Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perimenopause

I'm a 41 year old woman experiencing perimenopause.  I'm looking for other women who are experiencing perimenopause as well so we can help support eachother through this roller coaster ride.

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178
Has anyone experience weak legs, feels wobbly . Not being able to stand for
long, feeling light headed, dizziness, out of balance? I have been dealing
with this for two months along with fatigue. Wondering if anyone else has
this problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you had your iron and vitamins checked? It sounds similar to what I was going through for a year when they did a full iron panel and saw I was severely iron deficient anemia (IDA). One iron infusion corrected most of these symptoms. The rest was multivitamins as Crohns disease in small intestines caused malabsorption issues. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had it checked few months ago came back normal. May have to request for
them to recheck it. I requested for them to check the full panel for my
thyroid still waiting on the results. I get so tired easily sometimes.
Today I went out to the yard to put lights around my fence, picked tomatoes
from my garden, through out my recycles and was cooking as well , things I
always do multi task and after 30 minutes I felt so tired I had to sit
down. You think I was power walking, is how I felt. So sick of feeling
this way. I want my energy back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That´s exactly how I felt Melrey, dizzy, incredibly weak, tired, throw in nauseous in the morning too. I was out of balance as well, would have to grab hold of something. It started in April of this year and lasted until August. The weakness really irritated me, my legs felt like rubber. I started walking, trying to get a little exercise in (I´ve always been really active), now it´s October and I´m back to working out again, the weakness is gone. I find that I´m going through stages, as soon as I get used to my symptoms, they change. I went through a bought of depression and insomnia, but that´s going away too, so I don´t know what will be next. 500 mg of ginger helped with the dizziness. It´s the same thing that´s in dramamine, the natural version, and it really helped with the nausea too. As for the weakness, I don´t know if the walking helped or it just went away on it´s own. It wasn´t just my legs, my arms were really weak too. I think this brought on the depression because I was too weak to get anything accomplished during the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is a horrible thing to go through. My symptoms started in June with the
dizziness and then end of July into August everything else came along.
Anxiety, weak legs, arms, out of balance , etc. I do try to force myself
to do things around the house and walk around the house as much as I can.
I do notice that now I get a burst of energy in the morning for a little
bit, then I get so tired and sleepy along with feeling lightheaded,out of
balance or dizzy maybe an hour or two later on. Is like that throughout the
morning and early afternoon. In the evening I feel like myself again.
Recently I have been waking up so hot and sweaty. I will need to try the
ginger pills. Have you gotten check for your dizziness? I saw an ENT. They
want to do a MRI of the brain, am not too crazy about that due to the high
levels of radiation that a person is expose to in those machines.
Best Answer
0 Votes

One weekend my dizziness was so bad that my husband took me to the ER thinking it was related to diabetes ( I don´t have it, but my mother does). The ER doctor wanted to do a cat scan, I refused, he couldn´t find anything wrong with me. I went to my doctor and she told me it was vertigo. She told me to take dramamine for it. The ginger pills are the natural version of dramamine and did the trick. If you go back and read, you´ll notice that Klane1118 had vertigo too. It seems to be a common perimenopause symptom. The vertigo and anxiety came first, then the weakness. My anxiety was through the roof! I felt better in the evenings too. After the weakness, vertigo and anxiety went away came the depression. I started taking walks, started out slow, then went into power walking. It seemed to help. The depression is gone now and I´m back to doing workouts again. I don´t know how long this will last though, I keep getting this feeling that a new set of symptoms is about to strike. April through August was really rough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all.  I am 48 years old...soon to be 49 and started PM in December of 2018. It has been such a comfort to me to read all of the stories here...and has made me feel that I'm not so alone. For me it started when my clockwork cycles of 29 days began to be irregular. I had a period that lasted 7 days and two weeks later would have another one.  This would be punctuated by months of almost normal cycle length but the past few months have been long. My last cycle lasted 6 weeks, and I am on the 41st day of my current cycle with no end in sight.  PM has caused so many things to go wrong with my body that I guess I always took for granted.  I never had skin problems and always loved being out in the sun.  We went to the beach in May and I broke out in a horrible rash.  Come to find out, I had developed an allergy to my own perspiration.  This has changed my life and not for the better.  I can only tolerate the sun in short spurts and my lengthy workouts at the gym have become a thing of the past.  Add that to an already sluggish metabolism and I'm left with an extra 15 pounds that won't go away no matter how many calories I cut.  I am sluggish and tired because I can't sleep at night...and if I ever am able to get to sleep, I often can't stay that way. I suffer from brain fog and extremely poor memory, night sweats (which cause my allergy to flare up), itchy dry skin, sore breasts/nipples, loss of libido, horrible mood swings that make me feel crazy, heart palpitations and sinus infections....and that's only scratching the surface.  Like so many of you, my doctor's advice was to go on HRT in the form of birth control pills which I really don't want to do.  He said that this phase could last for years, and it makes me wonder how in the world women are supposed to live like this??  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know how you feel.
Lack of sleep, mood swings, hot flashes and loss of libido. Weight gain despite tons of cardio.
So I tried progesterone suppositories
To overcome the more painful aspects of intimacy.
It affected my blood pressure, my migraines, so I stopped.
Short time later I was hospitalized for a massive pulmonary embolism.
Was it from the hrt? Who knows?
But I can never take them again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @mary21667  that is exactly my fear!  Who knows for sure whether or not these medications are safe for women of our age, but I feel like there has been enough research done that shows a strong indication that they aren't.  I just can't bring myself to risk it.  I already had a scare on my last mammogram and that was bad enough.  As though women didn't already have to go through enough in our lives as it is.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Happy to hear your doing better. Pray that it continues to get better for
you and all of us as well. I went to the ENT they also want to do a VNG/ENG
balance test. I'm debating whether to do it or not. I'm just so tired of
all the doctor's appointments and testings . Earlier this year I was
dealing with depression. I was also feeling tired throughout the spring
months not realizing that it may have been due to me starting primenopause
. I'm noticing these past few months I been having my period for 4 days. I
use to get it for 6 days. Do you find yourself to get hungry a lot? I been
dealing with that. I can't stand it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

I'm 41 too and the last almost two years has been pretty bad! What's going on with you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not happy y'all are going through this, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I have felt like I'm losing my mind. My anxiety has been off the rails! Super short periods (like two days) then sometimes two periods in a month. It started for me maybe around 36? I started taking Evening Primrose Oil because I would get so angry about the least little thing. Now it's terrible anxiety, lack of confidence, I smell terrible and am having depression. I have tried everything under the sun. I feel like zombies have invaded my body. I feel so different! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s just perimenopause. Kind of early. Eat your veggies. Get your estrogen back to normal. You’ll be happier.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my goodness, I am currently experiencing an identical situation.  I am 50 in a couple of months and had a huge anxiety episode about 10 days ago out of nowhere.  I have remained in a state of 'alert' since then. Tinnitus, nervous stomach, high pulse (Plus RHR), complete insomnia, etc etc.  I'm due for some blood tests later today to rule out other conditions. I didn't consider it to be my hormones until a nurse mentioned the possible connection a few days ago.  I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on & any advice you can offer 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
These past few weeks my symptoms have gotten better. I think the
metoprolol and asthma medicine I was on were probably making my symptoms
worse. I now take a different beta blocker to keep my pulse stable . My
dizziness has died down a bit. I still get light headed/dizziness in the
mornings and I suddenly start to get tired and sleepy as well. My energy
has gotten better, there are times that I do get fatigue quickly. Noticing
it happens now mostly in the mornings . I started drinking celery juice,
green tea every day, yoga, walking and I also have been applying
frankincense and myrrh anointing oil on the areas of my body. Such as my
lower back,hips, thighs, legs . I was soo extremely fatigue that I couldn't
stand for more than 3 minutes my legs were so weak and shaky, my arms too
sometimes. I was feeling out of balance all the time, dizziness, light
headed, all I could do is lay or sit down and my anxiety was so bad. That
too has died down , thank God! I been using organic lavender essential oil
as well as the Frankincense and myrrh oil for the anxiety. This all
started in July. The dizziness started last year in the summer then stopped
as soon as the fall came. This past summer it started up again in June . I
had my blood work done to find out why I was having all these symptoms and
they found I had EBV, put me on medication which made me worse very sick.
Few weeks later I got checked again and found that I did not have EBV. My
period use to be 6 days, now it only last for 4 days. I think what has
healed some of my symptoms is the anointing oil, the celery juicing, plant
base foods, yoga, walking. I'm trying to do more exercise just doing what
I can each day (baby steps). Here is the website to the anointing oil if
your interested. https://www.abbaoil.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I too had depression last winter , not thinking that it was the start of primenopause . Earlier this year I had two bladder infections, and a yeast infections, my pulse began to go up high , my blood pressure was going up, it was always stable while on blood pressure medications since I was 31 years old. I do remember in my late 30's I would get diariah before or during my period, I would have night sweats where I would wake up with my hairline, under breast wet from sweat. I would have light dizziness that started at 39 years old. Then last summer dizziness I felt like I was falling side ways. I though I had diabetes got checked and no came back normal. Then this past spring I was beginning to feel tired , in June dizziniess all the time , then my legs were beginning to feel weak, not being able to stand, arms too weak, feeling out of balance, light headed and extreme fatigue. Ear ringing. I was also feeling nausea,  hungry all the time which it still happens sometimes. Bad high anxiety that started in the summer, has gotten better in the past few weeks, thank God! My period has changed, it use to be 6 days and now it only last for 4 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So low carbs and lots of veggies? Did you feel like you were losing your mind?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s still a battle. I’ve tried progesterone and a ton of supplements. It started with just a few bad days a month but now I’m just trying to feel decent. I’m trying a new supplement and will keep you posted. Mine hit me out of nowhere. I feel foggy, sad, anxiety off the chain but sometimes better. I’ve had several tests and my hormones vary. You’re not alone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes sometimes, especially with the anxiety hitting me hard. I felt helpless
too. I don't ever want to feel that way ever again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
What has helped you?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes