

SW - Starting weight for the challenge:  212.5 lbs October 31

PW - Prior weigh-in:  210.1 lbs November 7

CW - Current weight:  208.6 lbs  November 13   -3.9 lbs   to date for this challenge

GW - Goal weight for the challenge December 31:  205 lbs

UGW- Ultimate goal weight:  170 lbs

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

@LisefromCanada - I am impressed! A weekend away with friends and you stayed the course! I could never do that. You are officially my hero.

Best Answer

USW: 350 lbs

SW: 290.4 lbs (11/01/18)

CW: 282.6 lbs (11/16/18)

PW: 287.2 lbs (11/09/18)

GW: 265 lbs (12/31/18)

UGW: 180 lbs

I had a slow week last week so I guess my body decided to play some catch up. Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer

Results as at November 19...

PW - Prior weigh-in:  208.6 lbs November 13

CW - Current weight:  208.6 lbs  November 19   -3.9 lbs   to date for this challenge

No change since my last weigh-in is better than gaining.  I am happy with my progress!

Best Answer

LW - 203.8

CW - 204.4

GW - 195.0 (12/31/18)

UGW - 150.0

Ate better last week but have a major stressor happening in that my daughter is moving out. She got a job by her boyfriend and will be moving in with him - 200 miles away. We are moving her this Saturday. We worked at the same company and drove to and from work as well as ate lunch together so her move will affect my work atmosphere as well as at home. We just bought her a new (used) car last week as her old one was 19 years old and could not be trusted anymore. Now it's packing, cleaning and holiday stuff all at once. I'm trying to make sure to drink my water and need to keep an eye on my stress snacking this week.

Best Answer

I hope it is ok to start in the middle of a month.  I just got a Charge 2 and love all the things it can track.  I need to go from a very sedentary lifestyle to a healthy one!  I've been doing a weight loss clinic since May but the weight is coming off really slowly, mind you I'm not following it strictly and am not exercising at all.  So I'd like to join this group for more accountability and community! I would really like to start out 2019 feeling good and having positive momentum.

Here we go:

USW - 242 lbs

SW - 221.5 (11/5/18)

CW - 219.9 (11/19/18)

GW - 210 (12/31/18)

UGW- 160 lbs

Best Answer

Hey Everyone.  Just checking in before the holiday.  I have been trying to keep my activity level up before the big food coma day.   I hope that everyone is crushing their goals

USW - Ultimate start weight - 327.0 05/2015

SW - Starting weight for the challenge - 272.2 October 31

CW - Current weight - 268.4  November 14   -3.8 lbs

GW - Goal weight for the challenge December 31 - 259.9

SW 327 May 17, 2015
CW 272.2
Best Answer

Thanks for accepting . As i know i was struggling to lose weight and i cannot maintain my diet. so finally i lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks with my normal yo yo diet and exercise. so nothing is impossible for us. You can see my diet which i have been used in my weight loss journey - Click here

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Jumping in where you are is great - even if you started on the last day of the challenge - you started! And there is always another challenge coming up. We try to go from holiday to holiday as it is easier to track and varies the length of the challenges which can help with focus.

Let's learn a little about each other:

I am a 57 (almost 58) year old woman who started gaining weight after high school. I had a boyfriend who was overweight and caught his bad, very sedentary, habits. Without mandatory gym class, not bicycle riding as much and my first sit-down office job, the weight snuck up. After losing the boyfriend (not sad about that), I lost 40 pounds, found my now husband and started weight training regulary. Got married, got a house, got pregnant, gained weight. Never lost all of it, picked up a little more, got pregnant with #2, gained more weight. Never lost it and kept finding more as life went on. Ending at 75 pounds overweight - around 215 pounds (I think 218 was my absolute highest).

I got my Fitbit Flex in February of 2014 and have worn it since. I have lost and gained the same 15 pounds over, and over, and over. I got to 199 once and bounced back up - usually during a stressful time. I can manage my food pretty good but still have trouble getting off my butt and moving!

In June of this year my left knee got really bad - advanced arthritis. The knee will eventually need to be replaced but the more weight I can lose the longer I can put it off due to reduced stress on the joint. For the past six months I have been bouncing around a lower number with 205 being the highest. Still looking forward to ONEderland (a three digit scale number starting with a one instead of a two). 

It's taking me a long time and currently life is once again up in the air with helping my siblings get our mom's house ready for market and my daughter moving 200 miles away. I am hoping that once she moves, I can re-adjust my schedule to include more walking/movement and meal prep.

My hubby was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2014 and continues to have issues though he now is cancer free. The treatment and (2) re-sections took a toll on his body. He has asked for a Fitbit for Christmas and I'm hoping we can return to old times and work out together. We are older and slightly broken but still have a lot going for us. We are blessed beyond reckoning.

Now, who is next?

Best Answer

Results as at November 20...

PW - Prior weigh-in:  208.6 lbs November 19

CW - Current weight:  208.1 lbs  November 20   -4.4 lbs   to date for this challenge

(Lost 21.9 lbs since September 19, 2018)

Super happy with my progress!

Best Answer

LW - 204.4

CW - 207.2

GW - 195.0 (12/31/18)

UGW - 150.0

Holiday eating and life stress got me! Going to re-start working on more balance and focus.

Best Answer

Results as at November 27...

PW - Prior weigh-in:  208.1 lbs November 20

CW - Current weight:  207.1 lbs  November 27   -5.4 lbs   YES!!!

(Lost 22.9 lbs since September 19, 2018)

Another pound off this past week.  Super happy with my progress!

Best Answer

I weighed in last night (my daughter and I are working with a weight loss coach)...I'll admit, I didn't want to see a bigger number but it was only 0.3 pounds.  I'm going to really push to lose that and more!  It would be so fantastic to be riding a healthy downward trend into the new year.  

USW - 242 lbs

SW - 221.5 (11/5/18)

PW - 219.9 (11/19/18)

CW - 220.2 (11/27/18) up .3 over our 3 Thanksgiving celebrations

GW - 210 (12/31/18)

UGW- 160 lbs

Best Answer

A little about me:

I am a 41 year old wife, mom, employee, volunteer, and student (but only for a little while longer!). I have been married for almost 22 years and have a 20 year old son who is a sophomore in college (about 3 hours away) and a 17 year old daughter who is a senior in high school.  I work full time in a large healthcare organization (a sedentary desk job).  I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Business Communications in about 2 weeks!

I started gaining weight during my senior year of high school after a traumatic event.  I started using food as a soother and still struggle with that to this day.  I had severe asthma as a child and thus grew up believing I could not do anything physical.  After having my first child, the 'baby weight' stuck.  I lost about half of the baby weight when my son was 1 1/2 years old and promptly got pregnant again.  (LOL)  Again, I struggled to lose weight, and by then I was working full time at a desk job.  I got to within 15 pounds of my goal weight when my daughter was 4, for my 10 year high school reunion.  Since then it's been a yo-yo that trends up.  Earlier this year I was at 242, which is my highest weight.  

Our daughter also struggles with weight.  This past June, she and I began seeing a weight loss coach.  It has been so nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of and provide support.  Also, it's nice that I don't have to be the only one talking about unwise food choices or the need to increase activity.  

My ultimate goal is 160 pounds.  I know that I need to be more physically active, which will help with emotions, stress, and physical fitness.  I'm starting with baby steps for now...getting 250 steps for 12 hours a day and trying to get 5,000 steps a day.  The new fitbit is helping me to realize how sedentary I am, sometimes taking less than 1,000 steps a day and being sedentary for the entire day.  Once finals are over I'm hoping to get back into the habit of going to the gym.  I did really good over the summer (I love the outdoor water classes) but that came to a crashing halt once the semester started. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year.  That would be fantastic!

Best Answer