Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perimenopause

I'm a 41 year old woman experiencing perimenopause.  I'm looking for other women who are experiencing perimenopause as well so we can help support eachother through this roller coaster ride.

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

It´s a roller coaster ride, that´s for sure

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am learning this on my own, by doing research online and talking to other
woman who are experiencing similar symptoms. Sadly not too many doctors
tell you all the symptoms. Next month I will be seeing a new gynecologist,
let's see how that goes. Your not alone on this journey
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m finding the subject matter of menopause is one that is not a priority
in the gyn world and it’s unfortunate because in a few years we will be the
largest demographic among women.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree so much...and just give me the info in everyday language! It is so frustrating to get little more than a grin and a head nod from my 20 something Gyn..and symptoms are so random and individualized! I blame dang near everything on hormones now...knee pain - why? why do my knees hurt? - dizziness, heart palpitation, anxiety, anger, exhaustion, hair loss...there is so much!!! And so little real conversation..you have to dig and dig to find something to relate to...even my GP seems clueless!! (this might be an angry day friends..sorry)

All I want is to do this as natural as possible, be healthy, feel good and keep on truckin'. I don't feel like it's crazy to just want to feel normal!

Best Answer
0 Votes

CBD oils are actually very helpful in treating anxiety. Previously, I myself have used similar remedies in order to get rid of anxiety, as well as from problems with sleep. But lately, finding a quality store has been very difficult. Not only me, but also many of my friends faced this problem. When I found really good shops with quality products, but after a few months they closed, so I decided to look for an alternative to this oil. On one of the forums I was advised to try shatter from getkush.io and it turned out to be a very cool tool. I like its effect much more than that of CBD as it is more effective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

been starting to think i have it the way that my menstrual cycles been going for the past 2 years but not sure cuz i''m actually way too young for this. 

Been taking ashwaghanda,rhiolda,vitex,multivitamins etc. even finally decided to try birth control to..its helped a little atleast i am not waiting as incredibly long for my period,it's like a relief not having the symptoms for 3 weeks . I just got DIM, there seems to be lots of good review on it, you should check that one out to.

It could just be a hormone imbalance in my case but most stuff for perimenopause seem the same idea of treatment. I have like estrogen dominant symptoms i start getting water retination and blowing up to the balloon,mood swings, so miserable and depressing so it could be opposite problem. It's like a party when my period finally comes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I definitely feel your pain and KNOW how you all feel. I went through all stages of menopause FOREVER. I recently put up a video on my You Tube Channel about Menopause weight gain and how I got it off and kept it off. I talk about all the other fun stuff, too. I am adding to the playlist workouts for women 40+. These are the EXACT EXERCISES I used to combat the menopause weight gain....a total of 57 pounds and I was not even 5'1 tall....so my hormones were going nuts and all of a sudden I could not eat the way I used to, the same exercises I had done all my life (especially after having babies) no longer worked. Because I am short, I looked as wide as I was tall and this weight flew on in six months!! It was a huge mystery to me how one could gain weight so quickly and how menopause weight gain is so stubborn. I explain it all in the video. I hope it helps you and all the ladies on this thread bc it is definitely an underserved topic in our society and even on the internet! I am creating a Ladies Chat Time so there is a place for "more mature women" can discuss everything we have questions about and support one another. I think it is so important especially since we have been locked in our homes for almost a year! We need friendships, support, understanding and love that our spouses and children just do not understand! I invite you and all on this thread to check out my menopause videos, workouts,etc. You won't believe the before and after photos! You can get through this.....I know it is not easy. Some days you just want to scream and THAT IS OK!! Men do not understand and think we are crazy and losing it......NO, we are severely dropping in estrogen which causes a heap of issues and when we put on the weight, it starts going around our visceral organs (causing belly fat) instead of in our hips and thighs when we were younger. We are not crazy, we are going through some huge changes that affects every part of our being and it is completely normal and thankfully, does not last forever!! Hope the video helps and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! WendyMichelle Thompson, RN  https://youtube.com/channel/UC3i4a-5lc9QuVcEq0YC1sdQ

P.S. The menopause video has a thumbnail photo of me before and after. The before shot is me on a carousel horse celebrating the 4th with my youngest daughter (she was a turning 40 pregnancy so you better believe my hormones were confused!) and my now husband. Ugggggh.....but I am glad I have that photo to help others!

Best Answer
0 Votes

WendyMichelle is your channel down?  I am also gaining weight and incredibly frustrated that limiting my calories and continuing to workout!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experience the internal vibration quite often. It can be really scary. I haven’t had it in my head just feel it through my body. I don’t know if any tests per se. I believe they can check the same hormone they use to determine pregnancy to see if your hormones are low enough to be in perimenopause. I wake up at 3 or 4 every morning for no reason and can’t go back to sleep either. I’m right there with you. Let me know how your appt goes 🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the bio identical hormones cause you to have headaches?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! It's been 2 years since I posted anything, I felt normal for those 2 years with only a few symptoms then out of the blue, two weeks ago, hotflashes and nightsweats started. Here I go again. I was told 2 years ago that because of my hormone levels, that I'd start transitioning into menopause, but I still haven't. Now I'm back to no appetite, vertigo, horrible anxiety and sweating, alot. I feel like I'm starting all over again. Has anyone else experienced this? How is everyone else doing? I'd love to hear!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 👋🏼,

I had a Fitbit, lost it (was wearing a magent band 🙄) bought a new 1 & am back it. My first time joining this community.  I'm 53 next month, in perimenopause, mom of 2, & have had a partial hysterectomy. At first it wasn't made it easy to really tell since I wasn't having a period, but definitely started 1-2 years after my surgery which now is coming up on 8 years, so about 6-7 years of symptoms. 

Reading some earlier replies to this post I never realized anxiety was a perimenopause symptom 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:. Last in person Dr visit with my general practitioner for a physical was right before COVID 😬.

Honestly haven't been back because I'm no very happy with her. Not to mention I haven't had any health issues I warranted a visit. Not including when I broke my ankle at the end of this past Dec. Only did an online referral for an orthopedist.  

At any rate here for those wanting to continue this conversation &/or support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry to hear your symptoms are coming back.  I am now 2 years post menopause @ 46 years old.  For me, the symptoms have pretty much abated.  The bothersome symptom for me now is I swear SO easily.  Outside of herbal supplements I have not taken anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This subject belongs somewhere else, not in weight management.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it actually applies since weight gain is something I'm struggling with as I'm sure a lot of women are too. Something else I was unaware of until I started doing my own research. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am almost 41 and I feel like my body has changed so much since turning 40... so hard yo lose  a pound

Best Answer

Mine hit me right before COVID hit which was shortly after I turned 50. Weight has never been an issue for me & especially so when working out. 

I was used to going to the gym when COVID hit I started out motivated working out at home & even outside & also walking. After a few months I became less & less motivated &the pounds just kept coming. Then I had to deal with an foot & ankle sprain & fracture respectively. I haven't weighed this much since I was pregnant with my end son.  😣

I recently got the workout Mirror and have been on track outside of when I got COVID which had me out for 2 weeks. Losing weight has been a struggle, but hoping with eating healthy on a mote consistency basis & working out 3-5x a week it will work. 

I have yet to look into any hormone supplements as I prefer something natural not to mention just skeptical in general. 

Anyone using anything to help with perimenopause issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might find some answers isn the "Mind and Body" forum rather than just manage weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Chaste tree is something my naturopath suggested, and it has helped
me tremendously.
Best Answer